Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Dajaw

1. Dajaw

Rome Total War II

I love how they show the campaign and all he really talks about is meaningless shit like the graphics for cities. Doesn't look good. You can see its still the same shitty engine from the last games (since empire), probably take 12 years to load the game like Shogun 2. Everyone running around...
  2. Dajaw

turn-based, party-based, roguelike rpg. (Screens on p2)

SCREENS: (I am not an artist, I have re-used as much as I can from my tilesets!) Character creation: Party screen (before going on your adventure!) Last little snipped shot (I have stripped a lot of ui code out so am hiding the ui for now...) (The hashes mark explored...
  3. Dajaw

Just a quick update. Been busy recently but finding a couple hours here and there to do some work on this project. An editor is being developed along side the game that lets you create and edit every thing in the game pretty much. (items, worlds, spells, creatures, classes, races, themes...
  4. Dajaw

Party and Turn Based WIP

Good start, especially for 3 days. :thumbsup: Looking forward to where you go with this one. What are you programming it in?
  5. Dajaw

I think it was a mistake saying roguelike, I'm breaking all the genre conventions here... Great ideas about the death. I want there to be real penalties for dying, but as its party based it will be a little more lenient than most permadeath games. I think a total party wipe should be game...
  6. Dajaw

I totally agree. The procedural system I have in place groups monsters into 'encounters' it doesn't just randomly place monsters all over the level. A goblin encounter may be something like 2-4 warriors 1-2 archers 1-2 shaman. (just an example). So if I do decide to stick with totally random...
  7. Dajaw

Thanks for all the replies. Roguelike is just a vague tag in this case, I am already breaking most of the rules of the genre, this is more a tactical rpg that is not a linear story romp, but a more replayable, combat orientated game. Firstly. I am going to create a map editor, at first to...
  8. Dajaw

No banters or anything. It would only change if I had non-random PC's. May happen but its not a priority for me at the moment. Not played KotC. Bit put off by the lack of races and classes and the fact you only have 4 characters. Will have to give it a go. ToEE had great combat, not so...
  9. Dajaw

I actually initially started with C++, but it is now in C# with XNA. I use C# a lot at work so it makes sense for me, I found myself missing C# as it really is easy-mode. I expect to use Python as a scripting language if I go down the road of designed adventures as well as randomly generated...
  10. Dajaw

Thanks for the reply, I've been working on it for a month or so. Just in the evenings, and now and again on weekends. The benefit would be that you gain more experience. It will be a choice as to how many people you want to to take. As long as I get the exp progression right, I don't see this...
  11. Dajaw

Hello there good people of the Codex. I like to lurk around these parts but this is my first post... The best thing about the codex is that you are very perceptive to bad ideas and know exactly what makes an rpg fun to you. So hopefully I'll get some good feedback here. Essentially I'm in...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom