Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Kayerts

1. Kayerts

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

My favorite mission of the game, by far. The targeting is annoying, but you can turn it on its head; it's possible to camp the waves' spawn points and kill them on spawn, relying mostly on the trolls that do cleave damage set up in a kill box; the overlapping AoEs can one-shot waves. It's not...
  2. Kayerts

Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees

Thoughts after completing on insane: It's a nice, light game, very similar to the first one. It's got fun exploration and a pleasant sense of whimsy. It's pretty well-constructed. The beginning is great, with loads of locations to explore. The middle drags between levels 20 and 30 on insane...
  3. Kayerts

A Quest That Became Legend - gridless open world blobber

Stumbled across this title. It looked like one-man shovelware, but despite some ominously ungrammatical writing, I persevered. For the first two-thirds, I thought it was a very fun game. Comparisons to the style being like Wizardry 8 or Might and Magic 6-8 are accurate, and deserved in some...
  4. Kayerts

In Progress Emperor of Nothing [40k CYOA]

You bros are thinking about this choice the wrong way. This is a rootlike CYOA in the 40K world. It's not a "pick the most useful power" choice. It's a "choose the manner of your destruction" choice. A) Wow, I bet Stormbringer Frostmourne The Emperor's Sword will have zero negative effects on...
  5. Kayerts

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

It's the best track in the game by far. My only complaint is that it feels like it was written for the first true boss of the game (the lighthouse roof naga). It's reused for every other boss in the game and suits them less well.
  6. Kayerts

There's room for (terrible) debate. Fluff 40k DAoT has stuff like a Baneblade being classified as a "light tank," i.e. their heavy tanks were titan-class weapons. And yeah, black hole guns. On the other hand, Necrons at their peak freely made ridiculous things like the Celestial Orrery (voodoo...
  7. Kayerts

My inner troll is hoping that if the "fate" vote wins, it damns us to a hundred pages of playing as Eldar. A > F; setting ourselves on a path of difficult choices that we may or may not have the will to faithfully see through seems like the surest way to ensure glorious clusterfucks a la the...
  8. Kayerts

Incline V2 Full Throttle + Manual

Ten supermodels appreciate the delay, Cleve.
  9. Kayerts

Age of Fear 3: The Legend

They're fun little games and generally worth the price. Les is a total bro and updated AoF 1-2 for years after release, seems to be doing the same with AoF 3. The AI, as advertised, uses a trained neural network and is pretty solid. The campaigns are fun and have a lot of character to them, with...
  10. Kayerts

Icewind Dale The Icewind Dale Series Thread

The "clerics can't wield bladed weapons" rule was always an inane distinction and got more inane in the IE games, where morning stars and flails were considered completely fine despite being depicted with enormous spikes. Popular misconception is that the real world medieval clergy did this...
  11. Kayerts

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

It does remind me of the puzzle in World of Xeen that was only solvable if you spelled "beggar" as "begger." :lol: [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
  12. Kayerts

Grimoire Thread

For anyone genuinely worried about Baxander, it looks like he was on Steam last week and has just been playing other games. He seems to live in Kentucky (for non-US people: it's technically Southern, but it's also 600km+ inland), so he's unlikely to be affected by hurricanes. That said, missing...
  13. Kayerts

This is the worst puzzle in the game, partially because solving it requires you to just be wrong. (Grimoire thinks eggplants are black, despite the fact that "aubergine" is the name of a deep purple color.) Grapes also come in three of the six available colors, and the order and starting...
  14. Kayerts

The character's STR is also involved in the inspection check. Not sure about the actual numbers, sadly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom