Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggles whiskers twitch and he wrinkles his nose, "Oh . . . a female? You're talking about sneaking into the The Lady's manse to find a female? Hmmmm? . . . I've 'eard the Sidhe favor red tresses, but surely you can find another female suitable to your needs?" He seems to read your reactions as soon as he finishes speaking and holds up his hand, "Beg my pardon sires, I do not claim to understand the ways of hoomins. Well, if you're fixed on gaining the island through surreptition, might I suggest that a diversion is in order? The Barge Maidens are supposedly fierce warriors in their own right; you'll want them otherwise engaged on opposite shores when you make your landing I'll wager. I would be happy to stay on this side and draw them off for you as I so nobly did for you back in Lankshorn with Sreng and his fellows." He says the last bit without a hint of irony.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"The barge maidens did seem...formidable. A diversion would be welcome if we are to sneak in. But do we need to? They seemed more than welcoming. Getting out might be more tricky."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"We can enter in easier if it's just a select few of us. One or two would go in normally, as if we were regulars. If we're gone for too long, we can have the rest of the party strike a drastic diversion. Say, a fire."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"With enough to trade, maybe we can just buy the girl off should we want to."

nikolokolus

Arcane
So, I'm going to leave it up to you guys to drive the action from this point forward: Ask me questions, make your plan(s), put your plan(s) into motion, etc. You've been in this weird Otherworld for 5 "days" (or whatever a day is in a place that seems to be dislocated from the normal flow of time and doesn't have a true night and day).

"If we send over a few of us as regulars, we should get the rest of the group over and place them in a location to assist if things go horribly wrong. A diversion may be needed, but we might want to explore some other options besides fire."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Then we shall need a way to secretly arrive on the isle and a place to hide there. That brings us back to rescuing those oars and maybe repairing Moggle's boat. Can you scratch out a map of what friend bird saw, Urash?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
TIiQQxb.jpg

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"I am willing to take the ferry, but think I am better suited for the potential rescue group. Let more honeyed tongues than mine do the talking. Perhaps Amon can scale yonder edifice and enter the upper floors unobserved."

Amon loves climbing buildings, right? What could go wrong?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"I'd rather take the ferry. I'm not suited for stealth and skulduggery, and I have a way with people."

"I'll be part of the stealthy party. I think Rhenmyr, Moggle and I would be a pretty good team. Moggle could then start a ruckus at some point if needed to draw the warriors away. I'm know Moggle is more than capable after our last encounter."
Amon's Climb skill is 86. With Unseen Servant's hate for us, it's pretty damn risky to do any climbing at any height.

nikolokolus

Arcane
He who puts his fate in the hands of the RNG gods deserves whatever he gets -- (probably, some ancient quote from some old guy to some other guy when they were playing the first game of craps in old Babylon).
Tip the odds in your favor folks, you can mitigate risk.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Aye. We should be able to hide out and respond to any trouble Marcan and Urash stir up. Mab, Borric, will you choose hiding in bushes with us or a mansion full of naked ladies? Moggle, Amon, ideas for getting the oars or another way to get to the isle unseed?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Bah, I'm suited ill to sweet-talking and skulduggery alike. I'll take the ferry though, my maul might be of more use there."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle hems and haws a bit, "Erm . . . Ummmmmm . . . Well if you think it best, I suppose I could accompany you? Truth be told, I've always been keen to explore the infamous isle."

Last edited:
"Explore we shall. There are some items we might need to liberate from the some beings that don't deserve them. That will require some exploration."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle's mood brightens considerably, "Oh? 'Liberate' you say? Any prizes in particular catch your fancy? I must say I've always relished the notion of holding an IOUN stone . . ." Moggle reflexively wrings his paws together and lick his lips.

"I'm not exactly sure what we will find, but I am sure it will be worth our while. We just need to watch out for traps like that Solon fellow over there left for me. It was not a good experience. He just didn't understand what my goal was."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom