Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Oh boy, I do love getting "epik" armors from quest that I can't equip because of level requirement!

Seriously, fuck whoever came up with this retarded mechanic in RPG. :x
Yeah, it pissed me off. But now I'm level 22 and the situation seems to be inverted, I keep getting low-level shit. I cleared a red level monster guarding treasure when I was level 20 and the chest had a level 11 sword... :x

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Was wondering, anyone here finished the Bloody Baron questline with...

...his wife dead and him and his daughter leaving together? Heard that it's supposed to be possible. Would be cool, especially as there are already quite a few states in which that entire questline can end. They really did some impressive work there. The whole pagan feel with the crones, sacrifices, impoverished peasantry pleading to the monsters and all also really worked.
Pretty sure whoever told you that was possible was lying.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
We're like 4 patches in and they still haven't fixed the bug with Geralt losing the mutagen bonuses on the skill tree until you re-equip them everytime you load a save.

I wonder if CDPotato is even aware of this bug

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, it pissed me off. But now I'm level 22 and the situation seems to be inverted, I keep getting low-level shit. I cleared a red level monster guarding treasure when I was level 20 and the chest had a level 11 sword...
Fighting red-skull monsters is dumb.
1) if you defeat it and open the chest the loot will scale down to your level
2) if there's a item in there that doesn't scale it will have a level requirement

Why bother?

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Edit: On Tapatatalk can't figure out the spoiler tags so minor spoilers below:

A little late but too bad about Keira

I yoozed tah lovah
But I had tah killah

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yeah, it pissed me off. But now I'm level 22 and the situation seems to be inverted, I keep getting low-level shit. I cleared a red level monster guarding treasure when I was level 20 and the chest had a level 11 sword...
2) if there's a item in there that doesn't scale it will have a level requirement

Why bother?
That one uncleared spot on the map next to novigrad was triggering me

Morkar Left

Why bother?

I just hate levelscaling. It blows my mind how any gamedev can think it's good game design.

Beowulf

Arcane

Why bother?

I just hate levelscaling. It blows my mind how any gamedev can think it's good game design.

It kills the exploration for me. I'm running around until I find a red skulled gate, but I can't even mark that spot on map with "here be dragons" (playing with POI icons off).

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Honestly though this shit is miles above any other open world shit we have been getting. Only New Vegas holds up to it and NV was much narrower in scope as it just took FO3 and did it better, which is great, but not nearly as ambitious.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Honestly though this shit is miles above any other open world shit we have been getting. Only New Vegas holds up to it and NV was much narrower in scope as it just took FO3 and did it better, which is great, but not nearly as ambitious.
Pretty much true, if you speak for the last years.
Still, I personally think the Gothic-series (3 in a patched state) has more soul, more atmosphere and was overall more rememberable than W3.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
The characters in Gothic are more memorable (5 years from now, I will probably only remember who I fucked in W3) but Gothic doesn't have the brilliant narrative of W3. Then again Gothic is dead so what's the use of beating a dead horse? Considering the current climate from an industrial point of view, I'd say CDPJKT roundhouse kicked everyone, especially Bioware with DA:I lol. PB is working on a new game and if they want to survive they're gonna have to take what made the Gothic games great and ELeKtRiFy iT like CDPRJT did with Witcher 3.

Yeah I mostly agree (especially about Biowhores ass being kicked by CDPR and ELEX having to focus on Gothics strengths)!
Except I like beating this particular dead horse, since it has so many wonderful memories for me, and I would probably throw incredible amounts of money at PB if they ever made Gothic 5.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Let's face it, the Gothic-like games we liked are long gone and closest thing we get them are from PB Games or CDP games. Maybe Kingdom Come will do that better but its without supernatural stuff.

Maybe Kingdom Come will do that better but its without supernatural stuff.
Yes this could be interesting. Video looked good so far.
Still, their focus is realism (which is great), while Gothics focus was atmosphere. So I don't think they will be really close at the end.
But you're right, it could at least become a gritty open world-game without consoletardism and high fantasy stuff etc.

Perkel

Arcane
bruxa cosplay

Can't wait for witches cosplay. Finally ugly fat girls will have something to cosplay

bruxa_cosplay__the_witcher__by_elena_neriumoleander-d8zxcra.jpg

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fuck Shani. If she lived in this world, she'd be some unbearable frigid academic feminist SJW tweeting moralistic prattle all over the interwebz.

Apart from that the second expansion, coming in a year or so, looks vastly more interesting than the first, at least from the description. Dunno, getting this political/diplomatical vibe from that shorter one. Probably a lot of scheming and running around castles full or knights and not enough monsters, Red Barons or Crones.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If she lived in this world, she'd be some unbearable frigid academic feminist SJW tweeting moralistic prattle all over the interwebz.

She was doin some ploughin business with Thaler man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom