Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lhynn

Arcane
Dont let the criticism get you down sensuki, you are doing a very good job.
Codexers just want you to do a better job, because a lot of us here feel represented by you, and because thats how codexers are. Anyway, keep it up and try to improve on it.

Im outta this thread again, this game honestly depresses me.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
All of you who are criticising Sensuki's videos because of length (LOL) or production values (ROFLES!) should die a slow horrible death and should be banned from this forum. You little piece of shits can't even realize that these videos are not for your entertainment purposes in the first place, but giving well thought, constructive feedback about the game. The videos are perfectly understandable (and I'm not even a native english speaker) and spot on. You can't watch a 30 minutes video without flipping out? Do you have ADHD or something. Fuck off!
The problem isn't the production quality, it's the lack of editing and loose presentation. Like grotesque said, putting a summary or listing the problem items and showing a short clip of the problematic behavior would dramatically reduce the video time. If your videos were ~5 minutes instead of 20+, they would have a much larger impact.

This.
What? What kind of impact do you expect? So you fuckers can watch it? Who cares if you watch it? This feedback is for the devs in the first place, and I assume if they really interested in feedback, they won'tT have a problem with watching a 30 minute video once a week, if they see that it is full of interesting tidbits.

Goddamit the Codex was the last place I expected this about Sensuki's opinions. If you edit the hell out of it, if won't feel so natural, and that is one of the things I like about it. It sounds like you are talking to me.

Oh it would be a great idea to spend hours on editing, instead of spening that time on testing the game and doing videos about it.

Don't change a thing Sensuki, your videos are perfect for a beta review. :salute:

dukeofwhales

Cipher
All of you who are criticising Sensuki's videos because of length (LOL) or production values (ROFLES!) should die a slow horrible death and should be banned from this forum. You little piece of shits can't even realize that these videos are not for your entertainment purposes in the first place, but giving well thought, constructive feedback about the game. The videos are perfectly understandable (and I'm not even a native english speaker) and spot on. You can't watch a 30 minutes video without flipping out? Do you have ADHD or something. Fuck off!

It's not about us not having the time or interest for 30 minute videos, it's about Obsidian. If you've only got X time left to fix the game before it's release, you want to spend those as efficiently as possible. Video content takes much longer than skimming text with the occasional 1 minute video to highlight the specific issue (or at least a tightly edited video to get points through as quickly as possible - consider placing bookmarks in the video description of each talking point maybe?). The videos are not difficult to understand, they're just a timesink - especially if the videos include many separate issues - if you're at OEI and are already aware of one issue, why would you keep watching some guy keep talking about it - you want to skip to the next point. They don't care about Sensuki's thoughts on the new beta as a whole, they just want Issue - Example - Suggested Fix, and longform videos are just not an efficient way to do that.

Sensuki isn't compelled to continue helping by any means, especially if he isn't feeling appreciated, but if you want to get a point across to people who are extremely time limited, you want to do it in the most efficient way possible.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The short clips demonstrating the issues chopped together in some video editing software method seems to be the way to go, I'll have a look into that for the next one. The clips are primarily aimed at the developers so if I can increase the chance that they will watch and consider my thoughts, then that's something I would like to do.

I like many of you am a bit down that the game is missing it's mark in many areas (particularly combat), and a mediocre/typical Obsidian level game would be a bit of a disappointment for me as I am more interested in the combat/gameplay than the writing. Hopefully the ship can be turned around before release.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
All of you who are criticising ... because of ... production values (ROFLES!) should die a slow horrible death and should be banned from this forum.
No u.
You might have seen the trolling icon next to my post, showing that I was just making a trolling, joking post.

It's not about us not having the time or interest for 30 minute videos, it's about Obsidian. If you've only got X time left to fix the game before it's release, you want to spend those as efficiently as possible. Video content takes much longer than skimming text with the occasional 1 minute video to highlight the specific issue (or at least a tightly edited video to get points through as quickly as possible - consider placing bookmarks in the video description of each talking point maybe?). The videos are not difficult to understand, they're just a timesink - especially if the videos include many separate issues - if you're at OEI and are already aware of one issue, why would you keep watching some guy keep talking about it - you want to skip to the next point. They don't care about Sensuki's thoughts on the new beta as a whole, they just want Issue - Example - Suggested Fix, and longform videos are just not an efficient way to do that.

Sensuki isn't compelled to continue helping by any means, especially if he isn't feeling appreciated, but if you want to get a point across to people who are extremely time limited, you want to do it in the most efficient way possible.
I agree, Sensuki could add timemarks to the videos, but that's the maximum effort he should make. If the devs can't even find the important points after that, then why are they doing the betatest? And maybe I missed it, but which dev said that they have problem with the long videos? They probably have no problem with them at all, it is just the Codex gives words into the dev's mouth. Again.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
In the description you just mention the time in MM:SS format and it should automatically create a link

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
All of you who are criticising ... because of ... production values (ROFLES!) should die a slow horrible death and should be banned from this forum.
No u.
You might have seen the trolling icon next to my post, showing that I was just making a trolling, joking post.
:lol: Definitely weren't though. Can tell from the posts on the page before, especially the initial reaction to your first look at KotC. Use of the troll seems to be an attempt at backpedaling. Or perhaps you were just playing using it wrong.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
:lol: Definitely weren't though. Can tell from the posts on the page before, especially the initial reaction to your first look at KotC. Use of the troll seems to be an attempt at backpedaling. Or perhaps you were just playing using it wrong.
The game, the camera and the UI looks awful by the way. So i just told the truth. Plus this has nothing to do with Sensuki's video, so fuck off.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Rake

Arcane
The game, the camera and the UI looks awful by the way. So i just told the truth. Plus this has nothing to do with Sensuki's video, so fuck off.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
The camera at least is way better than W2 camera :smug:

Hormalakh

Magister
Sensuki Don't listen to the haters! you shitting on Obsidian is the ebst thing to occur out of this RTwP scam.

:kingcomrade:

if this is the only guy who's thinking your videos are AWESOME!!!!!!11one!!!, then you know you've screwed up.

but of course, you already know my thots sensuki. lemme know if i can be of any help.

Shadenuat

Arcane
On "there are not enough types of violet for character clothes" Sensuki's video I turned video off. The nitpicking passed the gimmick territory and went right into realm of bethesda and bioware fans bitching. The idea of videos is to help make game better and improve the most important parts like UI & combat, right?

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I highly doubt a BioWare or Bethesda fan would complain about something like cloth tint colors, or notice that there's a pixel missing from the marquee selection UI in the left corner, or a 1px gap around the portrait UI (which was fixed in the latest patch). I notice the 1% stuff, and I don't care if I am the only person who thinks those things are worth mentioning.

Shadenuat

Arcane
And the hair
The colors for hair

These things would be a lot easier to notice for developers as just a few notes of text.

polo

Magister
Pixel missing, a gap in the portrait UI, etc. i can understand. Not enought types of violet? That's just silly. But anyways, its an opinion, i wonder if guys at obsidian watch your videos, or at least a bit of those.

Sensuki

Arcane
And the hair
The colors for hair

These things would be a lot easier to notice for developers as just a few notes of text.

My version review videos are basically a comprehensive rundown of all of my notes from the patch. Note that I also provided the bulletpoints in the Obsidian forums post with everything. That is just the style that I have been doing them in.

I will however look into structuring my later videos to be easier to follow, I've received a few tips/pms about that.

Sensuki What's your take on the current stealth system? I'd like to watch one of your videos showcasing that system.

I might do that a bit in upcoming videos, stealth has basically been pointless to use in this version - it's not required because enemies die from a round of firearm/arbalest fire.

Sensuki

Arcane
According to NCarver, the persistence issue with NPCs that have turned hostile has not been fixed for the current patch, but is a priority bug for upcoming patches. That's a bit of a shame, although I haven't been using save games anyway due to the fact that they are fucked.

inXile's persistence & save/load system was way better in the WL2 beta from memory.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There were save game corruption issues in the early WL2 beta. Don't think there were persistence issues though, the save just stopped working.

Zeronet

Learned
Lazy question but i have googled it and had no luck.

Anybody else get the sword cursor as a default? It's getting tiresome having to click all the time so i don't accidently stab NPCs i want to talk to.

Zeronet

Learned
Yup, my own dumb fault for not checking the keybindings. I'd set the camera controls to WASD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom