Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Canned PSP game The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion leaks out

Astral Rag

Arcane
Footage leaks of canned PSP game The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion

Footage has leaked online of the long-lost Elder Scrolls game once planned for PSP.

The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion would have been a companion game to Oblivion on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

It had been publicly announced and been given a rough release date of spring 2007, although the waning fortunes of Sony's portable meant the project was pulled before completion.

And yet a decent amount of the game had already been made - its hub world, various levels, its combat systems, story, some NPCs and plans for more than 180 quests were all at least partly in place.

This smaller-screened Oblivion would have featured a hub area set around High Rock, then portals out to other areas including Moonguard, Anticlere, Glenpoint and even Daggerfall.

Unseen 64 has more details on the game, or you can watch extended sections of gameplay below that the site has dug up.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wonder if this work better than TES game on Nokia NGage...
There are better games on PSP anyway (tons of turn-based titles).
Portable TES titles up to Morrowind would be great idea but Oblivion and further? Nah, bland banal shit boring, even for mobile/handhelds "standards".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4jqfcn/oblivion_on_the_psp_cancelled_unreleased_soon_to/

Hi all,

Recently I came across a few rare discs, implying to be those of the cancelled Oblivion game for the PSP. You can follow my efforts in getting them to work on this thread.

I had no idea if they worked, if they'd be playable, if anything could be salvaged. But today I'm writing to you to say, they are playable. I don't know how many hours of gameplay you'll get, and the files aren't yet working with an emulator (so you'll need a homebrewed PSP to play), but they're here and very exciting. The links for public download will be available soon, but for now check out PtoPOnline's videos of the gameplay in action (here's the first, there's a few), massive shout out to him for getting them working, and thanks to everyone who has supported me in getting the games out to the public, especially on r/psp. Special thanks to the buyer too, who made the transition from private to public use so much easier, go check out Benefactor at tamrielfoundry.com.

Thanks all for making this possible, also Morderax is my alt, so thanks for the shoutout PtoP!

Move quickly before Zenimax sends in the death squads.

Don Peste

Arcane
Good news: I have a PSP with CFW. I can have the review ready before next April and send it to you for corrections.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
here are they again
https://vid.me/lW4i
https://vid.me/ECFN
https://vid.me/ECNN

will wait for ups, maybe they work on ppsspp emu

EDIT it's both surprising, and not, that people still care about "dying handheld" (already ded) and game ported from bigger platform. Maybe because it's the most famous RPG for the masses, which was "my first time with RPG games" for average dorritos muncher.

Didn't knot that Oblivion on PS3 worked well. Everything on this engine later run like horseshit.

Lemming42

Arcane
Those geysers of blood and gore that come gushing out of anyone struck by the "Rubbish Arrow" have more entertainment value than anything in Oblivion.

I also have a PSP with custom firmware lying around somewhere, might give it a try. At an immediate first glance it doesn't look any shittier than any other PSP game.

Zeriel

Arcane
Those geysers of blood and gore that come gushing out of anyone struck by the "Rubbish Arrow" have more entertainment value than anything in Oblivion.

I also have a PSP with custom firmware lying around somewhere, might give it a try. At an immediate first glance it doesn't look any shittier than any other PSP game.

I was going to say, its animations have more impact than anything done by Bethesda with exponentially more money on real hardware. Hilarious.

deuxhero

Arcane
So this was basicly going to be Battlespire esqe? Could have worked (minus the PSP's one analog stick being a horrible idea for a first person game...)

This smaller-screened Oblivion would have featured a hub area set around High Rock, then portals out to other areas including Moonguard, Anticlere, Glenpoint and even Daggerfall.

Why the fuck were they calling it Oblivion then?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
So this was basicly going to be Battlespire esqe? Could have worked (minus the PSP's one analog stick being a horrible idea for a first person game...)

Why the fuck were they calling it Oblivion then?

Oblivion gates opened all over Tamriel

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4jqfcn/oblivion_on_the_psp_cancelled_unreleased_soon_to/

Hi all,

Recently I came across a few rare discs, implying to be those of the cancelled Oblivion game for the PSP. You can follow my efforts in getting them to work on this thread.

I had no idea if they worked, if they'd be playable, if anything could be salvaged. But today I'm writing to you to say, they are playable. I don't know how many hours of gameplay you'll get, and the files aren't yet working with an emulator (so you'll need a homebrewed PSP to play), but they're here and very exciting. The links for public download will be available soon, but for now check out PtoPOnline's videos of the gameplay in action (here's the first, there's a few), massive shout out to him for getting them working, and thanks to everyone who has supported me in getting the games out to the public, especially on r/psp. Special thanks to the buyer too, who made the transition from private to public use so much easier, go check out Benefactor at tamrielfoundry.com.

Thanks all for making this possible, also Morderax is my alt, so thanks for the shoutout PtoP!

Move quickly before Zenimax sends in the death squads.

[removed]

:?

pippin

I wonder if it's appropiae to talk about the actual Oblivion mobile port here.

The character models make me laugh with their "dance". Overall it looks like a cheap version of Ultima 8. It even has platform jumping.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hah, so they managed to release it after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom