Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Correct_Carlo

1. Correct_Carlo

Nioh: Feudal Era Dark Souls

Stay with it. The story is dumb (although also silly fun), but the combat has way more depth than Dark Souls (each weapon type has 3 separate stances to learn that you can switch between on the fly to create combos, some weapons have parry windows, there's the whole spirit system which impacts...
  2. Correct_Carlo

From Software Lyric Suite's own Sekiro corner

Do Lies of P, it's actually good and feels like the only FromSoft game not designed by FromSoft.
  3. Correct_Carlo

From Software Lyric Suite's own Sekiro corner

You just have to be so pretentious about everything all the time, comparing Dark Souls to Bach and acting like they are the first games ever with "visual-spatial" complexity. I love Dark Souls too (definitely a top 10 game ever for me), but.....come on. They don't even have the best melee in a...
  4. Correct_Carlo

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

OK, bro. I was trying to defend you, but you are obviously a complete dumbfuck. So, you on your own now.
  5. Correct_Carlo

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

The new Deus Ex games are boring. Sure, there's ostensibly multiple ways to meet objectives, but once you get down to it, you find that they're all very proscribed by the designers, who design (usually very linear) paths for each of the play styles, so they don't have the sense of discovery and...
  6. Correct_Carlo

Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Knight Academy in VR mod

The only VR FPS that doesn't make me sick is Half Life Alyx. Valve must have figured something out there. Otherwise, I want to vomit after 5 minutes.
  7. Correct_Carlo

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Because in the vast majority of cases, it forces me to play a new way or prolongs playing a game I enjoy. I was salty last night, because I just finished it, but now that my hands are healed and I've had a day, I'm happy I 100%ed it. It's also the only way I've ever played games. Even long...
  8. Correct_Carlo

Finally done (100% achievements). I really liked the game at first, but my enjoyment gradually decreased as it went along, until it nosedived completely with the (awful) dlc3. Yuan Shu is the worst boss from any Team Ninja game, ever. I've easily beat all the other bosses up to that point...
  9. Correct_Carlo

Both. You destroy him very quickly in round 1 with the stone spike spell (which only requires 8 in earth), and you can use the earth spirit animal in round 2 to throw up spikes and they not only block spells, but they also take half his health bar off if he runs into them.
  10. Correct_Carlo

Taishi Ci was whipping my ass, so I left, got new gear, came back, and he still whipped my ass. So I watched a video on youtube.....turns out he's super weak to earth. I only had 10 points in earth, but I equipped the earth spells and the earth guardian......and I beat him in one try. I think...
  11. Correct_Carlo

Yeah, like I said, I'm lazy. All my shit is ice based too and it seems like many of the dlc bosses are ice based, so I need to farm some electricity equipment. The grace bonuses are annoyingly hard to get full sets of, so I might not bother, but I have been reading about some that sound pretty...
  12. Correct_Carlo

Yes. However, I beat the whole game with one build, but apart from upgrading the armor/weapon, I haven't paid much attention to emblems. These games can just be too much fucking work to continually upgrade after every mission and/or farm the armor sets you want. Then, the instant NG+ starts...
  13. Correct_Carlo

Dlc bosses don't fuck around. Much like Nioh 2, I didn't want to play NG+, but now I feel like I have to, just to get better gear to beat the dlc bosses.
  14. Correct_Carlo

From Software future souls: open-world or not?

I distinguish between From-likes, or Souls-likes in the style of From, and Souls-likes, or games with the central "drop souls when you die in a respawning world" mechanic. From-likes are always Souls-likes, but Souls-likes don't have to be From-likes. From-Likes: Lies of P Salt and Sanctuary...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom