Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 3 Mods and Tweaks

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
This is one of the few games that would genuinely benefit from a nude mod. The sauna scene with everyone wearing panties was just awkward.

Perkel

Arcane
i was about to post that

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/news/12550/?

robin@nexus said:
Robin is currently away on holiday so he's asked me to post this for him today on his behalf:

We're massive fans of CD Projekt Red here at the Nexus. Not only do they make awesome games like The Witcher 3, but they've consistently shown themselves to be champions of PC gaming above and beyond any other major game developers or publishers out there. And most importantly, they show this in their actions, not hollow words and unfulfilled promises. DRM free games, huge free "Enhanced Edition" patches to their games, free DLC (let's acknowledge how awesome that is in this day and age of "season passes" for DLC...), modding tools, and the list goes on.

So it was a real honour when a few weeks ago the folks over at CDProjekt Red got into contact with me about the (then) upcoming release of The Witcher 3 modding tools. They very kindly gave us a heads up about their plans and gave us access to a beta version of the tools so that we could update our Nexus Mod Manager to support mods made using the tools in time for their launch.

That launch is today and CDProjekt Red have annonced the launch of their modding tools. We have updated NMM to version 0.56 which includes the Witcher 3 modding support as well as fixes and optimisations for Windows 10 users of NMM. You'll need to update NMM to make use of this new functionality.

You can download the modding tools directly from our servers (no need to login to the sites to download) which also contains an official quick start guide and a sample mod creation walkthrough from CDProjekt RED.

They've also provided 4 samples mods that relate to the modding guides included in the ModKit setup package but also that anyone can use. Because the ModKit uses a specific folder in the Witcher 3 game folders for mods made with the ModKit, NMM will only work with mods made with the ModKit (so any mods made up until now for The Witcher 3 won't work with NMM). If you want to use mods made before the ModKit was released, or that do things outside of the ModKit's remit, then NMM will not be able to install these mods.

Please get in contact with us if you run in to any problems with getting Witcher 3 mods made with the ModKit to work with NMM and we'll get a hotfix out ASAP!

We look forward to seeing some great new mods for The Witcher 3 using the official ModKit.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
2915851-screen+shot+2015-08-03+at+3.11.29+pm.jpg

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So...Witcher 3 mods are breeding like rabbits lately. Here are two useful and not very controversial mods:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/325/? - Darker Cat Potion
Cat no longer rapes your eyeballs. I think there is another Cat mod, but this is the one I use.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/319/? - No auto sheath
Geralt no longer sheaths his swords automatically. No more punching drowners in the face because the game thought it was a good time to screw with you.

Also, props for Carrion: i stopped using BCE. The more I advanced in the game, the more I grew to hate the nerfs on everything. I want to feel that my character actually becomes STRONGER as I get XP, not weaker. If "Reverse difficulty curve" is a problem, then I'd say the solutions presented so far are way, WAY worse.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Is there a mod that removes wolves, harpies, sirens (and their kind of flying fucks) from the game or at least reduces the amount of them. Starting to feel bit like this.
tumblr_nl5r5vCsFH1tbfzr5o1_500.gif

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, sirens are everywhere, kind of like cliff racers except that there's always about half a dozen of them at a time. I wonder if it's even possible to get killed by a siren in this game. If you're on a boat or underwater, fighting them literally only requires you to press one button until they're all dead. On land they pose even less of a threat, unless they show up right when you're trying to make a jump over a gap and cause Geralt to enter combat mode and roll to his death instead.

JasonNH

Augur
Friendly HUD was well worth installing, if for no other reason than to quickly hide all the UI elements for screenshots and general sightseeing.

Aenra

(if you think the nVidia "trend" of handling colours and hues is anyway near ok .. stop reading now. And kill yourself)

Even after disabling most post-processing effects, i found the game having way too intense hues of warm colours, most noticeably in red, overly bright skies and an aversion to realistically depicting dark spots and shadows.
Basically it made my fucking eyes bleed.

If the above triggered you too, try this, had somehow missed it when i last searched: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3818/
Coupled with vignettes, sharpening and the lot disabled, i must say the game has actually started to look beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aenra

Ok, this is retarded, lol, but i'd rather ask than fuck anything up and redownload 35 gigs
How do you install mods on the GOG version? (laugh you fuckers, go on)

Seen posts mentioning the creation of a bundles folder, in root/content/patch0
Seen posts mentioning the creation of a Mods folder, in root
Seen posts indicating the the former is for scripted ones, the latter for graphical, ie i'd need both of the above

So before i fuck something up (a variable that gets altered was frequently mentioned), any help would be appreciated :oops:

Perkel

-----------------

Also, has anybody seen this and are you using it/should i?

Step1) Download ModKit
Step2) Install modkit
Step3) Go into the modkit folder and enter "r4data" folder, copy scripts folder
Step4) Go into your Witcher 3 installation folder, open or create "Mods" folder
Step4) Now make a new folder and name it "modBaseScripts", inside that folder make a new one named "content"
Step5) Paste scripts inside that folder
Step6) Now go to Documents\The Witcher 3 and open/create Mods.settings file (make sure it's Mods.settings instead of Mods.settings.txt !).
Step7) Now edit contents of the file as follows:

[modBaseScripts]
Enabled=1
Priority=9999
[modAnyRealMod]
Enabled=1
Priority=9998

Now, every mod you install has to be added to this file It is important that base scripts mod has the lowest priority(highest number) so it will load last, leaving only vanilla (unmodified) files to be loaded from that folder.

Courtesy of Skacikpl, as found in: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...tion-issues-when-launching-the-game-with-mods

Perkel

Arcane
Ok, this is retarded, lol, but i'd rather ask than fuck anything up and redownload 35 gigs
How do you install mods on the GOG version? (laugh you fuckers, go on)

Seen posts mentioning the creation of a bundles folder, in root/content/patch0
Seen posts mentioning the creation of a Mods folder, in root
Seen posts indicating the the former is for scripted ones, the latter for graphical, ie i'd need both of the above

So before i fuck something up (a variable that gets altered was frequently mentioned), any help would be appreciated :oops:

Perkel

-----------------

Also, has anybody seen this and are you using it/should i?

Step1) Download ModKit
Step2) Install modkit
Step3) Go into the modkit folder and enter "r4data" folder, copy scripts folder
Step4) Go into your Witcher 3 installation folder, open or create "Mods" folder
Step4) Now make a new folder and name it "modBaseScripts", inside that folder make a new one named "content"
Step5) Paste scripts inside that folder
Step6) Now go to Documents\The Witcher 3 and open/create Mods.settings file (make sure it's Mods.settings instead of Mods.settings.txt !).
Step7) Now edit contents of the file as follows:

[modBaseScripts]
Enabled=1
Priority=9999
[modAnyRealMod]
Enabled=1
Priority=9998

Now, every mod you install has to be added to this file It is important that base scripts mod has the lowest priority(highest number) so it will load last, leaving only vanilla (unmodified) files to be loaded from that folder.

Courtesy of Skacikpl, as found in: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...tion-issues-when-launching-the-game-with-mods

how to mod W3:

-go to your witcher 3 directory
-create "mods" folder
-put mod in it (for example: "modLongPenis")
-mods are folders so you need to unpack mods if they are packed

Old Hans

Arcane
I finally figured out how to mod this game and uncook all the .xml files, but holy shit what a mess. I mean, you need to type shit in a command window likes its the 1800's.

Aenra

i will NOT bite. No, You mean troll.

What do you mean uncook..?..is this a feminist test?

Old Hans

Arcane
i will NOT bite. No, You mean troll.

What do you mean uncook..?..is this a feminist test?

uncooking is basically unzipping a file that has all the actual, useable files inside. That's what those bundle files are in mods. Bundled up .xml files.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom