Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline26: Come One, Come All

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Shouldn't this be in the MP gaming subforum? Maybe we can legally keep it in this forum if we make it a LP?

EDIT: ItsChon, feel free to hit up any of us on PMs if you have questions. For me, this LP by our resident grumpy Russian was what made me get into the game:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-see-the-world-die-dominions-4.95509/

It should be, my mistake.

Dayyālu

Arcane
So, how many comrades up for this one?

I still need to think about Nation, but even if we are 4-5 we can go through.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Would prefer at least 4. Any more than that is gravy in my book, since the long hiatus on this forum.

As for nation, you know I'm going Mictlan!

Kidding. I will try some mediocre never played nation.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't summon enough autism to play it. Yet. Maybe some day.

How many turns and IRL days an avarege Codexian Dominions game takes?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I can't summon enough autism to play it. Yet. Maybe some day.

How many turns and IRL days an avarege Codexian Dominions game takes?

60-80 turns, couple of months, if it finishes. Unless, rarely, somebody steamrolls the early game and everybody resigns.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Alright, seems we at least have enough to put the game on llama. I'll do so. First come first serve Pretender submissions. I'll update OP with the map link etc.

Edit: Game is up on llamaserver, OP updated. Any questions ask away.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
Maybe we should change the throne spread? Whoever starts close to the 3-pointer would easilty be able to win off 3/9 thrones in total. What about 9 2-pointers, 4-5 to win?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Maybe we should change the throne spread? Whoever starts close to the 3-pointer would easilty be able to win off 3/9 thrones in total. What about 9 2-pointers, 4-5 to win?

I'd be ok with eliminating the three pointer, though I do like the idea of fighting over such a large point swing.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I like it too. Maybe up the victory requirement to 8? We don't have that many players, shouldn't take TOO long.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I like it too. Maybe up the victory requirement to 8? We don't have that many players, shouldn't take TOO long.

Famous last words. :lol:

I'll bump up the victory requirement to 7.

Usually people only go AI when they are dead. Mighty doesn't give them huge bonuses like Master/Impossible, but they don't fold over easily like Normal/Difficult. Should be fine.

4th of July claims Mekone. Ballsy.

Dayyālu

Arcane

'cause Circus theme and 'cause I am a weeb for Automata

Oh, well.

The randomizer has spoken

MACHAKA

After testing, I don't like how Machaka plays. Another round of the randomizer!

SAUROMATIA

Uh. I hoped to get something I didn't already play. But wait, last time was in Dom4! Improvement!

Infinitum

Scholar
Allright then, on to the most important decision of the game. Lanka have several viable paths for pretender choices; there's the obvious Hindu mythology angle, but also camp exoticism (eg Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) and even shades of Kipling what with the Indian subcontinent menagerie summons.

j/k who am I kidding. No contest.

Z8BjMsI.jpg

I WANT YOU
FOR DEMON MONKEY ARMY

Dayyālu

Arcane
I seriously wanted the Titan of the Crossroads.

Because TRINITY

AND ITS A TITAN

OF THE CROSSROADS

But 340 pts was impossible to build. Suffering is eternal.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I seriously wanted the Titan of the Crossroads.

Because TRINITY

AND ITS A TITAN

OF THE CROSSROADS

But 340 pts was impossible to build. Suffering is eternal.

Trinity is kinda cool as an idea, but their magic is REALLY weak when split. Any of the astral chassis you have to either keep them together at S5/S6 or go S9/10 or something crazy like that. Even then when they are split each one is around S3 I think? :o

sqeecoo

Arcane
The only trinity I see being useful is the tiny crone one for a huge rainbow bless - such a pretender will basically only search or forge anyway so having three forgers is a bit of a bonus, and it's the cheapest chassis for that kind of bless (cheaper than the Frost Father even).

Infinitum

Scholar
True that. One would miss out on some of the non D/W crosspaths though. Do pretender gods get afflictions from old age? Getting it diseased seems like a drag for non-healer nations.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, I'd want a careful look at how the crosspaths are distributed. Disease, well, shit happens. Dominions: everything dies, nothing is safe.

Quick question guys: are we waiting for September 9 to start or do you want to start earlier? I'm mulling over various nations and pretenders cause I'm assuming we're waiting but can submit pretty much immediately if you want to start.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, I'd want a careful look at how the crosspaths are distributed. Disease, well, shit happens. Dominions: everything dies, nothing is safe.

Quick question guys: are we waiting for September 9 to start or do you want to start earlier? I'm mulling over various nations and pretenders cause I'm assuming we're waiting but can submit pretty much immediately if you want to start.

I believe we are going to wait until the 9th.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom