Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by _V_

1. The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Rose crossStilettoe (sic) joy stinger... Dunno. There just might be cases where you shouldn't ignore "opinions" quite out of hand...
  2. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

No multiclassing on easy difficulty. Otherwise as much as you want. But the UI for it ist a little hidden. Race, looks and backround are fixed. Everything else can be changed (on respecc). If you dislike the story companions, there is a pool of (twelve or more) different mercs that you can hire...
  3. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Pretty sure it's not intended and will be patched "soonish".
  4. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

You are right, however I'm playing on balanced and there hasn't been a single negative attitude from friends since I switched to the bard 1 /fighter build. (Tactitian is for second playthrough, when I know what I'm doing and have meta knowledge.)
  5. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

With "Friends" you get advantage on all non-hostile charisma checks. It's a cantrip for bard.
  6. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

So, if you weren't aware (like me), Monks can wear amor and still use all their monk stuff (if they are proficient with the armor), apart from the unarmored movement increase. Way of the open hand gets great stuff at lvl 6. After that, most is meh. Monks don't get a third feat on lvl 12. So a...
  7. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

So is there any list of what enemies I can throw and what enemies I can't throw? Karlach has 19 strength and cannot throw a 75kg githyanki with frenzied throw... (Haven't tried it with a strength/colossus potion.)
  8. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Since I didn't find any info online: What does Unseen Menace do in combat? What is the effect of invisible weapons? Well, it's really as poweful as described (which I couldn't believe till I used it). You get advantage on all attacks until you miss. (And then it recharges after two turns.) So...
  9. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Thx, I wasn't aware rangers get action surge, three attacks per round with two-handed weapons, "Friends" as a cantrip, "Healing Word", indomitable (and heavy armor as a default). You could have saved me a lot of time, if you'd told me earlier. Anyway, tavern brawler works with druid shape...
  10. Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Well, after lots fiddling around, I finally found a build that I like. 1 lvl bard, rest fighter. And I actually took the bard lvl first. One lvl in bard opens speaking with animals, longstride and friendship while making sleight of hand available as a proficiency. Yes, I sacrifice a feat and I'm...
  11. Indie Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Isometric Cyberpunk Vampire RPG

The codex is a cesspool. The Stormfront of RPGs. Some frontpage coverage would at least give back some indy rep.
  12. KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

So, I'm not following this thread since I want to avoid (major) spoilers. I finally got around to starting Augury of Chaos. Now I'm at a point where I would like some meta knowledge to make a more informed decision. My favourite character at the moment is my centaur samurai with reach weapons...
  13. Indie Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Isometric Cyberpunk Vampire RPG

Needs a codex front page newspost. And some interview crap newspost and stuff.
  14. Indie That Which Rises [Grimdark fantasy x Cosmic Horror]

https://www.mobygames.com/game/1410/birthright-the-gorgons-alliance/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom