Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Heh, well I meant more like, killing these two of all people is still considered a criminal act. (of course murdering people should be, even Todd and Emil)
But dammit, what they have been done to game design and Role Playing Games is an affront, and to most people they still get away with it scot free.
Honestly they produce a crappy game which only exists to make some dolts clean out their pockets than barely offers any fun unless you are into 'digital make believe', and then release a bunch of mod ripped of 'expansions' for the suckers who bought a season pass without asking what kind of content they would exactly get for that money.

Honestly, buy Legos if you want to build things like houses or Vaults, or become a carpenter or architect, or start modding and design levels/maps, or just play Minecraft which probably even gives you more construction options.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I'm still amazed at how ugly the graphics are.
3's graphix were ugly as well, but it was consistently ugly all around, almost like a cartoonish kind of deal. FO4 attempts to be truly realistic and imo that's why the characters and textures look butt ugly.

I dunno, I thought they were emulating that 50s painting style.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I'm still amazed at how ugly the graphics are.
3's graphix were ugly as well, but it was consistently ugly all around, almost like a cartoonish kind of deal. FO4 attempts to be truly realistic and imo that's why the characters and textures look butt ugly.

Fallout 4 looks like any other game when you bring the graphics setting to low... except Fallout 4 always looks like shit even at high graphic settings.

Beastro

Arcane
Listened a bit to some of the Shamus guys videos about FO4.

It's nice to see his kind praising FONV and the amount of thinking and care put into it, slipping in snide remarks about about the real Fallouts (which even to them as 1, 2, and NV) while ripping Bethesda apart for their shallow, air headed thinking and complete lack of RPG and world building effort, but then he and his buddies then say things like how FO1&2 are impossible to play today because the graphics are so bad that they can't tell what's going on that leave me to wonder if we're the same species born with the same eyes....

circ

Arcane
bethestard.png

Weird, why did Skyrim get those boosts? I imagine the first few are DLC-related, are the later ones major mods or something?

OTOH it looks like nothing drew people back to FO4.

pippin

Weird, why did Skyrim get those boosts? I imagine the first few are DLC-related, are the later ones major mods or something?

Skyrim is just too damn big. Perhaps people started to play it again because of the announcement of the new version?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It looks like Skyrim boosts is in line with Steams Black Friday, Winter and Summer sale, and probably due fans abandoning Fallout 4 for modded Skyrim.

typical user

Arbiter
Skyrim has been patched by community. As I write this post I entered Diamond City Prison and got 0.25fps at the entrance. I don't know what the hell is going on. In Boston Common I get fps drops to 17 even with all game optimizing mods such as ENBoost/Shadowboost, Texture optimazation mods, Godrays turned to low and other things tweaked. Skyrim on the other hand has mods such as Realistic Lighting Overhaul, Unofficial Patches and much more all ready to make the game playable.

It is pathetic, this game was developed for "7 years", has higher system requirements and all it achieves is worse performance and visuals than Witcher 3 even with loading screens at every corner.

It is pathetic, this game was developed for "7 years", has higher system requirements and all it achieves is worse performance and visuals than Witcher 3 even with loading screens at every corner.

It was developed by stapling a bunch of new effects (with less elegance than just using ENB) to an engine that was already frankenstein-ed and decrepit. The reaction from those who normally give Bethesda blowjobs in their reviews is likely what lead to the rumored development of a new in-house platform

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The Elder Scrolls have always been far more time consuming than Fallout games. And ever since Fallout 3, they have definitely been far more entertaining.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Skyrim has been patched by community. As I write this post I entered Diamond City Prison and got 0.25fps at the entrance. I don't know what the hell is going on. In Boston Common I get fps drops to 17 even with all game optimizing mods such as ENBoost/Shadowboost, Texture optimazation mods, Godrays turned to low and other things tweaked. Skyrim on the other hand has mods such as Realistic Lighting Overhaul, Unofficial Patches and much more all ready to make the game playable.

What the hell do you have inside your computer?

Also, I'm not sure ENBoost has been updated to the latest version, texture optimization mods are a fucking sham they decrease quality and in fact remove optimizations, also what did you tweak in the ini?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Has there been a game that's gotten procedual facial animation to look good yet? Witcher 3 used procedual stuff for a rough-up of their cinematics but most of that was thrown away with hand-made stuff mixed with animation libraries.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is there ANY saving graces about this game? Has any of the mods actually improved the story, C&C, writing, setting? And no, I don't care about "gunplay". Fallout isn't a shooter.

Is the far harbor worth a playthrough at all ?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
5rcCLCk.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom