Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Doktor Best

Arcane

German trailer is still not perfect, but its not a total nosedive like the english one.

himmy

Arcane
And again the protag is a bald hobo.
nothing wrong playing a drug addled hobo. Hobos need more representation in media tbh

That's not even a joke. I regularly go down the wiki rabbithole reading about various hobos of the American West and have dreams of train-hopping from one place to the other, finding work or stealing or making due in any way. I genuinely believe that's an unexplored goldmine as an RPG setting. You're literally wandering the land in search of work, box car trains provide a cool fast-travel mechanic, you have not just the bulls (cops) to worry about but also other hobos, some who will join you and some who will try to kill you. Cool and unique slang that gives flavour to the game. Hobo signs that mark places of interest and help you in your travels. And if you transgress against the ethical code agreed on at the 1889 National Hobo Convention in St. Louis too many times, you become hated by your own kind.

:Flash:

Arcane
My father found the Elex from his childhood. According to the picture on the box you can build a ray gun with it.
Elektro%20alternativ%2056%20klein.JPG

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well it doesn't really matter anyways, the main combat mode is melee (for whatever reason)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, it's like that famous Einstein quote:

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones... and plasma rifles"

Latelistener

Arcane
Melee combat has shitty animations, so I'd rather choose magic or weapons, but with that kind of animations and awkwardness, overall, it is hard for the combat system to be enjoyable. Maybe they should make an adventure game that doesn't involve fighting? Or finally stop chasing AAA titles, and focus on something smaller, but more polished?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, it seems ALL animations are really shitty, I agree. Maybe they want us simply to fly around using jetpacks in FPP mode, just dropping grenades on enemies.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Looks better than the previous materials, but the combat is still copy-paste Risen2/3 bs.

Still day 1 purchase for me.

Dexter

Arcane

Looks cool, but they really can just seem to Remake Gothic/Risen. :lol:

Aside from the Intro you can't even really tell it's supposed to be a Sci-Fi setting, I bet you gotta decide to "join the Berserkers" at some point.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I liked how the boar (?) killed him with one hit to the butt.

I can't believe how shitty the animations PB offers are, in 2017, after they have been making games for 16 years.

D1P, of course.

Ivan

Arcane

you know you're in desperate times when the devs are delivering the punchlines for youtubers. SAD

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Getting classic PB feel from this. Looking much better than prevoiusly thought. Hyped. Maybe Day 1 for me, yes im that much of a fanboy for PB jank.

Keppo

Arbiter
30592.jpg

I have to give Risen 3 a second chance, even Risen 2 was more fun for me because i finished Risen 2, but with Risen 3 after 1-2 hours i had no desire to play more, setting and story very bland and uninteresting. I hope Elex would be much better.

Kahr

"We berserkers take care of EVERY refugee who got lost in our land ... if he doesn't have the intention to eradicate us."

:what:

Very interesting, PB... Subtlety at it's finest.

Reminds me of the lesson i learnt about the holocaust in Risen 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom