Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by siroptimusprime

1. siroptimusprime

Crispy™ Is Kinkmaker gud?

I'll find this Brienne comparison for Valerie endlessly hilarious. Speaking purely from an objective context, Valerie hides her beauty and is not mechanically known for brutish strength. Brienne is, at best, described as unfortunate looking and towers over and can physically overwhelm many men...
  2. siroptimusprime

Arcanum Arcanum - No wonder Troika went under

Is actually the reason I wanted to dull my original statement a bit. There's a lot of trash getting there and inside but I'm happy fluent gets to see the game with fresh eyes. That's a magical experience I wish I could have back. It's still not in my Top 5 or even my favorite Troika game...
  3. siroptimusprime

Note the use of the word "after." I had no problem with BMC even if it was kinda boring between the interesting plot points. It's the everything afterwards that absolutely pales in comparison to Tarant. I was perhaps a bit harsh with calling it all shit, but Tarant is a ridiculous water mark...
  4. siroptimusprime

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

IIRC someone found a bit of code that dictates targeting AI. It was a counter that incremented whenever Character A missed an attack or an enemy targeting them missed an attack. When it broke a threshold, the enemy would choose a new target. Likewise, if a Character being targeted landed an...
  5. siroptimusprime

I treat the Fluent saga like the aweigh saga, just for different purposes. Aweigh's posts are like the insane ramblings of a dying researcher, still obsessed after all these years, and genuinely has great insight into Japanese Wizardry games that you just don't get from your average Codexian...
  6. siroptimusprime

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

The whole game is time limits, anvi. That said, they add realistic and fun pressure to things and aren't actually that intense. Generally, you should just do the timed things first because any time you haven't used in the limit is just free time to do side stuff and the extra layer the game...
  7. siroptimusprime

Oh, that's a good point. I had a riot killing 100 shitty Irovettis but that's because I wanted to kill him that many times the first time around. What a smug prick. It was a nice touch that the different archetypes had different titles too (irovetti the invincible, etc.)
  8. siroptimusprime

Really dig this game but ch6 and 7 are just bad. Final fight was 4 mediocre fights smashed together with only a thin coherence to them and all the wild hunt fights leading up to it were dull slogs with hp sponges. Kinda shocked, in a good way, that an enemy FINALLY fucking bothered to dispel my...
  9. siroptimusprime

Grunker, yeah I started on normal and it was pretty rough even with TT experience. I've been steadily upping it until I realized going past my current settings just made every random schmuck a Godlike being and all the big bads turn into slot machines. The stat inflation is pretty hilarious even...
  10. siroptimusprime

Got around to clearing some of the optional Big Bads and it made me yearn for some actual difficulty. I hear the game ramps up hard in the end but even on Strengthened enemies with normal damage and the DC difficulty one step above nornal, lvl 12 and up content has felt so easy. The game needs a...
  11. siroptimusprime

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Anyone saying the name is bad is an idiot. It is evocative of intrigue, betrayal, and also properly fantastical. Unfortunately, the game is wildly uneven. I can't remember the specifics that annoyed me, but character development in combat always felt extremely... banal? I seem to remember...
  12. siroptimusprime

How long is this damn game? I've just now gotten to go into some Dream portal after King Dipshit from Pitax tried to "secretly" sabotage my kingdom (or at least every single clue points that way, could be wrong in the end! I'd prefer no spoilers on that tho) I hear that the game speeds up at...
  13. siroptimusprime

So... are you poligameous or monogameous?

RPGs consume too much time for me to split my attention. For instance, a bunch of my friends are playing Apex Legends and I would probably at least try it for a night of drunken fun but I'm 70 hours deep in Pathfinder: Kingmaker and can't even guess at when it'll end. I also have the shitty...
  14. siroptimusprime

Are there enough enhancement items and a wide enough level range to fix the hilariously bad stats on some of the companions? If not, is there a point where I can create other PC's? I know there's some lady at Oleg's that I can give a ton of gold to in order to "get" mercenaries of some sort and...
  15. siroptimusprime

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Oddity makes exploration in the game feel even more worth it and sometimes forces you to check out areas you're "not ready for" in the hopes of finding Jerry's Balls of +100 XP and usually that sends you down some encounters or quests that a non-completionist might have ignored otherwise. At...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom