Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Humphrey Plugg

1. Humphrey Plugg

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - a new prequel Sherlock game from Frogwares

I enjoy checking in with Zombra's take on these games. I was somewhat less enamored with it but I still had a good time to the extent that I am going to give The Sinking City another go, even though I bounced off it hard at the prospect of splashing around a dreary oppressive world with the...
  2. Humphrey Plugg

Call of the Sea - first person adventure set in the 1930s South Pacific

Finished this yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. I did get it via Game Pass so it's a low bar, but I would be in for buying their next effort for full price if it was similar. I then made the mistake of looking at some user reviews on metacritic, some of which decried it as a walking sim...
  3. Humphrey Plugg

Twin Mirror - Dontnod's new mystery thriller

I also just finished Twin Mirror. I don't really have anything else to add to what has already been expressed beyond a need to record my befuddlement at what a joyless slog the entire experience is. A game where the main character uses his remarkable analytical prowess to... wallow in...
  4. Humphrey Plugg

The Council - episodic narrative adventure with RPG elements set in the late 18th century

I am curious to know what people thought of the skill-based approach to dialog (and the consumables), putting aside any considerations of whether it successfully grafted RPG mechanics to the game. Did it enhance the experience for you? My guinea-pig on such matters is my good lady wife, who...
  5. Humphrey Plugg

The Council - episodic narrative adventure with RPG elements set in the late 18th century

I also picked this up over the holidays and I have to agree. If there was any voice acting direction given for her, it just did not work. There are some other odd choices in the (English) voice work, to the extent that when someone mentions that three Frenchmen are present at the conference I...
  6. Humphrey Plugg

Frogwares' The Sinking City - that other Cthulhu game

Thanks for the nudge, Zombra, I decided to buy it, and will not hold you responsible if I am divorced for repeatedly failing at the combat. For the record, it wasn't a random YouTuber that soured me on TSC, it was an official development video! They start by boasting about an open world you...
  7. Humphrey Plugg

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

The Devil's Daughter will be free as part of Twitch Prime loot in December. As it was free on the XBox last month, I just played it through on the TV with Mrs Plugg... and I enjoyed it, despite its many and glaring deficiencies: loading times are epic, the main story is not good, the cases are...
  8. Humphrey Plugg

Community Help choose the The New World's new title

I assume VD has his ducks in a row with the new names, but long-gestating indie spaceship sim Starsector used to be called Starfarer, until it got changed for "business reasons": http://fractalsoftworks.com/2013/01/04/starsector-0-54-1a-release/ To lose one title may be regarded as a misfortune...
  9. Humphrey Plugg

Valkyria Chronicles IV

I have just spent the evening playing the VC4 demo on PS4 and... it's just like VC1, except with one new class (the Grenadier). Oh, and it only costs one 1 CP to select the tank. And when I say just like VC1, I mean hats off to Sega for making no effort whatsoever to make any changes to its...
  10. Humphrey Plugg

Recommend me 3DS (or DS) RPGs

If you want a brief break from challenge, Crimson Shroud is an interesting experiment and not too long (albeit potentially grindy after a strong non-grindy start). In a similar vein are the Bravely Default 1 and 2 demos. They are self-contained mini-adventures that aren't part of the main story...
  11. Humphrey Plugg

Grimoire Thread

What combination of Difficulty Level and Wandering Monsters are people using for the authentic Grimoire experience? Feel free to also mention your estimated thal genetic composition so I can scale appropriately to my level. Alas, I am almost certainly 100% sapiens.
  12. Humphrey Plugg

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

As one of those Madman wishlisters, delurking to say I read this and just bought with $15 worth of suddenly-spare Grimoire money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom