Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Popiel

1. Popiel

Fallout Is Fallout: New Vegas a worthy Fallout game?

I'm not sure as to the extent of your agreement with this reddit post but I think it's a very, very wrong take, unless Avellone himself came out of the woodwork at some point and explained his philosophy in detail. New Vegas is clearly a story about something, and said something is even better...
  2. Popiel

World of Warcraft: Dragon Desperation

Random Codexer being more creative with the lore than Blizzard by jesting and spending no effort on it. Classic.
  3. Popiel

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

So, you imply that they'll cease development of WotR when RT hits? Good to know, I had an impression that WotR is quite successful and they may consider making new content for it for some time.
  4. Popiel

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Hey, are there any big DLCs still on the horizon for this one? I'm waiting to play this until its complete with all the side content.
  5. Popiel

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

rogueknight333 Have you had a chance to play a module called Citadel? What I hear is that it's long, goes into epic levels and has hard/creative/challenging combat encounters - that is it's a little like your series. Do you recommend?
  6. Popiel

One of the shittiest things about Skyrim

Have you, by chance, skipped the initial dream sequence during which you're explicitly told by a Daedric Prince that you are the Chosen One...?
  7. Popiel

Bizarre claim. Why exactly like that? I would argue it starts getting good some time afterwards...
  8. Popiel

Oh my. Where's that happening?
  9. Popiel

I would argue the same applies to the vanilla, its just that the expansions are much better example because of how they escalate this. You mean to say that the game tries to vary up harder difficulties in ways other than buffing HP bars? There is little substantial difference between low level...
  10. Popiel

Funny how that works mate. Yes, it doesn't have to - but it does. When Morrowind tries to execute increase in difficulty - as in its expansions primarily - then it does so by making enemies' health bars buffier. Goblins don't employ no nasty tactics or anything else, they just have more HP. So...
  11. Popiel

Hm, is Lilura still around?
  12. Popiel

Incline Warhammer 40,000 Lore Thread

I was lead to believe by people who actually read these books semi-up-to-date that Siege of Terra books are in general better than previous Horus Heresy series, but I won't vouch for that. TMoM is average. It provides an interesting perspective on the Emperor, though I think it was TMoM which...
  13. Popiel

Incline Warhammer 40,000 Lore Thread

Isn't it however how they're actually writing him in 40k at the moment? Guilliman as far as I know had fuck all idea what the hell he was talking with besides some vague ideas that it was his Father long, long time ago.
  14. Popiel

Decline Critical role ruined PnP

Yeah, hard disagree. There are tabletops designed for such a playstyle and there are tabletops which are designed for opposite playstyles. D&D is - or, rather, was, for majority of its history - clearly not well suited for extensive roleplay, it doesn't provide mechanical structure for it, which...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom