Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh now I remember: you have to choose at one point between two companions. So you can only have eight companions on any playthrough.

Remind me where you saw that?

Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
Somebody edited that into the wiki just a week ago. Maybe he looked at the game code as well.

Remind me where you saw that?
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/06/19/torment-tides-of-numenera-interview-2/
RPS: Can you give me any basic examples of companions you’ve come up with? How are yours different from the rather wide gallery of archetypes many RPGs pull from these days?

McComb: In general, we’re trying to think of our companions as family members, and fitting them into the party in that relation to the PC. We’ll give the player a choice of two companions at the start of the game. Due to a side effect of certain of the player’s abilities, which can be honed throughout the game, the player can pick only one of these two to adventure with – or can pick neither.

Since they appear almost at the start of the game, I think it’s probably safe to reveal that one of them is a fallen Aeon Priest whose arms are covered with intricate, living tattoos. He can pull these tattoos from his body and siphon their energies to create a blazing wall of force or a spray of acid. The other companion is a brash nano, a mad-scientist type whose recklessness has turned her into a series of quantum shadows echoed through multiple realities. Either of these can act as a mentor, a replacement for the father-figure of the Changing God.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah yes. Still not sure if this ninth companion is one of those though. It could be a temporary companion.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh, not sure if this has already been confirmed, but the game will have a day/night cycle and resting.

As far as I know the LACK of a day/night cycle has been confirmed. Are you sure that's not left over PoE stuff

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Hmm, Inxile's separate UI code has systems for resting in it. It could be just scrapped content, any devs willing to chime in?

What is stranger is that there is code tracking things like NPC hunger... I won't say Dynamic AI quite yet since that's all the evidence I have found so far.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm seeing more code referencing NPCs getting tired. And it seems to mention TTON in the source file so.. who knows?

Shammy

Learned
Didn't realize we'd be getting 9 companions, or that we choose between 2 at the beginning. Lets hope the companions are fleshed out and interesting. How are the two companions shown off in the Alpha? Do they seem like well thought out/written characters, or is it too early to tell?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm, Inxile's separate UI code has systems for resting in it. It could be just scrapped content, any devs willing to chime in?

What is stranger is that there is code tracking things like NPC hunger... I won't say Dynamic AI quite yet since that's all the evidence I have found so far.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm seeing more code referencing NPCs getting tired. And it seems to mention TTON in the source file so.. who knows?
There will be resting, they talked how it will work. Game events will only happen when you go rest and environments will change around you.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
11882269_10154213129592576_5617440691628525522_o.jpg

"A look at one of our backer rewards: the obelisk from Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan, which can be found in the currently release B0 Alpha Systems Test!"

Athelas

Arcane
If Razer's sound stuff is one of the few pieces of technology of the past that remains salvageable, then it truly is a dystopian future.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sounds good :)

I am getting a feeling this game will be my GotY 2016 (or 2017 :D)

Zeriel

Arcane
*clicks alpha video*

First thing I see is Septerra Core visuals and a follower with pink tumblr hair being edgy.

My word, this is going to be much, MUCH fucking worse than I expected. Kind of crazy since the stuff during the Kickstarter looked so much less retarded. I don't know if I can handle bitter feels of this magnitude.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
"Torment looks like Septerra Core" is the new "Wasteland 2 looks like Planet Alcatraz".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom