Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Aothan

1. Playing ToEE right now. Need advice.

also your Paladin is taking focus next to the Cleric, both are going to generate attacks of opportunity as they try to move into position to defend the Rogue or the Wizard, or whenever they try to cast spells such as healing. If your Paladin is going to stay at the front and be the first to meet...
  2. Eador Imperium

yea I would like to know as well I've been thinking about the game in recent days
  3. KickStarter Grim Dawn

yes in a sense but the Inquisitor's mode of offense is for the most part very linear, everything is generated from firing in a straight line with the intention of the multiple weapon pool skills activating. And wow when your first three shots are all default attacks.. this is the difference...
  4. KickStarter Grim Dawn

I found the same empowered version just earlier as well which I'll probably use for components but even my Nightblade crowd control spells are being cancelled on some of the tougher enemies, specifically the Draghoul (sp), which is exactly the last type of monster which I need resisting spells...
  5. KickStarter Grim Dawn

if one of you will be tanking and drawing creature attention I would compliment with an Arcanist using Trozen's Sky Shard (sp), said spell is very powerful but has a short cast time you don't really need to start by following builds on the forums, the game is naturally playable without an...
  6. KickStarter Grim Dawn

yea so do I but I'll need to add the zoom keys to maybe k and l (near map rotation) having just recently swapped the alternate skill bar key to the mouse wheel so as to make changing skill bars easier. If only skills could be added to the keyboard..actually I probably can change some of the keys...
  7. KickStarter Grim Dawn

yes Grim Dawn is a very nicely detailed game with all manner of intricate details albeit a touch subtle at times, many of the details are not easy to fully appreciate unless you have the time to look at them, i.e. drinking tea larping away etc if you mean Grasping Vines, I think it would help...
  8. KickStarter Grim Dawn

Inquisitor can be powerful, I don't know if they are easy, for the effort of playing the class so many other classes can do the same without being so defenceless. I've been using the Nightblade as a secondary class, Pneumatic Burst in conjunction with Word of Renewal offers a lot of accessible...
  9. KickStarter Grim Dawn

from recollection one of the devotions somewhere around the upper left section has a chance for decreasing cooldowns my character just changed from focus towards the Living Shadow devotion to Tempest, since the former will still require another ten or more levels before becoming available...
  10. KickStarter Grim Dawn

I don't see when an Inquisitor becomes easy because the game is designed around groups mobbing the character. Inquisitor Seal is the safest course of action but cannot be used exclusively without additional tactics to avoid some challenges. My basic advice is to include five points on each of...
  11. Dual Universe

honestly he looks a bit stressed really, I was thinking before when I saw the image how programmers often have a wearied aura about them
  12. Ranged combat in RPGs - accuracy affected by distance, pros and cons

Damage falloff can help balance classes, item types and tactics
  13. Dual Universe

looks really interesting
  14. KickStarter Grim Dawn

I might be thinking of a different game, I thought it was f1 for attack, f2 defend etc
  15. KickStarter Grim Dawn

I would guess the addition of specific class skills and items probably helps, almost every second or third epic item which I find is themed for the Necromancer (it is almost as if the game is telling me something). In comparison only in the last day have I come across rarer items that help with...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom