Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Okay final Pillars of Eternity area map tally is 160 maps, 158 areas (two areas have a different state). There is possibly one missing - I see houses for a Twin Elms related area, but no exterior listed which is odd.

There are 13 Wilderness Areas (including the two from the beta).

Twin Elms the "Big City" isn't really a Big City.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Did someone finish the beta? Do you have to fight a dragon at some point? Cause there's a dragon in the game files now (or was it always there?). I wanna try to spawn him, but if he's already in the game, that'd be a giant waste of time.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Originally there was supposed to be one in the Dyrford Crossing - there's a segment in the PE First Look video from December 2013 of the party fighting a Drake in that area.

Logically, it could be related to the Drake Egg quest, checking the script for that quest (in the dialogue files) might reveal that answer.

Athelas

Arcane
Why are you getting upset? It's not as if this game has any romances.

Is he still supposed to be a priest of the god of war/fire? I do think that would've worked better juxtaposed with a female character.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Sensuki Gotta say though, you get a bit too much a laugh out of these names. While an intentional joke may be in there Durance is a perfectly usable name. Pallegina is way worse in that regard.

Sensuki

Arcane
None of the others have that effect - Hiravias, Grieving Mother, Aloth, Sagani and Eder are all sensible.

Why are you getting upset?.

What Duraframe said, she was the best received character out of all of the originals. I think she had the best design.

Athelas

Arcane
We barely saw anything of her to begin with. We know way more about Pallegina and Eder.

Sensuki

Arcane
We barely saw anything of her to begin with. We know way more about Pallegina and Eder.

You joined in 2013. That's why. Cadegund was the most spoken about character up until the first two NPC reveals. Then Josh started only talking about Pallegina and Eder. I liked her art design and her character concept more than any of the others.

Copper

Savant
Well, you could also argue that sawyer was just making a (lame) Magic Flute reference with Pallegina / Papageno/Papagena, so even that name exists. I doubt Pallegina is a flighty free spirit though, more one of those tired 'strong' women like Aveline, from the quotes leaked so far.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Well, you could also argue that sawyer was just making a (lame) Magic Flute reference with Pallegina / Papageno/Papagena, so even that name exists. I doubt Pallegina is a flighty free spirit though, more one of those tired 'strong' women like Aveline, from the quotes leaked so far.

Bit of a stretch too, but maybe.

I still only hear BallsVagina considering palle is a slang for testicles in italian IIRC.

And I'm not joking here.

Sensuki

Arcane
Ah I see what they've done. You get one class ability every 2 levels now instead of every level as a non-caster class ... lol

dat illusion

Now as a non-caster, you'll only have 6 abilities at Level 12 instead of 12 ... great ...

Sensuki

Arcane
I will be doing some more of those. Just wanted to demonstrate the reason why this fight is a bit harder - that Monk guy does bullshit damage, he does like 100 damage a hit if he has any wounds at all.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Lol, they managed to bring over the same bug from the IE games. After the fight, the fighter's selection circle is stuck in "selected mode" or how would do you call it.

Sensuki

Arcane
Yeah although that only occured every so often in the IE games, I think it was caused by a friendly character being disabled when casting a buff on an ally or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom