Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Lyric Suite

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I am sorry to hear about your condition, and I do not say that because I pity you, I am sorry simply due to the pain and/or unease (not necessarily physical) you must be experiencing so I empathise. For what it's worth, I do hope you will get better and I would like it to be so.
    Love how we, scientifically educated Kodexers, keep owning this crazy religious fundie. xD xD xD
    Thanks for recommending me that Maurice Samuel book, haven't read it all yet but it's ingenious.
    What do you think of neo-pagans ? Think a restored tradition can ever be authentic ?
    corvus
    corvus
    If Julian couldn't resuscitate the old ways back then, trying to do so today will just result in a grotesque Frankenstein-like monster. Or, at best, a farcical larping group.
    How do Christians like yourself deal with this kind of weakness and submissiveness?

"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either."
    Irenaeus
    Irenaeus
    We deal with it Crusading against heretics.
    Athos
    Athos
    Maybe the Bible must not be used as a manual of international politics., just like it isn't a scientific one.
    Athos
    Athos
    Also Jesus was giving advice about resolving petty rivalries in a community of Christians, most certainly he wasn't thinking of rapefugees. But autists gonna autist.
    -
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
    ░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
    ░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
    ░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
    ░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
    ░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
    ░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
    ▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ U HAVE BEEN SPOOKED BY THE
    ▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
    ░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
    ░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
    ░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄SPOOKY SKILENTON
    ░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
    ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
    ░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
    ░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌SEND THIS TO 7 PPL OR SKELINTONS WILL EAT YOU
    Which Frank Zappa albums should I listen to?
    jcd
    jcd
    All of them. But in particular, Zoot Allures, Make a Jazz Noise Here, The Grand Wazoo, Sleep Dirt, and Over-nite Sensation. Come to think of it I could probably recommend at least 5 more as "essential".
    Do you believe in God, or do you know of God, or both? Asking with seriousness and genuinely...
    You trigger me endlessly, but I cannot stop reading your posts nor I can put you on ignore.
    Luzur
    Luzur
    you always hate the one you love the most.
    Irenaeus II
    Irenaeus II
    I can see that
    Some people say ISIS is a traditionalist movement. Discuss.
    Manjuice Nutella
    Manjuice Nutella
    Nothing to discuss here. "Fundamentalism" does not equal "Traditionalism" in any way, if anything it is a direct contradiction for obvious reasons. A movement of this sort would be also concerned a bit more with Sufism and interpretation of the Qu'ran, than with teenagers with AKs and "Islam for Beginners" tourist guides.
    Manjuice Nutella
    Manjuice Nutella
    Traditionalisms of the various sorts are also, I dunno, quite concerned about the meaning of Tradition, including the lower level of the historical sense of it. I'm pretty sure smashing around the graves of your prophets as your highlight doesn't count as such.

ISIS is not a "traditionalist movement". It is a bunch of Warcraft III Death Cultists that just want to kill stuff and watch the world burn for the lulz.
    "War under the feudal regimes of Western Europe in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries often seemed more like sport than serious business. In the Flanders War of 1127, which involved about a thousand knights fighting for over a year, only one died by the hand of an enemy; an equal proportion of the total losses of the war resulted from excessive horn-blowing... cont
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom