Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Biggus

1. Biggus

Wizardry Wizardry: The Five Ordeals Steam release

If you wait, you might be waiting a long time. The first scenario has been done, and that one is pretty decent, and quite involved. The others are playable, but translating via google lens or whatever is a pain in the butt. I've all but finished scenarios 2 and 3 using lens, so it's doable...
  2. Biggus

Seriously, if you only got one scenario and nothing else, this'd be worth buying. Abyss is so far 11 levels deep and it just keeps getting better. Forget weaboo, this is Wiz.
  3. Biggus

the third guy says... "To be honest, I can come up with no reason why anybody would release games like this to torture players and gamemakers. Thus, the background music became the sole strength of these games." So his credibility factor is zero.
  4. Biggus

make that 8 floors (so far) in Abyss. Gotta say, if this isn't the best bit of dungeon design, I'd like to see better. It is superb. Balance is perfect, for me at least.
  5. Biggus

Deep, no idea. The first scenario is 10, the next two are 6, the Abyss of Ancient relics is at least 7. Walls, there are several, four I think at least, or is it five? I forget, might be more, might not. Ceilings, never paid much attention. I have no idea how the scenario builder works. Just buy...
  6. Biggus

totally worth playing and I'd say it is better than the first three of the official scenarios. I am on floor 7 of it now, and the level design is just fantastic. Itemisation is great, and the way they've worked ID, thief and ninja, you are kinda forced to make them all (one way or another)...
  7. Biggus

The Codex’s Best Computer RPGs (pre-Diablo)

Dungeon Master (Psygnosis Limited) The Bard's Tale 3: Thief of Fate (Interplay) Might and Magic 2: Gates to Another World (New World Computing) Fate: Gates of Dawn (reLINE Software) Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant (Sir-Tech) 2 each
  8. Biggus

Wizardry Wizardry Chronicles for Windows (PC) - Translation Project to English COMPLETE!!! V0.983b Released!!

Hey Aweigh, any chance of reupping the vids? I've got this up and running and wouldn't mind a few pointers :)
  9. Biggus

Incline Elminage Gothic (former Japan only dungeon crawler)

The other (much later) file, the one with some corruption is ...\Elminage Gothic\S03\EL3BGM_50.ogg Yell if you can't find one, and I'll throw it up somewhere. 400K. From memory it is in the really cool dungeon with the... ...graphics This one is no big deal, you could turn the sound down...
  10. Biggus

oh, I forgot to say, there is a replacement file (S03.bra) that turns off the repeating sound. Just overwrite the original with the modded one. The ID all couldn't work because of the skill level needed to ID items. You need a high level Bishop to ID the high level items. ID in the shop will...
  11. Biggus

I never used a summoner. I know I know, I missed out on a lot of funky stuff, but by the time I decided I probably should have made one, it was too late. :) With the guys I made, I think I would have struggled big time without the alchemist. This is one of the beauties of Gothic. It is just SO...
  12. Biggus

I tend to think that it is just too hard for most people and they refunded it or gave up. I have been playing these games since day 1 of the genre, and I have never played one that goes close to being as hard. Persevere, get past the (lack of) interface, and you will find this to be one of the...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom