Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Aaron Burr

1. Aaron Burr

Poll: Which of the top 20 RPGs have you played?

They're both medieval sandboxes with magical elements but that's really the extent of the comparison. Darklands has way more elaborate character creation and development, neither Warband nor PoP can hold a candle to Darkland's system. Warband's character creation is like a way way streamlined...
  2. Aaron Burr

Next RPG to get excited for?

The game looks good but I wouldn't be terribly optimistic about its release date being something to rely on.
  3. Aaron Burr

The RPG Scrollbars: Richard Cobbett's weekly RPG column

Cobbett wrote about the CRPG Book Project today: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/04/17/the-rpg-scrollbars-the-crpg-book-project/
  4. Aaron Burr

[deleted]

Phantasy Calradia is a mod that tries to offer D&D archetypes as viable character builds in Warband. There's a necromancy skill you can level, at level 10 it turns half the enemies killed in battle into low level skellies for you. These skellies ignore the normal party size limit and have fairly...
  5. Aaron Burr

Crispy™ Do you actually pay any attention to RPG reviews from various prestigious magazines?

I spent most of the 90s and 2000s playing arena shooters, I missed out on basically every RPG outside of the Fallouts and some of the Infinity Engine titles. I've been using RPG Codex's reviews and top 70 list as a way to catch up on lost time and it's been working pretty well.
  6. Aaron Burr

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

Starting the game with nothing plugged in (not even a keyboard or mouse) still causes the same issues. Edit: NM, fullscreen mode and/or lockMouse() in the console fixed it.
  7. Aaron Burr

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

Looked through a few pages of this thread, never saw an answer. I'm having the same problems, mouse scrolls down to the bottom left without any input from me. Only occurs with my Steam version, game works perfectly fine on my GoG install. Also have some obnoxious camera bugs when I first start...
  8. Aaron Burr

Incline RPG Codex's Top 50 cRPGs - Results and Reviews

Curious to see where Underrail places, Divinity: OS deserves to be on there as well. Plenty of good titles in the last couple of years (well, 2015 at least) that might knock out a few of the "filler" titles.
  9. Aaron Burr

Giving PoE another chance

It's better now than when it was released. White March in particular had much better writing and design than the rest of the game. Caed Nua is way better than release but still not jaw dropping. Combat is still the same completely balanced, completely boring experience. It's not a bad game but...
  10. Aaron Burr

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

The name was changed. It's something like beagsandjam now. Interested to see how the geoscape building works out. I've been worried about stripping out complexity, but I've heard that the building process is significantly more flexible. I got tired of rushing satellites and making the same...
  11. Aaron Burr

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

I'm not shocked to see that from Hernandez. She wrote a massive essay for Rock Paper Shotgun a few years back about how Fallout 2 was a life-changing experience for her (largely because you can be a lesbian). It doesn't take a genius to realize how much has been lost, especially if you started...
  12. Aaron Burr

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

I'm not going to argue with the sentiment that Brood Wars is a far superior game than FO4, but I'm not sure I buy this line. In literature, narrative devices and the understanding of how to tell proper stories doesn't really evolve on a scale that can be measured in decades. When a game like...
  13. Aaron Burr

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Someone told me the dialogue wheel was more immersive because "In real life I don't know what I'm going to say before it comes out of my mouth."
  14. Aaron Burr

Fallout Fallout 2: This game has no forgiveness

"A bit" is a massive understatement. I started an early power armor playthrough run a few weeks ago, I'm past Broken Hills now and the only time I've been damaged was blowing up the shithouse in Modoc. Makes combat trivially easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom