Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1.07 patch detailed (stash, movement weight, inventory sorting, new cat, horse penis enlargement)

Deleted member 7219

Still not released on GOG Galaxy, at least not for me. Very odd.

Can any Steamfags confirm if it is on Steam?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just installed the patch, but my very first impression is that the new movement response system is :incline:. It removes all delays, reducing dem tank feelz.

Also, mutagen stat bug seems to be fixed.

And the new collision detection improves horse riding a LOT! Roach no longer gets stuck shrubs! :D

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
GSh1G6.jpg

Nice

norolim

Arcane
Installed. Can confirm the new movement model is much better than the old one. Remember, it's an alternative movement style and you have to turn it on in the menu, because CDPR don't want to ruin the experience for those who like horrid movement in their games. Very thoughtful of them.

Also, the Inventory is slightly better.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Also, you will quickly notice that your witcher gear has been rebalanced. I wonder if it will cause some people to "lose" their stuff (due to being lower lvl than the new level requirement). I know enhanced feline set went from 19/20 to 23. Other sets were probably changed too.

EDIT: before the butthurt begins: NO, it's not a nerf. Damage and defense were increased accordingly.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Also, you will quickly notice that your witcher gear has been rebalanced. I wonder if it will cause some people to "lose" their stuff (due to being lower lvl than the new level requirement). I know enhanced feline set went from 19/20 to 23. Other sets were probably changed too.

EDIT: before the butthurt begins: NO, it's not a nerf. Damage and defense were increased accordingly.
I'm level 22 wearing the enhanced feline set. I still get the stats thankfully but if I unequip I can't put it back :M

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Sounds kind of weird to increase the level requirements, though, as you barely had the chance to use any mastercrafted gear before the game ended anyway. Then again, they might've done that with the expansions in mind.

edit: The inventory is massively improved by separating the books from the other usable items. Makes it much less of a pain to go through your alchemy stuff or find the books you haven't read yet. If only you had a couple of more quick slots...

Fuck having to readjust every single setting from the options again, though.

Last edited:

randir14

Augur
Pretty nice patch, performance seems a little better and the inventory is cleaned up. The new movement mode is a lot more responsive and feels like it should've been the default method to begin with.

I still have a broken quest from two patches ago that hasn't been fixed, the one where you bring some orphans to live with an old woman near Novigrad. They also still haven't fixed the bug where a permanent fog settles over Skellige until you fast travel between continents a few times.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Yeah performance seems better. Managed to bump the resolution without needing to downgrade the rest of the grafics settings for silky smooth 30 fps.

Gerrard

Arcane
So this patch really did increase the size of the game's folder by 6+GB. Seriously, what did they put in there?

E: getting massive stuttering now whenever you run or ride the horse
:greatjob:

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
So this patch really did increase the size of the game's folder by 6+GB. Seriously, what did they put in there?

E: getting massive stuttering now whenever you run or ride the horse
:greatjob:

Stuttering is probably caused by fps capping. Don't use the game's built-in cap, use Riva Tuner or some other tool.

If this solves your problem, thank Durante, not me.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Can't solve "The Nobleman Statuette".
Triss and I just go to some house. Then she says "Everyhting is ready. Let's get to work." But nothing happens at all.
Great.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The GoG download is 2.1 GB, but it looks like they updated the main installer to 1.06. Old versions are no longer available.

Deleted member 7219

There's a bug with Skellige Most Wanted quest after patch 1.07. Seems like everyone is getting it regardless of platform.
Happens during werewolf fight

Geralt's movement does seem better now, using the alternate system. Stash looks ok but wish it was in from launch. I followed some crappy game journalist's advice and dumped a load of stuff on the ground in the White Orchard tavern, because they said if you drop stuff, it gets saved. Well, it didn't, and I lost some really good crafting materials.

Book tab is really good, as others have said. Being able to see what books and notes you haven't read yet is a great feature - ended up getting a few more entries in my monster journal because of it.

Performance may have improved, but I'm not sure. I'm not getting any stuttering on horseback. I have everything turned up to ultra now at 1920x1080, with AA and VSync, I even put grass and shadows on ultra (had them on high before), and I turned on HBAO. Only things I have disabled are motion blur, DoF, vignette and chromatic aberration and I'm getting 45 FPS in most areas, 30 FPS in performance intensive places. Haven't tried Novigrad yet. My system - Core 2 Quad 9660 4ghz (ancient CPU), GeForce 960 4GB, 8GB of ancient DDR2 RAM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkel

Arcane
For anybody wondering you should wait at least a year more until they actually fix game breaking stuff.
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3ds025/patch_17_bugs_megathread/
I love the new features , but for them to not be able to fix broken quests after months of patching makes me wait at least for another year for the ultimate super potato edition.

TW3 is one of the most polished open world games i played.
Frankly i can't remember more polished one in therms of bugs and glitches.

On my first playtrough i didn't find even single bug. Doing my second one and i still didn't find any...
That being said there are sure some people who have problems.

Sodafish

Arcane
I'm nearing the end of the game now, and the number of CtD I'm getting has increased massively. Usually it happens during a cutscene, but not always. I'm so near the end now though that I don't want to install this patch before finishing it.

Perkel

Arcane
I'm nearing the end of the game now, and the number of CtD I'm getting has increased massively. Usually it happens during a cutscene, but not always. I'm so near the end now though that I don't want to install this patch before finishing it.

nvidia ?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Are you using the newest nvidia drivers ?
The new drivers had ctd issues with witcher 3 for me so i had to revert back to older ones(350.12).

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I mean trying to run a game as demanding as this one without running the latest drivers for your GPU then complaining about getting mysterious crashes?

Wow.

polo

Magister
I mean trying to run a game as demanding as this one without running the latest drivers for your GPU then complaining about getting mysterious crashes?

Wow.
Its the opposite if i read right. The newest drivers cause crashes, old ones don't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom