Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Renevent

1. Renevent

Any good metroidvania recommendations?

Agreed, this is probably one of my favorite recent Metroidvania. Played through it twice. I bought a switch recently and the new Metroid is also really good, although there were some things I wasn't too fond of (dumb robot hunter sections).
  2. Renevent

Any good metroidvania recommendations?

Just beat it last night, it's alright, fun enough but IMO more of a workman-like effort. If you enjoy the genre is worth playing.
  3. Renevent

Blood West - immersive stealth horror FPS set in a wicked Wild West

This game is awesome, played chapter 1 and finished it but will probably wait for release to get back into it. Really fantastic atmosphere and exploration, only real complaint is I hope they beef up some of the RPG systems.
  4. Renevent

Atomic Heart - open world first-person shooter set in an alternate universe Soviet Union

Been playing for a few hours so far I'm really enjoying the game. The opening intro is absolutely insane, one of the coolest intros and the graphics (everything on ultra) are just flatout amazing. The gameplay itself is excellent. Gunplay feels and sounds great, you get tons of different...
  5. Renevent

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

What's a summary breakdown for the "crack drama" posted above...in the dark would like to know what the context is?
  6. Renevent

Card-Based Marvel's Midnight Suns - Marvel universe card-based tactical RPG from Firaxis

What's even worse is they're replacing the 2 studio veterans with some executive chick from Fortnite. So if anyone is expecting Firaxis to shape up and course correct can fucking forget about that shit lol. Anyways I'd normally be in Midnight Sun's primary customer base but didn't get it for a...
  7. Renevent

Weird West: Definitive Edition - top-down immersive sim action-RPG from Arkane founder Raf Colantonio

Writing may be okay (I ignored it) but the game itself is kinda shitty. Starts out promising but you quickly see it's faults and how shallow everything is. It's a shame because I do like the other games they've (Ralf and whoever left for this team) made like Arx Fatalis, Prey, etc.
  8. Renevent

Lords of the Fallen - action-RPG reboot from Hexworks

I thought the first was really fun, def looking forward to this game.
  9. Renevent

Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms - ARPG with dynamic overworld - now on Early Access

Already purchased it, will try it soon. I've been watching this game for a while def one of the most anticipated game for me!
  10. Renevent

Last Epoch - time travel action-RPG

Yes, there's end game. It's called the monolith of fate and basically there's different islands with a monolith. For each island you have to do random maps with increasingly difficult modifiers, which unlocks various "stages" of progress for that island. At the end you fight a boss, and then...
  11. Renevent

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

I really wanted to like the Green Knight...it is a great looking movie with really cool atmosphere. I absolutely hated the characters though and it was just a slog to sit through.
  12. Renevent

Metroidvanias and RPGs - different genres, similar "game feel"

That I completely disagree with, the game is gorgeous and the 3d backgrounds adds a lot of awesome depth to the visuals.
  13. Renevent

Agree that's my biggest complaint and I almost didn't pick it up due the corny ass anime main character. Def recommend it despite that though, it's one of the best metroidvanias out there IMO.
  14. Renevent

I started replaying this one, it's IMO one of the best metroidvanias out there. Tons of content, lots of secrets, robust equipment system, tons of ways to upgrade, and the amount of mechanically distinct weapons/attacks is similar to something like Dark Souls. It's also gorgeous looking with...
  15. Renevent

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters - Grey Knights turn-based tactical RPG

At work still so only played the first mission, but from the second the opening cinematic played to the end of the mission I was really happy with what I have seen so far. Mechanics wise it seems to have all the xcom style options and the 40k stuff is done amazingly well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom