Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I wish I could eat meat but I just can't. I like beef, lamb, chicken and seafood, but whenever I eat it I regret it. Thus, it's vegetables and noodles, rice, bread, dumplings. Sounds boring, but vegetarian cuisine is limitless in its variety, so I don't feel too sorry for myself.
If you have some more common problems in the tummy,i would recommend you to drink one soup spoon of zehtin(olive oil) in the morning on empty stomach,every day. Also eating olives regularly can do wonders. For acids,after they show,i recommend drinking a tea spoon of cooking soda mixed in a little bit of water.

Anyway,it is pretty obvious that you are not one of the liberal hipster dumpsters.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
I don't think there are any white knights on the 'Dex.

Quite the opposite.
So you're saying it's full of blackguards?

Not all of us dark knights are blackguards, sometimes we are just multi-classed. We are the ones you need to worry about too. We don't go charging in like idiot white knights, just wait in the shadows to sneak attack discourteous thread-derailers when they least expect it. And since we are cheesy multi-classed powerbuilds our DPS is something to be feared. Though since Lilura appears to hate all things NWN this month, in this case I am not sure which side I should be attacking. :?

And then Tolkien vs. Howard too? Do I have to pick one? Both are leagues ahead of anyone else who wrote fantasy. :?

Barb has 40 votes on my poll. Rogue has 170. :cool:

Well, if we are using popularity as a standard we would probably be forced to accept all sorts of absurdities, like concluding Skyrim or something like that is a better game than Fallout. That said, I do not find your poll result surprising. The Barbarian class was not as well implemented in NWN as one might have wished (speed bonus not stacking with Haste, Rage strength bonus often being rendered redundant because on top of items it hits the +12 ability bonus cap, among other issues), while Rogue is quite versatile and effective. Rogue/Barbarian multi-classes are pretty solid though. Since he spent some time as a thief, one could even argue that Rog/Brb multi was Conan's actual class.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Infinitron you know what to do.

Well probably you dont, so let's make it clear, split the thread and prosper/retard the off-topic.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Barb has 40 votes on my poll. Rogue has 170. :cool:

The appeal to audience argument. By that logic Mcdonalds is objectively the best food in the world.

And then Tolkien vs. Howard too? Do I have to pick one? Both are leagues ahead of anyone else who wrote fantasy. :?

I enjoy Howards work more, honestly. I felt he broke a ton of played out tropes and usually threw a great curve ball in his stories.
I think the fact everyone has copied Tolkien incessantly - has cheapened his work a bit.

Both are legends in my book. (no pun intended)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Despite whatever technical faults or style Tolkien has, that's not what's important. It's the introduction of the Secondary World to literature that matters and Tolkien is much more influential in this context than Howard. Howard pioneered the sword and sorcery genre, however, so he isn't without such achievements as well. The problem with Tolkien is that everyone after him copied the superficial elements (elves, orcs, magic) without the proper understanding of how to utilize such a fictional world. It's very easy to write pages upon pages of descriptions regarding what constitutes your little aborted world and fail to write the more traditional elements, like characters and plot.

Dorateen

Arcane
For a different take on Professor Tolkien, I can recommend The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun, two masterful sagas written in alliterative verse, giving his treatment of epic Norse mythology.

There coldly creeping
coiling serpents
as stones were staring
stilled, enchanted.
There slowly swayed they,
slumber whelmed them,
as Gunnar sang
of Gunnar's pride.

Codex Year of the Donut

Lhynn

Arcane
Since he spent some time as a thief, one could even argue that Rog/Brb multi was Conan's actual class.
It was.
I remember there being a character sheet made by gygax, or several actually, depending on the characters age. Conan had a few levels of rogue but most of his development was as a barbarian.

Its the interpretation that makes the most sense too, and 5e barbarians are basically designed after Conan.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Infinitron you know what to do.

Well probably you dont, so let's make it clear, split the thread and prosper/retard the off-topic.

tfw people feel the need to tell Infinitron to do what he always does, and then they tell him he knows what to do, and then they tell him what it is he knows to do

Sherry

Arcane
If you think that you haven't read much of Tolkien.

An illiterate pleb such as you are, is going to try and challenge me on Tolkien now?

Hi!

Lilura how are you that is nice
it has been awhile but always visiting your blog it has helped out so much with playing and suggestions even outside of NWN so tu for you insight. I just wanted to stop by and say I saw that there are now some new avatars to pick and noticied there is one you use with make-up and that would be pretty funny to see posters look upon your beauty and start posting thinking they got you and you come by and school them right? lol so if you have not seen it here it is.

okay sec I have to find the thread.,

gosh someone is complaining about sims and city builders being moved on a rpg forum. wtf! WTF! omg this pleb is ready for the taking or n ot right?

okay I found it for you but do not know if Infinitron is trolling with it or not?

ARJwijr.jpg

omg right? It adds a lot more and lightens the mood. Still lots of nwn modules to try but the poll has helped a lot with your readers votigin and already trie dAiluend Saga just recently finishin Hunt the Dark so still working the list.

Thanks,
Sherry

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Ocelot

Learned
Sounds really promising, maybe this is the time to jump back on the game that introduced me to the genre. Is this version going to have the same D&D rules as the original NWN? And as anyone played these extra modules?

sstacks

Arcane
Phil Daigle from Beamdog will be on the show this Saturday (March 24th) to talk NWN EE and SoD for mobile.

If you have questions or comments let me know and I'll try to work them in.

NOTE: This is not me offering to be a proxy for you to be a jerkhole to Beamdog. If you want to act like you're on some aggressive news show and flame the crap out of a game dev, you can call in during the live show at 501-823-0965 and do your own dirty work, baby :P

The show will broadcast live at 1 PM Central this Saturday. You can listen here online: http://965fmtheanswer.com/

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I just watched some guy's video playing nwn and when I saw the "resting" bar, I got a rush of endorphins. Then I heard the sound of a guy dying, and the sound of knockdown, and again got an endorphin rush.

So when NWNEE comes out on Steam, I want to buy it and play around on some shards.

Are there still active and interesting shards (not furry sex oriented, but general gameplay oriented), what's going on in that scene? Anyone knows?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition_23.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition v8166

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition v8166 is now available on Steam and Beamdog. We’re closing in on the March 27 release date fast!

This build brings Steam and Beamdog versions back in line and focuses on camera, audio, and part-based item/character issues.

“What happened to 8165?” you might ask. That build rolled out Thursday on Steam-only so our QA team would be able to test some Linux specific issues on that platform.

Known Issues:
  • We are still looking into the Intel Integrated GPU-related crashes on Windows.
Fixes:
  • Fixed clipping/popping on some music tracks.
  • Fixed distortion/crackling on music.
  • Switched to using OpenALSoft to allow surround sound to work properly.
  • Fixed an issue with positional audio listener orientation that was causing undefined behavior.
  • Removed UI options that are no longer relevant with OpenAL.
  • Fixed case sensitivity issues with opening music files.
  • Fixed an array bounds issue in the MP3 decoder.
  • Paste (as in copy/paste) has been fixed.
  • Fixed the issue where part-based rendering would not attach properly; like crossbows, slings, tails and wings.
  • Fixed the camera issue where switching to Drive Mode would lock the zoom-axis erroneously.
  • Fixed the camera issue where it would start tilted down in some cases.
  • We fixed ANSI-encoding of text (sorry, not UTF-8 yet) in all input modes. Everything the NWN chat font supports should now work.
  • The console doesn’t emit \ (or `, depending) anymore when opening it.
  • The console cannot be closed anymore with the console-open key. The reason for this is that some console commands require \; i.e. workshopupload. Use ESC instead.
  • You can now type ~ and ` in the console.
  • We fixed an issue where UI click positions would sometimes not line up with the buttons after switching window mode or resizing the game window.
Features:
  • Lighting and normal-mapping on static objects has been improved.
  • Added a pointer on CGameObject dedicated to NWNX use.
  • Numpad Return now acts the same as Enter on the main key block.
  • Re-enabled 2x UI scaling on 1080p. Some main menu elements do not fit yet. We plan to update the screens that break so they play nice at 1080p.
nwn.ini
  • Under Display Options, you can now set glFinishBeforeFBO=1. This will cost about 20% performance, but will fix post-process rendering issues on some setups, particularly Intel. When turned on, you’ll notice filter “leaking” into the next, producing visual artifacts (You can test this on the console by typing glFinishBeforeFBO=1). The alternative is to only run one post-process filter.
  • You can turn on Borderless Window mode by setting Borderless=1 under Display Options.
  • You can use DESKTOP-style fullscreen mode (“borderless fullscreen”) by setting FullScreenDesktopMode=1 under Display Options. FullScreen needs to be enabled as well for this to work.

sstacks

Arcane

sstacks

Arcane
Got this question from someone for tomorrow's show with Phil Daigle, thought it was a good one. Posting it here in case it gets anyone's juices flowing:

I'm dumping the news segment to get as much actual Q&A in as possible.

"I'd be interested in knowing if there are any plans to keep the infinity engine going with new games with different stories, characters and settings (rather than revisiting and revising the old games)."

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Got this question from someone for tomorrow's show with Phil Daigle, thought it was a good one. Posting it here in case it gets anyone's juices flowing:

I'm dumping the news segment to get as much actual Q&A in as possible.

"I'd be interested in knowing if there are any plans to keep the infinity engine going with new games with different stories, characters and settings (rather than revisiting and revising the old games)."

The IE engine is notoriously difficult to develop for compared to say Aurora or even Unity or Unreal.
Even generating new sprites or whatever sounds like a huge pain for them.

After their recent foray into that space - I doubt it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey WTF finish Hordes. Chapter 1 is a cool dungeon crawl.

Done. I still think chapter 1 is garbage. Secret doors and teleporters don't impress me, there's too much boring exposition, and the only interesting fights are at the end. Chapter two had somewhat-more interesting writing and still far too much trash, but it also had some genuinely entertaining and demanding battles, especially the cult temple in its near-entirety. Chapter three had comparable writing and combat, but the puzzles and fiddly platforming were just obnoxious. I was pretty surprised how they put that incredibly difficult enemy party fight right on the critical path. It took quite a bit of effort on my part for my low-maintenance-with-versatility-powergamer-dream fighter/rdd/bard to get through it, so I have no idea how the average (bad) player could even get past it. I suppose Bioware figured those types all stopped playing in the first or second chapter, so there was no need to cater to them anymore.

The ending, while superficially entertaining, was rather :retarded: in the corner-cutting way they scripted it. Aribeth was there and even commented when I bought M's true name to forever put him in my power, but then she goes and sides with him anyway because there wasn't an option to say that name as the first response? And then the ending has the nerve to say that my character forgave her, though in my head canon, not before calling her dumb repeatedly.

Anyway, there was still too much bad in there for it to be good. Kingmaker had less bad, but it didn't have as much good, so they're about even overall. It possibly could have been better if they weren't obligated to deliver a 20 hour campaign, but I guess nothing can be done about that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-23-livestream-recap.html

March 23 Livestream Recap

Only 4 days till Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition launches on Steam!

During today’s Beamdog livestream, Studio Director Phillip Daigle and Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition product owner Jonathan Hill shared the latest NWN:EE and Infinity Engine news. Jonathan and Phil played Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition together and discussed what’s to come for NWN:EE on March 27.

Missed the stream? It's on YouTube and Twitch!

Here's a quick summary of the highlights from the livestream:
  • It’s the last day of the Siege of Dragonspear Collector's Edition sale! Order it on beamdog.com for just $99.99 USD.
  • You now can buy Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition from the Twitch store!
  • All our Infinity Engine titles are currently on GOG’s Greatest Stories sale!
  • To celebrate the March 27 Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition launch on Steam, we’ll be hosting a 2-hour livestream with guests, contests and prizes! Tune in at 10am PT.
  • On April 1 there will be a special livestream where Phil and some of the Beamdog team will reveal a secret project!
  • The 2.5 patch updates for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition are still in the works. We’re a little held up due to the upcoming launch of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, and some hotfixes were needed for Siege of Dragonspear on mobile devices, but the 2.5 patch updates are coming! Localization updates are currently being tested internally.
  • Build v8166 for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has just been released. This patch focuses on camera, audio and part-based item/character issues. Check out the full patch notes here.

At 1080p, Phil’s UI scaling (left) is set to 1x while Jonathan’s UI scaling (right) is set to 2x.
  • The Roadmap and Input Trello boards for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will continue after NWN:EE releases on Steam. They help us hear what the community think.
  • We work directly with the community - if you have an idea about Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, share it on our forums, and vote for features you like on the Input board.
  • Steam Workshop already has an amazing amount of community created content for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. It works seamlessly with Neverwinter Nights override folders structure, just subscribe to the content you’re interested in, and it downloads automatically.
  • Our number one rule for NWN:EE is not to break backwards compatibility.
  • The Hall of Justice and sample character model from the tech demo are both available on Steam Workshop! Play with them, use them in mods, have fun!
  • Neverwinter Nights Vault is another place to look for custom content. It’s a real treasure for all Neverwinter Nights fans!

Phil (left) is using old character heads, while Jonathan (right) has downloaded a model from Steam Workshop. No matter which model you choose, you can play the same game together!
  • There currently is no release date for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on GOG.
  • After NWN:EE launches on Steam we’ll continue rolling out frequent development branch patches.
  • We want to let players move different interface windows as they wish and we’ll be opening up UI for modders. According to Jonathan, the more we unhardcode UI, the better.

How many magic caps did Phil get?

Excited for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition? Come and join the launch livestream on Tuesday, March 23, at 10am PT!

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom