Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by ClaviculaZ

1. Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Not so much a kid as a middle-aged man with far too many obligations. On the flipside, there are a lot of unplayed games for me. Thanks.
  2. Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

I've never played Skyrim before, but might give the Anniversary Edition a go now. I don't want to read through all the 257 pages, so, in brief, what mods are recommendable? I run a GTX 980 with a 1920x1080 screen, so some graphic mods which aren't too demanding might be interesting.
  3. Worthwhile games from 2017-2022

After having enjoyed quite a few games of the first half of the 2010's (such as Blackguards 1, Expeditions: Conquistador, Shadowrun) I lost touch with the gaming world due to the grim dragon of work. So, what is there to play from the last 5 years - it seems as if Pathfinder and Kingdom Come are...
  4. Decline Tolerable multiplayer online games that don't require installation?

So, the girlfriend wants to play online games with me, but she doesn't want to install games on her computer (for typically inane female reasons). The game also needs to be free to play. Is there anything non-horrible to play that way?
  5. Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

It has probably been answered before, but I don't have the time to read through 812 pages now: How is the turn based combat at this point? If it's tolerable, I will get the game.
  6. Eador Genesis

Having played a bit of Eador Genesis and MoTBW in the past, I have recently started with the New Horizons Mod V2.81a and I can only say that it's a marvelous experience. The feeling really reminds me of the addictive atmosphere that HOMM 3 offered to me in my early teenage years and this is...
  7. Games for people with depression

That "writer of no talent" is Thomas Ligotti. You may want to read up on him.
  8. Games for people with depression

As a psychologist and as a person who suffered from depression for more than 15 years I could write endless pages about this matter, but I honestly wouldn't know where to end and there wouldn't really be a true solution either. As for games, fantasy TBS helped me greatly in certain times, but of...
  9. Comfy games to play in Christmas

King of Dragon Pass The Mountain Clans Campaign in Disciples 2 The Banner Saga In general, slow-paced games with a wintery fairytale atmosphere seem to fit the best.
  10. Game News Odd Gods, a 90s-themed adventure through spacetime with simultaneous turn-based combat

The concept is absolutely fantastic. The 90's were both heaven and hell for me and I still consider them to be by far the most interesting decade of the last 70 years. We actually still had subcultures back then instead of one gigantic consumer culture. I also love the art style in the pre alpha...
  11. Whats a good strategy game with heavy rpg elements?

In what way? I liked the second one, but found it a bit shallow, albeit somewhat deep in a simplistic way when played on higher difficulty levels. The first one basically seemed like an even simpler game.
  12. Are there any HoMMs worth playing past the third one?

Heroes V undeniably has the deepest gameplay and allows for the most strategical matches. I would go as far as to say that its gameplay is objectively the best out of the series. In my opinion, people dismiss it due to its art direction and horrible taste (with regard to characters, story...
  13. Eador Genesis

Does anyone have a working link for the New Horizons mod v.150427 ENG or 2.50c version? I didn't like the changes which were introduced afterwards and apparently it's not possible to download the older version any more. I would really appreciate it.
  14. Civilization VI - Now available, so you can sink all your free time into it

The art direction for Civ V was utterly atrocious as well, so I'm sure the game will actually look like those screenshots. I really have trouble understanding how some modern TBS games (Elemental being another example) manage to luck worse than other exponents of the genre did in the 90s.
  15. Eador Genesis

I played the last version quite a bit and I have to say that there's a certain problematic tendency which is not uncommon in mods: Some of the new creatures are just far too strong, not as in unbeatably strong, but they break the balance of the game and the AI miscalculates their actual...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom