Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Shadenuat

1. Shadenuat

Vapourware Games Workshop takes the hatchet to Age of Sigmar, fans are Big Mad (TM)

It's fine, our hate for gw is such we shall buy machines to make more copies of gw minis, to play more games from games workshop! :kingcomrade: :philosoraptor: But yea buy Artel W
  2. Shadenuat

Vapourware Games Workshop takes the hatchet to Age of Sigmar, fans are Big Mad (TM)

Uhuh. And new killteam sold out in 3 microseconds :M
  3. Shadenuat

Yea they just suck. Most of wahafantasy style came from plagued holy roman empire and pop fantasy of 80s, that lame nu mtg designs never could aquire same level of perfected artistic identity. And like ok, you have 1 superhero setting already. Leave your fantasy for grim peasants with...
  4. Shadenuat

idk why people are upset: fantasy spehhsmarines got axed, and you will play in old world with beastmen instead of ageofshitmar After Legends concept got introduced, it was a red flag for everyone with half a brain game is moving to live service :happytrollboy:
  5. Shadenuat

Incline Path of Exile II - isometric souls with loot (beta coming late 2024)

Da dude plays archer and enters copy of maggots lair Level splits into 2 coridors You can 1) shoot enemy in coridor 1 and retreat back to safe space 2) shoot enemy in coridor 1 and lol roll into coridor 2 into enemy Gigabrain choice Maybe i am too safe player due to clan play in mmos where...
  6. Shadenuat

What i didn't like so far from videos is that all enemies behave in same lolrush and swarm manner. I wanted to see scared enemies, more neutral passive ones, slow moving ranged and so on. Reminder that dark souls design integrated story into its world, it wasn't just difficult for the sake of it.
  7. Shadenuat

Streamers/utubers ability to kite dodge right into next enemy pack and die is unparalleled Just whats wrong with these ppl
  8. Shadenuat

What drove BG3's success, game mechanics or emotional engagement?

This argument was always nothing but fantasy of gaem journalists. Same as 2d dead 3d bettar Fucking pokemon is turn based and it always sold buckets.
  9. Shadenuat

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

World design isn't optional. By making more things in game optional, you are just making a not game.
  10. Shadenuat

While there is no 1 right way to make rpg, i think quest markers just deconstruct whole roleplaying and game design on fundamental way. World designer doesn't have to make world believable, think how people and things move around, put hints of people activity at places (visually show that is...
  11. Shadenuat

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

Wotc reputation atm is such that long term it might be better for rpg dev to keep distance from them
  12. Shadenuat

Owlcat's next game is an AAA title that will need full voice acting to compete with BG3

It may be good experience for them. Owlcats are sick with graphomania and working under limit and planning all dialogue and making it more laconic and to the point is what they need. Might also cut on amount of shit romances. Honestly the power of word is given and taken by vidya game writers...
  13. Shadenuat

How many hours did you clock in on Skyrim?

I just clocked some hours in skyrim home of nords morrowind mod and with its outdated engine and modders hiccups it still gets skyrim better than skyrim. Instead of killing hagravens and bloodthirsty celtic savages you can do quests for them. There is city split between brutal nord qwan and...
  14. Shadenuat

I think achivos might be interesting carrot to hang about undiscovered obscure shit in the game, i did look them up for aod and pathfinder. Don't know how good can it be to hint player they can finish game by killing Vivec or whatever

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom