Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by PorkyThePaladin

1. PorkyThePaladin

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

I am sorry, but if a bunch of developers release a game that sometimes wipes your hard drive, I don't trust them to make something good.
  2. PorkyThePaladin

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

From Wikipedia: "The game received lackluster reviews and was plagued with bugs. One major bug would cause a player's system files to uninstall when the game was removed.[15] Other bugs included problems with installation, saving game files, graphics, and gameplay.[2] Chris Chan of the New...
  3. PorkyThePaladin

Kingdom Come: Deliverance sequel announcement on April 18th

Hope it's KCD2 or some spin-off game using the engine but not affecting KCD2 being made. But then again, it's not like Piranha Bytes didn't shit the bed with Gothic 3/Risen 2-3/Elex 2, or Logic Artists didn't implode with Expeditions: Rome. Talented gaming studios are worse than drug-addled rock...
  4. PorkyThePaladin

Kingdom Come: Deliverance sequel announcement on April 18th

Hhmm, weird. Logic and heart both say it ought to be KCD2, but that image... That's modern clothing. Doesn't make any sense...
  5. PorkyThePaladin

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Porky shivers, crosses himself, and lifts the crucifix...
  6. PorkyThePaladin

I already did it for you: Back in 2018: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/very-disappointed-with-divinity-original-sin.120011/ And in 2021: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/is-divinity-original-sin-the-single-most-annoying-rpg-ever.140388/
  7. PorkyThePaladin

Shit game, news at 11. The animations WERE slow AF, tactics are pretty weak (how many times can any retard combine oil+fire or water+lightning before that shit gets old), but all of that pales in comparison to the sheer horror of Larian writing.
  8. PorkyThePaladin

Which programming language did you choose and why?

If Microsoft ever hired an engineer with perfect insight, the same exact moment a giant black hole would appear in their Redmond headquarters and suck the entire company in, in order to avoid ruining the universe with an unsolvable paradox.
  9. PorkyThePaladin

Which programming language did you choose and why?

You are missing the point though. The gigachad used a higher level language (Java) to make something awesome quickly. Then of course the code monkeys can come in and optimize it, but by then the thing is already made. The same patterns shows up all over, most of the largest, well known...
  10. PorkyThePaladin

Anime The mistake a lot of modern boomer shooters make

I am not a fan of competitive multiplayer shooters or on-rails cinematic shooters either, but after the original boomer shooters, FPS games introduced a lot of good features, like iron sights, realistic damage models, crouching/going prone, using stealth and cover, having interesting stories on...
  11. PorkyThePaladin

Anime The mistake a lot of modern boomer shooters make

The mistake a lot of boomer shooters make .... is being made.
  12. PorkyThePaladin

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Rolls eyes... Ok, let's see what you got, boyo. But this is an example of RDR2 being bad. The player wasn't there when Dutch was supposedly successful (you can't even use RDR1 as a crutch here, because in that game also, Dutch was just some crazy you hunted down). So all the player sees is...
  13. PorkyThePaladin

Star Wars Outlaws - coming August 30th

Lol, Ubisoft AND female protag? Yeah I am sure this will turn out great.
  14. PorkyThePaladin

Crispy™ Discussion on Ubisoftness of open world games

Hhhmm, somewhat interesting post, but I dunno. I don't really make the connection. They could've done Far Cry 2 along those lines (war is absurd, nothing matters, shades of Heart of Darkness, which is what they shot for), by having meaningful missions in and of themselves, and meaningful...
  15. PorkyThePaladin

Russian Kingdom Come Deliverance - Смута

Leering bear in the background, hungrily looking at main characater's arse... Yeah... I knew game industry would clone all the wrong lessons from Baldur's Gate 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom