Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
DRM-free disc will be useless as soon as the first patch hits.
I don't know why it's impossible to just put the GOG versions on the discs if they can't afford to do patches for them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
DRM-free disc will be useless as soon as the first patch hits.
I don't know why it's impossible to just put the GOG versions on the discs if they can't afford to do patches for them.

Better be polished then.

For Wasteland 2 they waited until all patches had been completed, for some reason they opted not to do that this time.

Fairfax

Arcane
GOG offers separate links to download individual patches. They should work on the disc version.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
GOG offers separate links to download individual patches. They should work on the disc version.

Afraid not.

GOG patches are compatible with GOG installers only. More specifically each patch is compatible with *one specific version* of the GOG installer for your game.

Fairfax

Arcane

Afraid not.

GOG patches are compatible with GOG installers only. More specifically each patch is compatible with *one specific version* of the GOG installer for your game.
Huh. That sucks. You could download the patched GOG version "from a friend's account" using public internet or something like that.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer

SniperHF

Arcane
To all of you who extensively played the beta - does this come through in her personality and actions?

I only played a bit of the alpha (it was still horribly unoptimized back then, so I couldn't play too much), but I don't remember either her or Aligern being at all interesting.

IMO not really. She definitely interacts with and references her other dimensional minds or whatever (been awhile) but the current dimensional version is is clearly in control. Maybe something comes of it later but she's substantially less interesting in beta content than the other companions. It's more about the 'weird' setting than the gameplay/plot/story.

Oh fuck :(
Was it like that in the beta?

I think some other people have answered this since I multi'd it, but yes it was basically the same the entire time even since the combat system test.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I missed this. Chris Keenan on Torment's first battle, two days ago: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15453&p=170576#p170576

We've seen quite a bit of this feedback about the first combat. I agree there are multiple issues that are keeping it from being an effective crisis intro. It is understandable that the players expectation is that it's a "tutorial to the crisis system". By having an invulnerable enemy right off the bat, it creates a confusion. To me, the game really starts to shine after the first hour. We can and will make this better...

Well, there's one post-launch update (unless it's already changed in their internal version?)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It is understandable that the players expectation is that it's a "tutorial to the crisis system". By having an invulnerable enemy right off the bat, it creates a confusion.

Thank you, inXile, I was so confused! It's good that in this day and age there are still companies that still care enough to handhold me! I appreciate this as much as I appreciate the on-screen walkthroughs in the crises.

Moth

Learned
An adventure crazed Aasimar with low intellect who will no doubt be affable due to his simplicity, and make us slap our thighs while howling: "Oh, this guy, haha!!!"

What an original character!

The more I stare at his portrait, the more I feel the incline up my anus.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
An adventure crazed Aasimar with low intellect who will no doubt be affable due to his simplicity, and make us slap our thighs while howling: "Oh, this guy, haha!!!"

What an original character!

The more I stare at his portrait, the more I feel the incline up my anus.

This is Chris Avellone's character FYI

Moth

Learned
This is Chris Avellone's character FYI

Huh, yikes. I'm usually an instant fan of his characters. I have an entirely unapologetic love for Durance and Grieving Mother, for example. Durance was arguably what kept me playing PoE.

It almost makes me want to be less cynical about it. I suppose it could just be the piss poor marketing campaign making the character look like a shallow rendition of Minsc-as-an-Aasimar. Or it could be just as bleh as it looks like.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I wasn't really impressed by him. I stopped playing soon after I got him, though, but all the while he kept babbling some stupid shit with a shitty voice and I didn't care about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom