Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, playing STALKER for the first time, mods

So I made it to Jupiter with Misery 1, and...

That had to be the most unstable, buggy, piece of shit game I have ever played in my life.

So I upgraded to Misery 2 and the game is polished, atmospheric, and most of all, FUN!

It is a bitch though. I mean the difficulty is much harder than vanilla "Master."

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Played some more vanilla call of pripyat, with a dll that increases fov to 75. It's not bad. One needs to finish vanilla before modding anyway.

You play SoC yet?

Pripyat is 1.6 version of Chernobyl's 1.0 engine.

I have a hard time deciding which is the better game.

Chernobyl is longer but Pripyat has a much better ending.

Chernobyl's ending sucked...

All of them? There are like 10 endings.
2 of which are "real," the others illusions.

So I made it to Jupiter with Misery 1, and...

That had to be the most unstable, buggy, piece of shit game I have ever played in my life.

So I upgraded to Misery 2 and the game is polished, atmospheric, and most of all, FUN!

It is a bitch though. I mean the difficulty is much harder than vanilla "Master."

UPDATE: I'm not even out of Zaton yet and I'm getting my ass kicked real good!

The addition of a bunch of extra loot, weapons, and armor is making the game much more fun due to the level of details the mods put into it.

Misery just needs stat increases every level and it would be a full blown ARPG!

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just played with MISERY 2.1. It's a joke of a mod.

All it does it make the already bullet-spongy enemies even spongier(took 7 shots from my 'sniper' rifle to kill a fucking snork) and it spawns a bloodcyka every 10 metres to stalk and invis-rape you.

Also it skyrockets the prices on EVERYTHING. To the point where killing stuff isn't worth it since the ammo you waste is probably more expensive than the loot you are going to get.

Play vanilla master diff. instead.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah the prices are jokes here. So much
Spare parts are p.common and cheap, but the mod creators are cretins who missed it.

Best way to get money is to find stash with sawed-off shotgun (sawmill?) and hunt mutants with shotgun. Buckshots are only reliable things in this mod.

And fuckload of items is insane. There is 16 types of rags, glue, oil and 100 types of tools for everything.
Fucking whetstone cost small fortune.
Everything cost fortune.

BTW. The Armed Zone is most famous addon to Misery 2.1, and it broke the mod. Encounters with pseudogiants and else turn into a joke when you pull out revolver with anti personal bullets.
Oh and I liked grinding artifacts from pseudogiants.

Just played with MISERY 2.1. It's a joke of a mod.

All it does it make the already bullet-spongy enemies even spongier(took 7 shots from my 'sniper' rifle to kill a fucking snork) and it spawns a bloodcyka every 10 metres to stalk and invis-rape you.

Also it skyrockets the prices on EVERYTHING. To the point where killing stuff isn't worth it since the ammo you waste is probably more expensive than the loot you are going to get.

Play vanilla master diff. instead.

Misery 2 adds in a whole bunch of stuff that I like (more loot) and takes the game a couple of steps away from being a bonafied ARPG.

All it needs now is a levelling system with stats and skills beyond the class choice during installation of Misery 2 and a revamped questline with C&C

Yeah the prices are jokes here. So much
Spare parts are p.common and cheap, but the mod creators are cretins who missed it.

Best way to get money is to find stash with sawed-off shotgun (sawmill?) and hunt mutants with shotgun. Buckshots are only reliable things in this mod.

And fuckload of items is insane. There is 16 types of rags, glue, oil and 100 types of tools for everything.
Fucking whetstone cost small fortune.
Everything cost fortune.

BTW. The Armed Zone is most famous addon to Misery 2.1, and it broke the mod. Encounters with pseudogiants and else turn into a joke when you pull out revolver with anti personal bullets.
Oh and I liked grinding artifacts from pseudogiants.

Then Armed Zone is not compatible with Misery 2.1.

Misery 1 stunk and so did AMK: Autumn Edition for SoC.

I don't think it's necessary to install more than one mod for any game in the STALKER series because the X-Ray engine is still bugged with vanilla.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't think it's necessary to install more than one mod for any game in the STALKER series because the games are too buggy as is.
Buggy for you.
Otherwise nobody would make addons for mods.

2.1 or 2.1.1, same shit.

Misery 1 stunk
Based on your posts here the problem is on your side.

I don't think it's necessary to install more than one mod for any game in the STALKER series because the games are too buggy as is.
Buggy for you.
Otherwise nobody would make addons for mods.

2.1 or 2.1.1, same shit.

Misery 1 stunk
Based on your posts here the problem is on your side.

The reason the game gets modded so much is because it's so popular in Eastern Europe.

I live in the U.S. and enjoy the European feel to the whole game overall.

STALKER is a pretty faithful recreation of Chernobyl + Pripyat in terms of the ghost towns, overgrown weeds, and general look of a giant trash heap.

Misery 1 screwed up the game. I had to "eat" evey 5 seconds or else I would become "exhausted."

There wasn't enough food in any merchants inventory so I bought up all the bottles of liquor I could find and drank each one before using the sleeping bag and waking up with my Stamina at 100%.

Crossing the zone using this method took way too long to be any fun so I reinstalled Misery 2 and enjoy it more.

Misery 2 is much harder than Master vanilla FYI.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
As Mothermachinae said on the other Stalker thread; Misery 1.2 is the game as it should have been and 2.1.1 and whatever is the "moders gonna mod" bullshit where they try to get cute by adding hundreds of items and needless grinding which frankly make the game...miserable
1.2 is the best of both world frankly and proably my favorite mod of all time

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Definetly get the arsenal overhaul mod for Clear Sky; it not only add a whole lot of great weapons but includes am SRP (version 1.04) with atmosphere 3 too, it improves the gameplay tremendously and addresses the main problem with rather punchless vanilla weapons

Baron Dupek

Arcane
LS: Should I?
SV: Not until Lost Alpha is out, no.
man, if they only knew...
Meanwhile - Lost Alpha DC edition is still not out, working on it with constant flashbacks and massive butthurt must be difficult task.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
who didn't?
that was massive disappointment, lot of shady things and promises, untold deal with developers to made it a retail title for full price (now modder is left behind with his own creation, must hurt to live with it)

Silva

Arcane
As Mothermachinae said on the other Stalker thread; Misery 1.2 is the game as it should have been and 2.1.1 and whatever is the "moders gonna mod" bullshit where they try to get cute by adding hundreds of items and needless grinding which frankly make the game...miserable
1.2 is the best of both world frankly and proably my favorite mod of all time
This. Misery 1 was the most atmospheric experience of my life.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Think of it as CoC with some more meat on it. Instead of just being a sandbox with no real goal, there's an overarching story questline regardless of which faction you play as, and one unique questline for each faction. Very customizable, different gamemodes to choose from, and easily the most robust implementation of A-Life I've seen yet.

There's a fair bit of autism involved that might turn some people off, especially with the new crafting system that is extremely expansive and detailed, but stuff like that can be safely ignored without much of an impact. If you like the idea of a mod like CoC but found it to be a bit dull without any goals to work towards, I'd recommend you give this one a whirl. I'm having a really good time with it.

Oh, and it comes as a completely standalone 64-bit executable, you don't even need to have any of the games installed to run it.

JDR13

Arcane
Is there a mod for SoC that fixes bugs and enhances graphics but changes nothing else?

Every mod I look at seems to add quests and gear or changes the levels in some way. I just want to play the original game with modern graphics and as bug-free as possible.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Zone Reclamation Project is as close to vanilla as it gets while still addressing bugs and having some minor quality of life improvements here and there. Anything that might stray from a true vanilla experience is optional and can be turned off AFAIK.
ZRP does not, however, touch the game's graphics, but it is entirely compatible with any graphic mods. Don't ask me about those though, I never cared about graphic mods and just roll with whatever is packaged with the mod I happen to be playing.

http://www.metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there a mod for SoC that fixes bugs and enhances graphics but changes nothing else?

Every mod I look at seems to add quests and gear or changes the levels in some way. I just want to play the original game with modern graphics and as bug-free as possible.

Use ZRP and throw in some texture mods from the absolute series. They should all be compatible.

http://absolute.crommcruac.com/

https://www.moddb.com/mods/starter-pack

this mod is made to be Vanilla+ experience. Same core gameplay elements with better graphics, squashed bugs and slight creature comforts here and there(added sleeping bag and NPCs that can fix your weapons). Mod will come pre-configured by me as before although you still can configure it yourself throught the ZRP modifier file. It is not needed as I have configured it to be as close to Vanilla as possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom