Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Lostpleb

1. Your favorite quote in an RPG

Incloooosiiive
  2. Games with good "Detective Mechanics"

The whole game pretty much happens in a booth, but there are plenty of mechanics to think about. You even get to shoot people once or twice! :russia:
  3. Champions of Odin - Have you played it?

The trailer reminds me of those forced World of Warcraft vehicle sessions that weren't good or bad in and of themselves. I see ice and fire; are there going to be more elements like arcane or necromancy?
  4. Burden of Command - WW2 tactical leadership RPG

The real question is, will it dethrone Jagged Alliance 2? :smug:
  5. Lindybeige on attacks of opportunity

Also, some Darth Vader wannabe went berserk on a Swedish school a few years ago, although that was more like a massacre than a fight. And weren't AoOs originally implemented to discourage cheesy combat tactics? Kiting with a melee weapon seems silly.
  6. Vapourware Ok, I'm leaving

7. RTS They Are Billions - steampunk/zombie RTS from Lords of Xulima dev

What would you rather have? Orcs? :P And even zombies can have a little personality. Have you played Infectonator: Survivors?
  8. Lords of Xulima II - developers are collecting feedback

I hope it will be possible to drug up your soldiers for enhanced combat bonuses. I'd get them drunk on mojitos 24/7 as they fend off hordes upon hordes of their former comrades!
  9. of gender and classes in rpgs

A woman that acts like a faggot will draw the attention and sympathy of every man in a 50 km radius. A man that acts like a faggot will get ridiculed and beat up. Pretty big difference in reaction right there. It was kind of late when I wrote that post, so the meaning probably came off as...
  10. of gender and classes in rpgs

The thing is that games these days tend to be made with an 'all you can eat buffet' mentality. Just as well, it's reasonable to assume that most dude gamers are going to roll dude toons, and idem for the few female RPG players out there. The reasoning being that, unless you're playing a game...
  11. NSFW Internal Interrogation - 18+ Animated Erotic Mystery/Action Game - Tech Demo Available

I had to click on a dozen reCaptcha images to make it go away so I could vote in the poll... they're getting shrewd. Anyhow, I think the Bard's outfit is a distraction from her personality. That's just my opinion...
  12. Incline Good Sci-Fi RPGs

Parasite Eve is not turn-based, since its battles follow the Attack Wait Gauge gimmick that Squaresoft was so fond of during the 90s. The feature that really made it stand out was that you had to avoid the attacks of your enemies in real time while your bar was filling up which, at the time, was...
  13. Incline Good Sci-Fi RPGs

Try Neuro Hunter. You'll be getting an... experimental blend of Deus Ex, System Shock and Gothic. There is also that CYOA from the late 80s that was called "Le Dormeur de l'Infini". It's almost impossible to find today, let alone in English, so I'm still looking. There is apparently quite a bit...
  14. Bayonetta 1 released on PC

You can almost make out her anus.
  15. I'm going to dump 50 bucks on Dawn of War 3. I won't even play it.

I'm going to dump 50 bucks on Dawn of War 3. I won't even play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom