Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Art

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If it work, dont sneer at it.

Unfortunately, game developers are not marketers or salemen though. The concept of striking deep into customer's psyche (gamers' heart) is foreign to them. They think such tactics is beneath their fists.
Not disagreeing, mind you.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Do you want to stop people's comparison your game with Banner Saga?

Make an absolutely gorgeous female character with pronounced behind. Whether she's a playable character or NPC doesnt matter. She should be a prominent figure in the scheme of thing.

Though not very classy - I do appreciate your proposal. I'm afraid this will make it harder for us to distinguish the game from those browser RPGs with click-bait banner ads (such as these). None of them are about the "behind" part, though. Is that where the magic of your idea is?

Meanwhile, we've started working on the interfaces. This is a prototype for the dialogues interface:

6TjArli.png

We actually had to sweat a bit over it - at first glance it might seem to be a standard look for a visual novel. However, we wanted to produce something similar to traditional cinema, with the protagonist presnet in the shot and the camera changing its position. Also, to make things clearer we have drown several shields for the characters portraits which also show its class.

What do you think of this look? The icon is not unnessesary, is it?
By the way, we have used the latest Dorphal's version for this illustration. What do you think of him?

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
Do you want to stop people's comparison your game with Banner Saga?

Make an absolutely gorgeous female character with pronounced behind. Whether she's a playable character or NPC doesnt matter. She should be a prominent figure in the scheme of thing.

Though not very classy - I do appreciate your proposal. I'm afraid this will make it harder for us to distinguish the game from those browser RPGs with click-bait banner ads (such as these). None of them are about the "behind" part, though. Is that where the magic of your idea is?

Yes it is. Almost all other games are about faces, which is a major obsession for Chinese and Koreans who are both makers and consumers of those games.

Game utilizing "behind" is extremely rare. Even Mass Effect's beautiful ass of Miranda is indirect rather than direct effort.

Your game use that is approriate because of your name. Which is why I said, the visual presentation will go with the name

Ass of God, get it?

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer

Oh yeah, Banner Saga did things similar, still we want to see how we can improve a layout/interface like this. Any thoughs on that?

Yes it is. Almost all other games are about faces, which is a major obsession for Chinese and Koreans who are both makers and consumers of those games.

Game utilizing "behind" is extremely rare. Even Mass Effect's beautiful ass of Miranda is indirect rather than direct effort.

Your game use that is approriate because of your name. Which is why I said, the visual presentation will go with the name

Ass of God, get it?

OK, I was kinda expecting this sooner or later. Thank you, good sir, we will consider your proposal.

Severian Silk

Well, I wouldn't let him babysit my six-year-old if that's what you mean.
Ha, he is actually one of the good guys (or more specific he is killed too early into the story to do something evil).

Now this is a guy you might want to be wary of:

qgkZKVn.png

Coronzon is a cardinal of Divine Retribution Temple. His eyes are as tenacious as his long thin fingers – and if his glance stopped on somebody’s face for more than a couple of seconds, it means that Coronzon has seen right through this man – and has already decided on his destiny.
Do you consider him good or the bad guy?
A character like this would arouse most Codexers.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Another character we've finished - Treeg, Ierana's crown prince.

UMGCzrH.png

Being a crown prince, Treeg is very scrupulous about matters of national importance. Sometimes so scrupulous that you may even consider him a dictator. Still, despite his slight arrogance (what else did you expect from the prince?), Treeg is an honest and fair man, and he never will commit a dastardly act. But if you screw up your duties and jeopardize the greater mission, Treeg will be ruthless and see to it that you get a thorough flogging. Just to assist in your comprehension

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
By now you might have forgotten Rumlin of whom I have told you in October, but now is a great occasion to think of him – he is our first fully animated character.

l0Exw2uDpX9C26C1W.gif

What do you think of this? Is it lifelike?

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Here is a concept art for a set of characters to be used to create a "secret" intro video for our game, Ash of Gods. These creatures are ancient to the world and take a fundamental part in its story, and it will up to the play to figure out what part exactly do they play in it. They are supposed to be the villains though not so black-and-white which some more complicated motivations than to spread evil.
All these we have tried to show in their appearance. What do you think of the result?

oKcgmm4.png

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Ok, today we have some new stuff for you guys. Our talented Lekso tiger has captured a screenshot series revealing the drawing progress on the location called Ursus' backyards. Hope you like it, folks!
26gsvRYuF8LBuwHm0.gif

The city of Ursus is well known for extensive salt production and active trade. A mysterious stone that fell on the settlement centuries ago is told to heal the baddest diseases, and lots of travellers from all over the world come here to find cure and relief.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Ok folks, we have some more visual stuff coming for you this week. Please meet captain Krieger!
16425930_1335368803151580_2651641258698928028_n.jpg

A native of Albus, he knows everyone in this city and everyone knows him. A hereditary military man, he has endured all the joys and sorrows of service in a garrison. The joys and sorrows of marriage too. That’s why he’s not very patient when he’s away from his home – and doesn’t mince his words either, including the words he uses to describe his mother-in-law. The younger soldiers under his care respect Krieger for his skills as a warrior and his ability to transfer these skills to others.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
There have been a lack of female characters in our posts lately, so please meet Philia, a mysterious herbalist and healer!

zJfhge6.png

Born as a daughter of a local witсh doctor, she lives in a large unremarkable house in the centre of Ursus. It has been more than 50 years since the last time anyone saw her mother, and the real age of Philia is also a subject to discussion. An old tavern-keeper Mat made multiple attempts to marry her (hoping to put hands on Philia's mansion), but all of those attempts failed in a very odd way: the taverner usuallly woke up in his bed with a large bruise on his buttock, and his memories of the past day were quite faint.

Last edited:

Old One

Arcane
Not a spinster by choice, Philia retains a sliver of hope that she may one day meet a real man who will...um, you know, make her not a spinster anymore. Like a roasted marshmallow, the outer self she presents to others has been baked hard by flames of disappointment, while inside she remains gooey and succulent.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Not a spinster by choice, Philia retains a sliver of hope that she may one day meet a real man who will...um, you know, make her not a spinster anymore. Like a roasted marshmallow, the outer self she presents to others has been baked hard by flames of disappointment, while inside she remains gooey and succulent.

Jesus Christ, dude, I know it's St Valentine's day tomorrow and you might feel lonely but could you please restrain yourself? It will get better:greatjob:

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
Saint Valentine's Day is an excellent occasion to emphasize the dourness of living in the world of Ash of Gods by posting an image of warrior instead of typical Valentine card. Only the tough storytelling with constant fight for life!
wink.png

1gYlDS0.png

This warrior is a native of Gellia, the highland country on North-West from Albus. Does he look like a hard-boiled highlander?

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
One more character ready - Ark. Smartass, as many guys here
smile.png

Ark is a young infantryman from the Albus regiment. He looks more like a student than a warrior. His father wanted him to be a scholar, so he forced his son to read as much as possible. Ark himself wanted to be a warrior, that’s why he escaped from the capital. Now he’s running in full gear across the training ground, highly disillusioned. Due to his relentless wish to showcase his knowledge he’s earned himself the nickname of Smartass among his fellow infantrymen. He thinks the guys are just jealous of him – because his knowledge is the thing which helps him pick up local girls.

Do you think Ark will end up being a smug weakling or he will rise to the challenge and stand with others?

LgewvaO.jpg

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
He reminds me of the character Bridon from South Park. Bridon wanted to play basketball, but his father wanted him to sing and dance.

Thank you for your comment, a great cultural reference you got there :)

Meanwhile here's an update on the animation progress. Ark is coming alive little by little. This archer always hits an aim but seems to be really bored waiting for his turn.

xTiN0gOzPqzS9MEjp6.gif

Old One

Arcane
Thank you for your comment, a great cultural reference you got there :)
See, all the girls in South Park Elementary suddenly thought singing and dancing was cool, so all the boys decided they had to do it, but then Bridon started playing basketball, and suddenly all the girls thought that was cool instead. It took some time for the boys to figure out that the girls liked whatever Bridon was doing.

Ark seems like he could be a lot like Bridon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom