Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

anus_pounder

Arcane
2017 already and the game isn't released. We don't even have all the playable races in, yet. :x

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another lore bit: http://www.divinity.game/fort-joy

A BRIEF HISTORY OF FORT JOY

Talking-Factions---The-Divine-Order-v2.jpg

When we first meet our heroes, they've been sent to the notorious prison isle of Fort Joy, where the Divine Order has been interring Sourcerers 'for their own protection'.

But Bishop Alexandar and his right hand, Dallis, chose Fort Joy for a reason.

Long before collared and powerless Sourcerers roamed its courtyards, Fort Joy was the base of research for the most notorious Sourcerer of them all: Braccus Rex.

Upon this isle of horrors, Braccus researched magics ancient and unseen and harnessed them into devices he could use to dominate the powerful Sourcerers who defied him.

He made staves that could purge the Source from the powerful - and kill the powerless. Leashes that could utterly dominate those he collared. Orbs and jars that could house a person's very Source, chaining them to the location they were caught.

Many years after its master was thwarted, Fort Joy proved a valuable location to the Divine Order. Its well-protected swamps contained remnants of those powerful weapons Braccus Rex once designed, and its remote location made it perfect to quarantine an untrustworthy population.

There, among the crumbling remnants of Braccus Rex's former stronghold, Sourcerers wait, collared and powerless, for their turn to be called into the fort. Only the most powerful among the Divine Order knows what fate awaits them.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It is cringy. I hope the combat is good. I loved the first game but I could only play it once. I tried to replay it a year later when they did the Enhanced Edition but I just got bored so fast. The combat really needed more variety.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

The application form has some serious questions.

Ultima IV or Baldur's Gate II? *

Bellegar or Zandalor? *

Cheddar, Camembert, Brie or Stilton? *

You find a turtle lying on its back, unable to right itself, what would do you do? *
  • Leave it be
  • Flip it over
  • THE BELLS, THE BELLS, THEY'RE COMING FOR ME AGAIN!!!

sser

Arcane
Developer
Another lore bit: http://www.divinity.game/fort-joy

A BRIEF HISTORY OF FORT JOY

Talking-Factions---The-Divine-Order-v2.jpg

Stay awhile and listen.

To be spurred and sentenced straight to Fort Joyce... oh, a condomnation which knows no bounds, yet leaks aplenty.

'Tis but a righteous and narrow Bishop with a furious right hand that we know the filth which jets from this stronghold.

His bank a basement, his business a barbarity. Rows and shelves lined with deathly purchases. A lotta mottled bottles so thickly coddled even the smallest bauble tottles.

But Bishop Alexandar and his jerking right hand chose Fort Joyce for a reason. Collared Hourcerers, bed sims of inseminations to the sacrum, all from Braccus Rex penile flexing.

Seems legit.

Dieithrio

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Is it still possible to get the CE upgrading one friend's pledge? I was wondering about that.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Perkel

Arcane
Reason why DOS stole Dex hearth.

Systems. Don't have a mage ? Throw god damn candle into gas.
Hard battle ? Stack motherfucking barrels.
Don't like someone ? Just teleport that shithead.
You can motherfucking disagree with teammates and fight it out in some cases.

No one expected of Larian to deliver good story. People just wanted fun. And they got it. Loads of it.

Multiplayer stuff frankly to me isn't huge deal but due to them trying to cater in right way to it they made one of the few RPGs where your companions can disagree with your choices.

And since game doesn't take itself too seriously it is ok.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Stupid near-immortal boss? Teleport that fucker into lava. Muahahaha!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That is why balance is cancer and needs to be eradicated. We have beaten polio, shoulder pads and fanny packs, we will beat this.

Sjukob

Arcane
You can motherfucking disagree with teammates and fight it out in some cases
It will kill half the fun for me if they remove the opportunity to select lines for both of your characters in the dialogues .

They are also not sure about adding the full party creation , where each character is created by player . I really don't understand how RPG fans ( at least they claim to be ) may not want to do this .

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You can motherfucking disagree with teammates and fight it out in some cases
It will kill half the fun for me if they remove the opportunity to select lines for both of your characters in the dialogues .

They are also not sure about adding the full party creation , where each character is created by player . I really don't understand how RPG fans ( at least they claim to be ) may not want to do this .

Well, one major reason is that if you want to make the companions into a KOTOR 2 style supporting cast then you're going to put players who made their own party into an awkward position.

guys, i actually didn't play D:OS2 EA, besides fiddling around character creation for a couple of hours.

IIRC D:OS had Cyseal as a playground in the EA.

How large is the scope of D:OS2 EA?

Gameplay wise, how does combat differ from DOS?

And is the environment interactivity and freedom from DOS maintained?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What do you think of the music so far?

I listened to some of them, well bobby is really talented, but still, kirill is on another level.

Some tracks are good, but the battle theme that i found is really generic. Some environmental music is great tho.
I hope the music in the full version is at least on par with the one we have now.

I still wish it wad kirill tho :(

Aenra

Cannot comment, i've chosen to refrain from playing EA shit. Will do once it's reached DC version.
In dubio abstine :)

But in as far as the music in all the previous titles is concerned? Not so sure i can place Kirill as highly as most of you do; to explain, i found Divine Divinity's soundtrack/score excellent. Perfect. I loved it. I even youtube it to listen to it again; that much. And.. that's it.
No other game really stands out, you know, like the sum being more than its parts. The odd bit from BD and DKS (that part when you first transform into a dragon was come-worthy), but this is at levels easily attained by many other composers. Being occasional and scarce i mean.
On the contrary, one complaint i -do- have about Kirill is his approach to D:OS's soundscore. That mixture of techno(ish?)/traditional high fantasy themes left me nauseous.

/ymmv

Am eager to see how the new guy fares. Give the man a chance first.

Aenra

Cannot comment, i've chosen to refrain from playing EA shit. Will do once it's reached DC version.
In dubio abstine :)

Good instinct. Now wait a year after release for all games and you'll get a finished game with a fair price.

Half right :)
Not about the price, i pledged for this one and the one before it. Liked the one before it, so bought a second copy to support them. But it definitely -is- about that magic first impression. Am unlucky in that unlike most here, i'm rarely capable of replaying RPGs, just don't know, has to be something truly exceptional. So i wait; learned this the hard way, lol

JasonNH

Augur
How large is the scope of D:OS2 EA?

I haven't completed it, but guessing it is around the same from what I've seen. I think the pacing is better than Cyseal.

Gameplay wise, how does combat differ from DOS?

It has a bit more depth. There is now a physical and magical armor endurance value that needs to be depleted on an enemy before any corresponding damage type takes effect. In other words, you need to deplete the physical armor bar before physical damage occurs, or you need to deplete magical armor before your magical attacks (including debuffs and CC) take effect. It adds some additional strategy in choosing attack order based on your character skills.

There are more elemental combinations, and in general everything is "messier". Seems like everywhere you turn, there is some massive AoE field on the ground.

They have changed up the attribute system a bit, including the addition of memory, which influences the maximum number of skills you can have learned at a given time. Too many other minor variations to list.

They added height as a combat advantage.

Overall, it's a familiar feel but has changed enough that you can't go in using tactics identical to the first game. There are more variables now, although that doesn't mean it's impervious to OP abilities or a clear path of least resistance since they're still balancing and trying new things. Each patch has some pretty significant effects as they are intentionally prototyping new ideas.

And is the environment interactivity and freedom from DOS maintained?

About the same, though there is some additional three dimensional exploration with fixed climbing spots.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Even more messy and even more AOEs? Ehh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom