Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by cvv

1. cvv

The Settlers: New Allies - revival from Ubisoft

IIRC everybody said it's trash but maybe it's worth a few hours at -70%?
  2. cvv

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

Not sure about that... never been an Ultima fan but AFAIK the last game that's widely considered great was VII and that came out in the early 1990s. It's so old many of the fans aren't even alive anymore lol. And since then all the Ultima associated games have been trash and everyone hated them...
  3. cvv

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Fucking this. I misclicked at the start of the game and this game loads your inn save and then immediately fucking autosaves, thus wiping out whatever progress you made. I lost only like 15 minutes but you can lose a lot more that way.
  4. cvv

I could swear I watched a video where two cyclops duked it out with a gryphon.
  5. cvv

Afaik you just force an autosave by doing that. Yep, loading the autosave crashed, then got corrupted. Before I ended my session I rested in a camp, then saved and quit. I thought the rest save is akin to a hard inn save but nope, it's just a basic bitch autosave again.
  6. cvv

Btw have you noticed that tutorial message at the start about autosaves being "a little unreliable so please save at inns regulalry". Lulz.
  7. cvv

Autosave corrupted, inn save 3 hours back. :kfc:
  8. cvv

As someone somewhere said, all characters look like Zoolander and talk like 2020 California poz bubble rabble.
  9. cvv

Loved that shit in Kingdom Come. Quests don't succeed or fail, there are just different ways of finishing them.
  10. cvv

DD2 not gonna win, they're never gonna glorify a game with so much controversy around it. TGA is entirely built around ads and ad clients hate controversy. Jedi Survivor is a great game, for what it is, and it would absolutely be at least nominated last year if it wasn't for the performance...
  11. cvv

Or dialogues. Or humor. Or characters. Or quest design. Or difficulty curve. Or third acts. Or chardev. Or itemization. In fact all of them shallow, juvenile, terribly written games with pedestrian chardev and boring itemization... with a fantastic turn-based combat.
  12. cvv

Larian probably made a billion dollars by this point, I mean how much more money you really need. If I was Vincke I'd only make small, experimental games for the rest of my life. Or even better, nothing at all.
  13. cvv

I think it's due to short-sightedness of the execs, they just wanna hit that fiscal year goal (end of March IIRC), grab their bonuses and who gives a shit what happens then. I'm an economic major and the professors always told us Western managers tend to make short term decisions in the...
  14. cvv

P. much sums up this whole drama.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom