Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by axedice

1. axedice

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

So does that mean the total number of available spells in this game is limited by how many buttons are on a console controller? Maybe each skill tree has a single awesome ability then when you push a button, something awesome happens... Boy this is being quite an elevator ride. Like when you...
  2. axedice

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Some new studio made a dark and darker ripoff which has much better combat than this shitshow. Truly fascinating
  3. axedice

Why couldn't Obsidian make a commercially successful isometric RPG like Larian?

Obsidian's problem was never Sawyer or sawyerlike autists, they do provide useful input to any RPG. Feargus is a shitty manager who doesn't know how to handle volatile talent like Avellone, Ziets etc , and they all left the company or were driven out due to issues with management. In a company...
  4. axedice

Why couldn't Obsidian make a commercially successful isometric RPG like Larian?

Maybe not as successful as BG3 since it would've required better writing, but yes the masses love bioware style dialogues that focus on the character. 2D is a big turnoff for most people, while 3D dialogues immerses™ normies. Environment interactivity, alternative quest solutions (and combat...
  5. axedice

Clockwork Revolution - inXile's steampunk time travel first-person action-RPG led by Chad Moore and Jason Anderson

Tim Cain himself joined a conversation in this forum about Underrail, saying they're aiming at similar levels of depth and interaction with their new game, hinting sort of a spiritual successor to Arcanum even. And then they released the outer worlds... :betrayed: I have zero hope from other...
  6. axedice

Your top 10 RPGs EXCEPT top 20 Codex titles

MotB is the greatest game excluded from the original list IMO. It is a gem on par with Torment. Disco Elysium is a close second, these two should remove some items (*cough morrowind and one of the gothics cough*) from the list. KC:D comes next for me, and as I've never played wizardry 8...
  7. axedice

IIRC, Avowed was the "secret project" they showcased to Microsoft in hopes of selling the company. The publishing deal for Outer Worlds was already spoken for at the time, so it must have been another game. I also bet that what they marketed to MS back in 2018 is way better looking than the...
  8. axedice

Even though they dropped the ball after Avellone left, Obsidian has always been better with companions compared to other mainstream studios. So this quote kinda surprised me. Outerworlds companions were shit, so maybe Carrie is referring to that? And besides, what the hell is she talking about...
  9. axedice

Vapourware WOTC restricting content creation in new OGL - Paizo launches competing OGL - lol cancelled

The retard is finally giving up with his fit of rage. Thank you Dixon. Please shut up now.
  10. axedice

Vapourware WOTC restricting content creation in new OGL - Paizo launches competing OGL - lol cancelled

It is one thing to know the law, and another to not trust it to be bent against the small guy in favor of major corporations. Then you have the cost of upfront legal fees even in a 100% win situation, which is a completely different beast for small business owners. So you are wrong and we are...
  11. axedice

I am left wondering two things. First is why are you trying so hard JamesDixon ? And second is who conned Hasbro management into thinking that such stupidity would not backfire. I mean yes the corpo management is of course living in another planet, but there has to be checks and balances for...
  12. axedice

Apples and oranges. I shouldn't even have to explain myself, but then again this is the codex so why not.. A criminal case requires all my attention and resources, while a case about OGL has cheaper alternatives to be solved like using my own system or even better adapting a system like Paizo...
  13. axedice

Which means there are some parts of the rule books that don't fall under game mechanics? And for the average content creator especially with limited understanding of the laws, there is still the danger of receiving cease&desist letters from a greedy megacorp with endless pockets? Nah thanks...
  14. axedice

Isn't this whole license about the wording and structure of such rules? You can't of course license the fighter class or feats, much less the concept base attack bonus. But what you can license is the wording of the entire feat/spell/skill/class descriptions and how they tie with each other. A...
  15. axedice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Nah there are mythic feats that make the buffs last up to 24 h.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom