Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Special Edition

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
skse, skyui and skytweak when?

i wanna get stoned and kill dragons.

soulburner

Cipher
I like the updated look of the SE.

But it runs like crap.

On my PC (i5 2500K @ 4.3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Radeon R9 290 4 GB) the framerate often goes down to 30 fps (vsync seems to be double buffered). Same thing happened with Fallout 4 right after release, but further game patches and driver updates from AMD made it run pretty much at contant 60fps. But will this Skyrim "remaster" get the same treatment from both Bethesda and AMD?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
aaaaaaand SkyUI already got ported, no need for SKSE, the UI is there, only lacking is some map stuff and favourites menu
It's been pulled from the nexus. I suggest running a malware scan on your PC if you've installed "skyUI" for skyrim SE.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
aaaaaaand SkyUI already got ported, no need for SKSE, the UI is there, only lacking is some map stuff and favourites menu
It's been pulled from the nexus. I suggest running a malware scan on your PC if you've installed "skyUI" for skyrim SE.

It seemed kind of fishy that that was up so fast right after I read somewhere that the SkyUI guy was noncommittal about updating for the SE. Of course wasn't he was one of the modders butthurt about the failure of the paid mod adventure?

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
On my PC (i5 2500K @ 4.3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Radeon R9 290 4 GB) the framerate often goes down to 30 fps (vsync seems to be double buffered). Same thing happened with Fallout 4 right after release, but further game patches and driver updates from AMD made it run pretty much at contant 60fps. But will this Skyrim "remaster" get the same treatment from both Bethesda and AMD?

That's why you disable that piece of shit vsync and use gsync/freesync like you're supposed to do in every game anyway.

typical user

Arbiter

That's why you disable that piece of shit vsync and use gsync/freesync like you're supposed to do in every game anyway.

Not everyone can afford G-Sync/Free-Sync monitor.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You could just not disable your desktop compositor (dwm on windows), it's free vsync no matter the framerate.

The only downside is if you can't push quite 60, it'll repeat the frame (eg, a 50Hz game will repeat every 5th frame).

typical user

Arbiter
Not everyone can afford G-Sync/Free-Sync monitor.

If you want a free hobby, go play with rocks or something. Or just disable vsync on a regular monitor - the tearing's nasty, but much less nasty than halving your framerate.

If we discuss framerates, I'd much rather play in 30fps than have constanant framedrops. Besides, if your monitor has 60hz refresh rate then why the hell would you need more frames? You don't get anything besides screen tearing unless you jack off to your fps counter.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The quality is much better than original

Jj7tjhx.jpg

Drax

Arcane
Ok, gave it a try.
1) What does "64 bit render target" means?
2) I honestly can't tell the difference with vanilla skyrim.
3) OHMAGAWD I HAD FORGOTTEN THE VANILLA UI DAT INVENTORY MY EYES ARE BLEEDING PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.

acer palmatum

Scholar
Ok, gave it a try.
3) OHMAGAWD I HAD FORGOTTEN THE VANILLA UI DAT INVENTORY MY EYES ARE BLEEDING PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.

I am fully with you on 2 - that is supposed to look better? Well if so, it is still ugly.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I haven't played Skyrim without mods for so long (ever) that I have no idea what vanilla looks like.

Seethe

Arbiter
Ok, gave it a try.

It's fine, the guy who made SkyUI was given Early Access :hearnoevil:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
They say that this is imposible to see in vanilla Skyrim goin more than 30 FPS. Is this any true?

PD: Really love how "dragons" looks in Skyrim. Shame that Bethesda call them dragons instead of wyverns. :hearnoevil:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom