Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by ThisNameIsFree

1. ThisNameIsFree

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Paradox also had Hearts of iron TCG, discontinued now: So it's a mystery...
  2. ThisNameIsFree

My bet is stellaris CCG with micro-transactions.
  3. ThisNameIsFree

Starting Development on First Game (Dev Journal)

Since he is novice i doubt he can design shit. Can as well just make prototype and refactor it later on. As for less ambitious projects - he is not trying learn here, it's some kind of passion project. In such case it's better start coding right away doing features you want the most first.
  4. ThisNameIsFree

Vapourware MMO GAMEDESIGN

Ok, i am looking forward how game with zero server simulation on client will operate in case of high latency. At which time you plan to show skill animation and world update on client? After client message probably acquired by the server (+1xNetworkLatency) or after acquiring regular message...
  5. ThisNameIsFree

Best Strategy games of all time POLL

Tactical game to be more precise. Check your own list dude. Did you played any of those games? If you put games like Rimworld, Tropico, Dota2, King Bounty, XCOM, Jurassic world, etc in the strategy game list you don't have any right to complain. If we talk about pure strategy games which i had...
  6. ThisNameIsFree

Populace for clerks jobs not a problem at all. I mean you have whole galaxy of slaves. Then i play slave empire - i just use hw + all planets in range 6 (starbase trade gathering distance) as core worlds with trade and convert all planets in outside range to slave thrall worlds. No other...
  7. ThisNameIsFree

Best Strategy games of all time POLL

Half of those not even strategy games. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
  8. ThisNameIsFree

Vapourware MMO GAMEDESIGN

Pretty much sure in this case server and client will have quite a bit of shared code, however you picked 2 different languages for their implementation. As solo developer you should be looking how to decrease your workload, not increasing it. As for "feeding" - it looked like some feature which...
  9. ThisNameIsFree

Why voidborne tradition still not replaced by rare tech? :prosper:
  10. ThisNameIsFree

Try build several extra alloy factories on your capital asap. Get governor with retired fleet officer trait for your shipyard (totally worth it even if you need spend tons of energy trying roll one). You can stock up other useful governors this way at the same time (like Architectural interest...
  11. ThisNameIsFree

Glorious Companions - TB RPG where you lead a mercenary company - now available on Early Access

Sounds exploitable. Use only archers/mages and focus fire on enemy captain.
  12. ThisNameIsFree

Uncovered worrisome things in the "Personal Details" page

Pretty much sure you can save up some coal by burning people in batches. Further testing needed. Any holocaust deniers who are willing to participate as testing subjects?
  13. ThisNameIsFree

Just loaded my old ultra lagging 2500+ save in 2.2.4 test branch - it's actually playable now. Now i wonder about AI improvements. Maybe i will need to start using ecumenopolis vs AI?
  14. ThisNameIsFree

Seems like Glavius and mods screwed you over. I play test branch with zero mods and in my current game by year 2260 i have 8k+ fleet, my neighbour with whom i at war have equivalent and some purifirer i see have superior fleet power. From my experience standart empire AI fall short quickly...
  15. ThisNameIsFree

Hive have insane development speed right now - absolutely op and ME the worst. Science race traits seems pretty much useless because they are additive with "+science from jobs" tech and bonuses. For standart races: Migration trait - seems strongest through most of the game. +15% food good for...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom