Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Haplo

1. Haplo

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Not on a Paladin.
  2. Haplo

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

That's great information, thank you! But does a Fighter have some high stagger move for bosses, like Mountain Breaker or Powder Charge? Does Shield Bash play this role perhaps?
  3. Haplo

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Warrior felt to me too slow and sluggish somehow... even though it seems like a straight upgrade from DDDA, where I mostly only played Warrior. Maybe stuff didn't die there quite as fast... and I didn't have to chase small enemies around this much? IDK. So I'm giving the Thief a spin. Who is...
  4. Haplo

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Bugged I can cope with. Unfinished? I've kinda came to expect this in crpgs. But bad mechanics and/or character development? Needing to self-nerf to incur a challenge? Those are cardinal sins in my book.
  5. Haplo

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Well, I did buy the game at full price, but after dicking around in the character creator and briefly playing the prologue, I'm hesitant to devote more time to it. Atmosphere might be great, but everything I've read so far about the combat mechanics, balancing and abilities really troubles me.
  6. Haplo

It was really cool when Flame Blade used to target Reflex instead of Deflection. Couple with Barbarian Carnage and you had a living Fireball.
  7. Haplo

Well, in these games stacking what you're best at tends to be the most effective way to play ( Faith and Conviction AND high Resolve in case of Paladin). Also didn't Resolve reduce the length of debuffs? If so, that'd be necessary to use Sacred Immolation well. Although that might have been a...
  8. Haplo

And you get two bodies for the price of one...
  9. Haplo

Also the constant recovery regeneration thingy.
  10. Haplo

I actually think having one "tank" was rather good in the original PoE. Combat could become way too messy otherwise. Of course, Eder fills this role nearly perfectly. Unless you build some more exotic parties, like all arquebus chanters. Or make all characters extra durable, like a mix of...
  11. Haplo

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Welcome to Bethesda games!
  12. Haplo

...with Combusting Wounds...
  13. Haplo

You don't really need to babysit them, though. They are reasonably durable. Just don't have them berserk charge enemy ranks, as that won't end well.
  14. Haplo

Don't send the pet first. Instead keep it in the back to protect your backline and flank enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom