Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

hivemind

Amazing writing so far.

Helped Highpool with the irritation system and killed the raider main base, the deputy responds with:"thanks... we'll be calling the Citadel from now on" then I go to do the vote and he becomes major(probably because the house 1 of guy burned down or something) and he suddenly goes all "fuck you rangers, red scorpions for life".

Israfael

Arcane
Is it worth replaying the game with DC? I almost finished my first playthrough on Ranger in vanilla (slick/hex/coldeye/pills+rose/lex/ralphy - pretty rad party with very unoptimized stats/skills)? Now it feels pretty unbalanced - assault rifles and brawling seem to be much more OP than anything else (apart from .50 sniper rifle, but you only get it in Holywood), is it the same in DC?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I would say yes. The DC brings faily new stuff like: Balance, more voiced npcs (tho they are not all that great), new weapons and armor, new quests, new aimed shots system, llots of bugfixes and improved graphics with unity 5.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yes, it runs pretty great.

Tho, I have a powerful system, I hear alot of other people saying the game runs great now. Try it out, I guess.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it worth replaying the game with DC? I almost finished my first playthrough on Ranger in vanilla (slick/hex/coldeye/pills+rose/lex/ralphy - pretty rad party with very unoptimized stats/skills)? Now it feels pretty unbalanced - assault rifles and brawling seem to be much more OP than anything else (apart from .50 sniper rifle, but you only get it in Holywood), is it the same in DC?
Weapons were rebalanced, but not enough to make it a whole new game. If you are a munchkin, you will still find loopholes. The main thing is that the content is all the same as before - if playing through all over again with slightly different mechanics sounds fun to you, then go for it. If nothing else, the Perks system makes levelling up more interesting.

Israfael

Arcane
Thanks, i might try it at some point, choosing different path this time (i managed to defuse the MX rocket with a lucky skillcheck almost as soon as i entered Titan temple, so i did basically nothing there and it was ruined after i returned there later in my travels :(

uaciaut

Augur
Completely forgot i had this for free since i backed Bard's Tale 4 in the first 2 days. The director's cut final inception of it is worth playing, right?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Completely forgot i had this for free since i backed Bard's Tale 4 in the first 2 days. The director's cut final inception of it is worth playing, right?
thumbs_up_by_weapons_expert_cool-d6sx4o7.gif
Totally.
thumbs_up_by_weapons_expert_cool-d6sx4o7.gif

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I'm finally able to play this game for longer amounts of time (and thus seriously) because my previous GRAFX unit would overheat while playing WL2.

At Topeka area now, it's pretty good, I saved AG Center this time (last time I did Highpool and quit after that because it was too much of a hassle with card issues).

Some of the writing is pretty bland though, but it's nice that you don't need to be an autistic min/maxer on Ranger to play through it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So Brother None, Has there been ANY talks internally at InXile in terms of adding come cut content to WL2 in a future patch?

I'm thinking alot of the cut content in the california part of the game, namely Seal Beach. We never got to see Dr. Goochman as the big bad he was set up to be and that whole angle. Also the "gippers" faction and more.

Could be cool if you guys worked on a content patch on the side next to Torment and BT. Anything like that going on or plans?

Alternatively, if you're not planning working on it, perhaps you could release some of the source materiale, so modders could perhaps try and faithfully "restore" some content as many other modders did for Fallout 1+2 etc.

Zombra

Patron
So Brother None, Has there been ANY talks internally at InXile in terms of adding come cut content to WL2 in a future patch?

Alternatively, if you're not planning working on it, perhaps you could release some of the source materiale, so modders could perhaps try and faithfully "restore" some content as many other modders did for Fallout 1+2 etc.
Speaking as an outsider, I'm gonna say no to both questions.

The Director's Cut was the big final overhaul, and post-release all major issues with it were patched. I'd love more content too, but there comes a point in every project where it's time to move on. They've got future releases to work on now, and Wasteland 2 isn't broken at this point and requires no support. It's done.

As for releasing their notes, I don't see that happening either. Sweeping up the pieces from the cutting room floor would be a pain in the ass project all by itself, and they're not just going to upload all their hard drives unfiltered for the sake of a hypothetical mod community getting their hands on some unfinished ideas to try to turn them into something that likely as not would end up bad anyway.

in short, there's no reason to think any good would come of any of this.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Speaking as an outsider, I'm gonna say no to both questions.

The Director's Cut was the big final overhaul, and post-release all major issues with it were patched. I'd love more content too, but there comes a point in every project where it's time to move on. They've got future releases to work on now, and Wasteland 2 isn't broken at this point and requires no support. It's done.

As for releasing their notes, I don't see that happening either. Sweeping up the pieces from the cutting room floor would be a pain in the ass project all by itself, and they're not just going to upload all their hard drives unfiltered for the sake of a hypothetical mod community getting their hands on some unfinished ideas to try to turn them into something that likely as not would end up bad anyway.

in short, there's no reason to think any good would come of any of this.

Yes, projects stop and people move on, but most companies actually continue to support their games for years and years on. Obviously, this is easier to do if you're a bigger company, in terms of scale and ressources. People of 2016 actually expect most companies to support their game for a long time, too. People get angry when theres a lack of support.

Wasteland 2 is still a young game, and one of the biggest selling points for InXile to get started. I even think I remember Fargo talking about how he wanted to support his games for a long long time. If there are a few ressources free, I don't think it would be unreasonable to have a few guys working on a smaller content patch with a broader release date in mind. Whether or not WL2 DC is not totally bug free and so on, I don't know.

Not sure why you think releasing some source materiale would be unthinkable, but ok, I understand your point. The mod community has shown, time and time again how ambitious it is, and just how much can be salvaged from old cut content. (Fallout restoration project, skyrim, Bloodlines and others)

Titan missile silo is not only location in Wasteland which exist in real life. The other are Rodia Towers. Interesting that all great locations in the game are based on real life places.
Watts_Tower3.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
This is one game that I expected a lot from but could not get into. Not 100% sure why. I first tried it during beta, got to almost finish train indians area and got bored there.
Than tried it after release after first round of patches and again got to train indians and got bored half way through that map.
Then I decided to wait for the overhaul that turned into waiting for DC. When that was released and few patches later I strarted a new game and this time told myself I would get further. I went to parts northern of train indians and cleared those and then went to train indians again.. and again got bored 1/3 of that map...

Don't know how to play this game. And before you say "don't go to Train indians map" it is not that map itself, it just happens that by that time the massive averageness of the game sets its claws into me and boredness starts.

I wish they either copied JA2 more or Fallout more. This game that is neither this or that makes me bored.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Quick question about game length, just so I know what I am getting into - is it true that after Arizona there is still 50% of the game to play or is that an exaggeration? Can I have a rough estimation of LA playtime?

Zombra

Patron
Quick question about game length, just so I know what I am getting into - is it true that after Arizona there is still 50% of the game to play or is that an exaggeration? Can I have a rough estimation of LA playtime?
It's true. I'd say that California is a little more than half the game, but not much more. There is plenty left to do.

Sykar

Arcane
Weapons were rebalanced, but not enough to make it a whole new game. If you are a munchkin, you will still find loopholes. The main thing is that the content is all the same as before - if playing through all over again with slightly different mechanics sounds fun to you, then go for it. If nothing else, the Perks system makes levelling up more interesting.

I cannot remember a single (c)RPG in which you could not adhere to "munchkin". Just saying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom