Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Damned Registrations

1. Damned Registrations

Robust JRPGs like Final Fantasy?

I generally feel the same way, but I think they deserve a pass since they actually use the 3D to hide some easter eggs and treasures and such, and occasionally do some cool camera movement stuff. I would in fact suggest just skipping ahead to BoF3. 2 has a spot in my heart, but 3 is honestly...
  2. Damned Registrations

I've played all of these except Golden Sun, and BoF 4 was the only one I didn't finish. It's a very pretty game, but the combat was way, way too easy and the dragons are boring. I'd recommend BoF 3 if it's the side content you're after. Finding all the dragon genes and masters alone is a ton of...
  3. Damned Registrations

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

Now that you mention it, only one of them was, and he had 8. Not sure what the plan was. They definitely all tried to cast storm power. Edit: I'd place even odds whatever commander he'd wanted to use to cast it got murdered by an ivy king. Kailasa taking that throne probably indirectly killed...
  4. Damned Registrations

You know there's like over a dozen optional bosses in the game right? And they pretty much all reward the player with powerful unique items or spells. Was probably also one of the first jrpgs to involve complex scripting for boss fights, allowing for things like special counter attacks vs...
  5. Damned Registrations

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

If it's any consolation, while the filthy elves were trying to kick you out of their own capital, this was happening on their western flank: I credit the key to my success to my sacrifice of two of my 3 earth magi and an adrodai to an ivy king seiging my other fort. This baffling display...
  6. Damned Registrations

Erannorth Renaissance

I think a lot of people just plain weren't around when digital art first became a thing. I remember the days of people arguing anything not drawn on paper and scanned in shouldn't be allowed on sites like DeviantArt or whatever. There was backlash against photography back in the day as well, and...
  7. Damned Registrations

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Eh, I've heard people say that about anything, right up to and including savestates in something like a Mario romhack requiring inhuman precision. "I'd have totally gotten it right eventually, I'm just saving a bit of time." The only time saving on demand doesn't change anything is when you're...
  8. Damned Registrations

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

To be fair some of the weird meme games seemed like they might have been good too. But yeah, he did a lot of crap lately that was more novelty than masterpiece.
  9. Damned Registrations

Final fantasy XIV any good?

I have a FF14 account. Sort of. Years ago, I forgot the password. Resetting the password requires, among other things, stating your date of birth. I gave them a fake one to fuck with analytics. I can't remember the exact exact date I gave, so the account is just lost to time forever. Actualy...
  10. Damned Registrations

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Maybe From should have tailored the game's mechanics around the game's mechanics instead, so summoning shit doesn't make bosses into retarded pincushions that pose less of a threat than a single trash mob.
  11. Damned Registrations

Sea is, sadly smaller than it appears on the world map. They're effectively stretched out compared to the land provinces, which is why my dominions keep getting fucked over by all you misfortune lovers at the edges where one provinces borders like 6 land provinces. :argh: It's 23 provinces...
  12. Damned Registrations

Elden Ring combat is like a 3000 piece puzzle, where all the pieces are white, and there's also an extra 500 pieces that fit 3 neighbours at once just to fuck with you. Because it's possible to finish the puzzle, autists think nothing is wrong with it.
  13. Damned Registrations

It's also possible to jump a car over a huge gap in a bridge by using a ramp. Doesn't mean that's an acceptable way for a bridge to be built.
  14. Damned Registrations

Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?

You're doing it wrong; you're supposed to stab Lavian in the back and let Mustadio eat the delicious crystal she left behind. :troll: To be fair, FF5 didn't get released in the west for a long time, and the first time it did was in a godawful PSX port that lagged like hell. Lots of grognards...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom