Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It's a good bet, although it'll happen years from now when they pack everything into a GOTY version and I get it for 10€.

himmy

Arcane
After pirating every single game I ever played for most of my life, I tried to only play games that I legitimately own over the last two years. I've been doing pretty well, too, considering my limited income, particularly thanks to Humble Bundles, Steam sales and the Beg Thread (hi, Metro ) . But this? I'll pirate day one with no remorse and play until I get really bored, before uninstalling and maybe getting on sale years later, for the mods.

I can even see it now, it will happen the same way it did with every post-Morrowind Bethesda game. I will need to find a new angle for my screen to be able to play while constantly rolling my eyes at the writing, get flickering, yet ultimately doomed sparks of hope regarding the exploration part, before realizing every dungeon and area is exactly the same and quit mid-quest, never to play it again/for years.

Sjukob

Arcane
I am going to buy like 5 copies just to piss off the Codex. And I'll blog about it on Facebook and Twitter to piss the Codex off even more. The depths I will go to piss you all off are fathomless.
Who are you going to piss off ? jcd ? imweasel ?

stray

Learned
I'm a noob, and even I'm pretty sure you won't piss off many here about that. ;)

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am going to buy like 5 copies just to piss off the Codex. And I'll blog about it on Facebook and Twitter to piss the Codex off even more. The depths I will go to piss you all off are fathomless.
Pretty sure that'll just make people laugh.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Didn't like FO3. Didn't play NV. Got too late into the FO1/2 party.

Maybe on a sale years down the line once all mods are out.

Nael

Arcane
I'm a noob, and even I'm pretty sure you won't piss off many here about that. ;)

Creepy-Condescending-Wonka.jpg

gn2p5bI.png

3YqDvOC.png

VKvQ8BS.png

stray

Learned
Yep, I joined Sunday. Games suck bad enough that it took me this long to step out of lurking.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

I think you are confusing the term "piss people off" with "show everyone how much of a gigantic faggot I am".

stray

Learned
I dunno. I just don't see Beth as having the patience to deliver something on par with New Vegas.

I was going to argue with this, but maybe that's it.

Beth can write as many factions as NV (Skyrim has a few factions), but it does seem like they don't do much with them. Their main concern just seems to be a lot of sandboxy shit not tied together (see Dark Brotherhood and Civil War). As for Fallout 3, I don't remember much except that choice between the fancy hotel and Megaton.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Here's teh thing with FO3: was there ever an option to join up with the defacto bad guys at any point in time? Hell, why was the Enclave so one dimensional at all? They could have been very different from what they created, and quite easily. Take part in a coup with some high ranking officers to overthrow the current president, the computer, and help unify the wasteland, with the Enclave as the nobility of a sorts and all other groups as second class citizens, by either convincing other groups to surrender or join in some way (tech, trade, brute force, etc). The options could have been much greater had they put some thought into it. Instead, FO3 railroaded us into a shit situation.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You could at least blow up Megaton (Moira sadly not included) and join the :obviously: Mr Tenpenny Faction... With quest added which showed the lunacy of open borders thrown in as bonus. :incline:

You can shoot them all like I did but when you let those dirty and smelling ghouls to live in Tower cause they ''deserve'' to share Tenpenny build Prosperity they end up slaughtering every human in two weeks time; Just like Niggers/Mudlimes Rory and his always angry band are portrayed from. You wont see so KKKodexian quest in any game; Merkel and the rest of Jewro L1bruls should see this. +M

pippin

So you're going to do the Codex Let's Play of this game? It's going to be tough, because FO3's LP was good shit.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Eh, the problem with that. Wasn't that quest offered the FIRST thing when you speak to that guy?
Killing a SHIT TOn of innocent people. If I was to recruit someone to do that, I'd make damn sure they wouldn't rat me out.
To ensure that, I'd put them through a series of seemingly unrelated but necessary tasks.
Some of these could be scavenging jobs that would be the guy in direct contact with a family of farmers, etc, ensuring violence was the outcome.
Others could be minor theft jobs. All of it could do either two things for me, the hiring manager:
Ensure the character lacks the moral fortitude and has enough greed to ensure when offered he won't balk, or it could give me the supplies necessary to do the job myself.
Lots of ways this could have been a long running questline instead of just hey blow this shit up for me no questions asked the fucking moment the player walks into the bar.

stray

Learned
I think the way Beth likes portraying TES (and all of it's lore) is that you should just be like the gods... a crazy dumbfuck who steals everyone's spoons, chooses all sides, and kills everyone. And becomes all class types to boot.

Except that sucks in Fallout. You're not speshul. Or you shouldn't be. And that probably confounds them. So you get a forgettable story like FO3, and they can't just write a Courier (one courier among many) and some politics.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Eh, FO2 was the Chosen One. Except I believe that you had a few chosen ones before you. So there's that...
FO1 had a guy just kinda getting the shit end of the stick I always thought. It would have been nice if you encountered other V13 dwellers that were sent out before you, either dead somewhere in the wasteland OR having decided to say fuck V13 and all those assholes, and move on to do something else.

pippin

There's a problem of structure with that quest. You enter Megaton and are immediatly approached by Lucas Simms. In dialogue, you can ask him to defuse the bomb. By this point, even at level 2, you probably already have enough points in Explosives to do so. You will never meet Mr. Burke this way, since he disappears from the game if you help Megaton. His house remains there (with a Very Hard lockpick challenge IIRC) and you can read about him in Moriarty's computer, but never meet him in person. If you did helped Megaton the first time, you'd probably learn about detonating the bomb after your first playthrough or after reading about it on the internet. In New Vegas, you have clear dialogue options telling you about helping Ringo and the people of Goodsprings or the Powder Gangers, even though helping the latter is practically the worst choice you could make in the game.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
This is another part of the issue with FO3. Why would they trust a fucking newcomer with ANYTHING at all?

Edit: especially important enough as a fucking A-bomb either way.

stray

Learned
I think if you just go off and wander, then maybe that rich dude in the apartments asks you to blow them up. So the quest starts that way.

But I'm not sure. I just remember meeting Burke the other way.

edit: If you wander off and run into those apartments, I mean.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't buy Fallout 3 either, and I only bought New Vegas because it was Obsidian. No way I buy F4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom