Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Public Demo is Available

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Not sure if serious but I've already had 3 hour long english videos of the game on my channel. And I'm not sure if I want to showcase more as it's my own game so it's stupid to be revealing all its secrets personally. It's not my place, I think.

Pope Amole II

Developer
Gave the demo a whirl and it's quite interesting. I managed to get 2 vampires which was pretty lucky, and vampire seems like a great backliner with her ranged magic attack. The first time demolition guy was scary but I figured out that you need to get him pushed to the front asap so he starts his suicide attack, then use zombie's special to push him into the back. Biggest annoyance was guardsman and his attack on move stance, really messes with skeleton and death knight.

The strategic resource management was ok, I guess? Save resources up so you can upgrade them, except the bonus is random, so it's a crapshoot. Is there really a point to having higher level undead if most of the bonuses don't apply?

Well, vampires aren't that lucky once you get a hold of them, there's pretty much a dedicated strategy where you dump your mana into 3 of them (they're easy to farm with the correct party) and then you just buff them with the fast Blackest Lodge.

Stance can be broken by moving the guardsman. And knight grows up some armor so he can absorb that.

Management system right now is pretty much a dummy. I've got another set of enchantments designed that'll be more intricate and combolicious. And the Alchemy tree allows you a bit of manipulation & adaptation.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hey, didn't even notice this.

Let's go for a spin, then.

Thanks!

EDIT: Well, it's a good timewaster. I enjoy the flipped out Sanity mechanic and the graphics in action do not bother me as much as I thought.

Time to waste more time and see what makes this thick.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
Awesome demo, love this game's aesthetic, presentation and sense of humour (who did the voice acting on the trailer? Fantastic work). Combat also feels less "gamey" than Darkest Dungeon and thematically the mechanics mesh very well. Enemy retreat mechanic is cool too.

Looking forward to this, alpha seems in a very healthy state.

Balor

Arcane
Demo is very nice, if a bit bare, ehehe, bones.
Hopefully, it will not be as grindy as DD.

Iratus

Unfrozen
Developer
Demo is very nice, if a bit bare, ehehe, bones.
Hopefully, it will not be as grindy as DD.

Thank you! There is no grind in our game at all - every new fight is the new challenge, and they all are different.

Farewell into the night

I played the demo. It's nice, I'm really digging the art and athmosphere and intro was nice too. Music is cool too, it doesn't need to be more metal. Never played DD and I wasn't familiar with the inspiration.
Well, it's not my cup of tea, because I don't like vertical combat. Above my personal preferences itt is well done and this game is very nice, but personally I prefer HoM&M style battle - so it's just me.
You guys doing good job and I wish you the best.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Just tried the demo. I was very close to losing my decked out skeleton to a suicide bomber, but the miner who had gone berserk from fear saved me by killing his fellow bomber in two hits.
I definitely like it way more than the darkest dungeon gameplaywise(granted, i played it only when it was still in the early access) and i dig these disciples/diablo inspired character looks.
:d1p:

Cadmus

Arcane
Heh I never knew this existed, the video looks fun. Why does it look like 99% Darkest Dildo?
Gonna try it today. When's the release planned for?

Cadmus

Arcane
OK I tried the demo. The atmosphere is not as good as in the DD, suppose that's got to do with the narrator not being as good, partly.
I like the reversed sanity meter only for the enemies, I hated it in DD. The game seems fine but didn't really hook me. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood. I

What I hated about DD was the inability to mouse-over over stuff on screen to see an immediate explanation or even a breakdown of the formula.
E.g.: see an enemy has some icons with effects on them but can't fucking click them to see what they do, fuck that shit

A horse of course

The art looks great but what the hell is going on with it in motion? It looks like the characters are...warping?

A horse of course

Meh, it looked pretty awful to me in the trailer but I just played the demo for about an hour and didn't really notice it so it's not the worst thing in the world.

Anyway seems like a nice game so far although as someone who hasn't played Darkest Dungeon a little hardcore for my tastes - would've preferred a more casual starter/storymode difficulty for those more interested in the progression and sencountering new things. I assume Vampires are supposed to be (in)human bombs or something? I had an extremely hard time keeping any of them alive since pretty much everything they do injures them.

Pope Amole II

Developer
Vampires are easy to produce (once you know how to metagame right, you can finish the initial battle with quadruple of them) so this is a bit of a consequence of that. They get better with upgrades, buff and synergies. Liches or mummies (who are not present in the demo) can do a lot for them, for example.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Gave the demo a spin this evening. I enjoyed it. Simple mechanics with a lot of implications and just enough depth to entertain me. I skipped Darkest Dungeon because it looked casul as fuck. This game OTOH seems to be packaged with the same warning AoD had: "this game is teh hard and will crush your feelings".

Weeeeell...

I found it pretty easy so far. Weird design decision to allow buffs and debuffs to stack with themselves, but whatever. Wanna try a party with double bride as soon as the game is out. Having a bride cast "adore him" twice resulted in her one-shotting everything with crits (after having their blocks got wasted by skellies). I'm guessing this game will be prone to metagaming abuse, which is right up my alley.

Shame you can't get the beta on the same backer tier as the base game. Gonna wait for Steam release, since Kickstarter doesn't provide Third World Regional Prices.

Anyway, looks interesting, will keep an eye out.

EDIT: Double bride DOES work on the demo and it's prettys stronk

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Also, if anyone else wanna try, the link in the OP is not broken, but the link on KS leads to a slightly more updated version of the demo. Here:

http://download.iratus.org/static/Iratus_Demo_010.zip

EDIT: OK, I'm pretty hooked. I learned that Mummy, Shade and Banshee actually ARE playable in the demo, if you get lucky enough to find them in a coffin. Is the game going into Steam Early Access? As someone who is late to the party, when is the earliest I can play whichever version is the current (and doesn't end after 4 fights)??

Pope Amole II

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom