Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Bohrain

1. Bohrain

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

In order to fix sieges they'd basically have to redesign the settlement maps. And make ladders finite. And make weapon teams and artillery placeable on walls. Even if they had good ideas for the siege design I seriously doubt they'll even attempt to fix the mechanic for WH3. The best thing Total...
  2. Bohrain

I always play campaigns with the mods that remove sieges that's the number one issue. High elves aren't that bad in open field for slaanesh. As far as starting matchups go I think Kugath has the worst time.
  3. Bohrain

Content creators in the program got to post their videos now. Zerkovich went over all the unit stats bunch of others did some battle content. Thunderbarge seems just a dumb unit. When it uses the active ability that makes it take miniscule amount of passive damage while tripling its speed the...
  4. Bohrain

Then campaign changes seem good, though I don't get why they couldn't just instant recruit units on full health. The pools are already restricting mass recruits.
  5. Bohrain

Dwarves getting some rush options seems neat. But I wonder how overlapping roles bile trolls plague ogres have. Similar thing with pestigors and the great weapon mortals. In addition to mass they could've used either more ranged pressure options or light cavalry.
  6. Bohrain

I think that particular unit has broken hitboxes on attack animations. I don't see how it loses so consistently against other monsters even if they have worse melee stats. Also in Total War's case balance patches are like the opposite of what keeps people in the game. They roll them out like...
  7. Bohrain

AP halberd units that effectively fight to the death for 500gp. Statwise they would be reasonable compared to something like eternal guard or high elf spearmen, but By Our Blood is disproportionally good on chaff that is supposed to hold the line.
  8. Bohrain

I wish someone else tried to do the same concept since CA is awful at the turn based campaign mechanics and they have massive legacy code issues. Warhammer 3 code has been cobbled up from Total War Napoleon codebase.
  9. Bohrain

I can get something out of campaign if I mod out settlement battles and use harder autoresolve mod so that you actually have to fight battles. But it's generally just less enjoyable than Warhammer II due to AI factions having something like a hard limit to their expansion once they take like 3...
  10. Bohrain

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Vengeance is an alternate route you choose at the start. So this is like IV:A sort of thing except the original is available too. Main antagonist is Lilith with 3 other female demons.
  11. Bohrain

Enemies being present in world map wasn't an issue in IV when avoiding them was moderately challenging.
  12. Bohrain

Wonder if they are just doing a PC release with the DLC baked in, or if it's a new game with mostly recycled assets like 4A was?
  13. Bohrain

Development Info Avowed Deep Dive at Xbox Developer Direct 2024

The canyon area looks so fucking overexposed in the daylight, jesus what is their art director doing? And the 3D fishmen need some redesign, black sclera can work, but the iris has to have lighter value and more saturation to pop out properly. Now the eyes just blend into the eye sockets and...
  14. Bohrain

Games "must be like Hollywood" is the worst decline in gaming

Imagine a world where Romancing Saga 3 had the sales numbers of FF7 and was the game that was copied in structure.
  15. Bohrain

Games "must be like Hollywood" is the worst decline in gaming

I don't mind tutorials if they are skipable. Being forced to go through something between half an hour to several hours with training wheels on is complete torture.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom