Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by thesheeep

1. thesheeep

Erannorth Renaissance

The previous game was great, but its lack of support for devices like the Steam Deck were really too bad. The text is just way too small for the small screens. It would need a UI overhaul for that. I'm fine with the removal of the card mechanics, I don't mind one way or another.
  2. thesheeep

millennia

You have to take claims like that with a planet-sized spoon of salt. That dude left out so much stuff he wouldn't even be one percent there. But still, even if you 100x 48h, this guy would likely end up creating something better than Starfield in a fraction of the time. So the point about tons...
  3. thesheeep

Last Epoch - time travel action-RPG

The game would benefit from some kind of mode between the normal mode and hardcore. It is definitely a bit more on the easy side during the story. It would surprise me if nothing like that would be added at some point. I don't play a game like this in hardcore, that's just endless amounts of...
  4. thesheeep

Last Epoch - time travel action-RPG

Honestly, I love this game. Where in most other games, leveling is boring AF and you can forget thinking about builds and synergies until you are almost in the middle of end-game. But Last Epoch? Damn, you got possibilities and stuff to think about almost right out of the tutorial gate. And it...
  5. thesheeep

Mechwarrior 5: Clans - 2024

I'd be fine with procedural generation if it wasn't just the laziest procgen possible. Random terrain with no thought + random buildings with no thought + random enemy locations, shake it, done. Doesn't matter how many mods you add to that game, the missions never become in any way interesting...
  6. thesheeep

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Good on them to remove the real ****** from their forums. :kingcomrade:
  7. thesheeep

millennia

Your other points about the games UI and graphical issues are valid. But every single post you make about gameplay just boils down to "WAAAAAHHHH THIS ISN'T LIKE CIV". Just take a step back, maybe :lol:
  8. thesheeep

millennia

Oof, that does not sound too great. Why would you launch in such a rough and barebones state? I'm fine with barbarians being a constant threat in early game - in Civilization they can basically be ignored once you deal with the nest (hell, even if you don't), and that's very easy to do. It was...
  9. thesheeep

millennia

Which makes sense, right? But why would anyone see that as a negative? "Game that isn't Civ demands somewhat different strategies than Civ" ... yeah, wow, incredible :lol:
  10. thesheeep

millennia

One of the many reasons game "journalism" drifts further and further into irrelevance with lower and lower numbers of readers/audience. These people simply suck something fierce at the games they are reviewing. Add to that their hacktivist needs of injecting their personal politics into...
  11. thesheeep

Development Info Breath of Thunder Kickstarter Campaign with a Twist

I agree. The dude isn't really to blame here, other than not really realizing KS is probably not the best choice for his situation. It is no longer really suitable for "I have no income to spend on this, pay me to make this" kind of situations as people have been burned by that too often. This...
  12. thesheeep

millennia

Same. Truth be told, if many streamers (most of which I know usually play strategy games that are more.. uh... visually appealing) choose to play this without being sponsored and are obviously having a good time, that's a pretty good sign. I'm swamped with new games to play, but this one is...
  13. thesheeep

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

Good for them, really. DnD as a setting is pretty meh and "been there, done that" at this point. At least Faerun. But more important than that, DnD5 is an extremely flawed rulesystem that they already had to house rule around like an excentric DM to make it at least somewhat more palatable. And...
  14. thesheeep

The Japs do everything better

The genie near the firewine bridge comes to mind. Or the sirens. Or the basilisks. Or Drizzt. Or Mulahey (okay, not optional, but still good luck just rushing in blindly into that one). Sure, a few of those can be made (much) easier with the right preparation. But that preparation itself and...
  15. thesheeep

The Japs do everything better

Ah, okay, so you've never played these games. That strategy simply wouldn't work there for the majority of fights unless you are talking about trash mob fights (which these games have too many of, yes, didn't say they were perfect). Or unless you count reloading every few minutes as "the way to...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom