Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Fry

1. Fry

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Base game is 20% off on Steam and GOG. Fuck, tempted. But still going to wait for a GOTY edition.
  2. Fry

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

So, what I'm hearing is I should buy this game in late 2019.
  3. Fry

Interview Brian Fargo interviewed about Microsoft acquisition at Eurogamer

I wonder many 10,000 unit sellers they have to go through before MS starts telling them what to make.
  4. Fry

Obsidian and inXile acquired by Microsoft

Damn. I REALLY want to know what MS paid for all this. I'm guessing inXile got tossed in for about $500K and a nice dinner.
  5. Fry

Game News Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is now on Kickstarter

I know, that's the point. Content is where most of the money goes.
  6. Fry

Game News Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is now on Kickstarter

Nah. Their ambition is way out of alignment with the amount of money they're asking for. Even if they get 5x the ask, there's no way they'll be able to get enough content in for it to be a game I want to play.
  7. Fry

Depends what MS wants from a head. Sawyer has never shown anything but active contempt for the business side of running a game studio.
  8. Fry

I seem to recall Sawyer saying he wasn't interested in directing another AAA game. Which doesn't mean he wouldn't stay on as studio "creative director", but I doubt that position will continue to exist in its current form after the massive management turnover and cash injection sure to follow a...
  9. Fry

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

So it is. In reference to the ongoing nightmare / vigorous discussion / airing of grievances over in the Avellone thread, I notice the copyright holder of GB Vol. 2 is Dark Rock Industries, not Obsidian Entertainment. :M
  10. Fry

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

I "bought it"? Dumb ass, I didn't just spin up an account last week. I've been active here for years. I know exactly what the Codex is. Yes, there are some people using the Codex as an excuse to not talk about Avellone's accusations. But all you have to do is read this thread to understand that...
  11. Fry

Maybe wait until we have a bigger sample size to bother judging the overall tone of reviews.
  12. Fry

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

The Codex is exactly the cesspool it's accused of being. It's also rather obviously the best RPG forum on the internet. It's a shame in a way that this thread won't be viewed and debated more widely exactly because this place is what it is, but that's the choice that's apparently been made...
  13. Fry

Embargo? Germans don't care. https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-pirat-auf-goetterjagd,3329390.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom