Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

38 Studios going down the shitter (Kingdoms of Amalur devs)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That's retarded... the man doesn't deserve cancer because of it. Of course, I don't see him specify what kind of cancer. Might just be a mole!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Sum up the pain of every Rhode Island taxpayer, every OCD sufferer who 100%ed KoA, and everybody who had their belief in a modern sports hero shattered, and you end up with prostate cancer-esque levels of pain.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sum up the pain of every Rhode Island taxpayer, every OCD sufferer who 100%ed KoA, and everybody who had their belief in a modern sports hero shattered, and you end up with prostate cancer-esque levels of pain.
Don't forget http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404941,00.asp

Compare that horror story with
2rpd6du.gif

There's a superior ideology here and it isn't the one that puts self-interest ahead of all else.

Felix

Arcane
I got some gift cards from Amazon an just ordered KoA for lulz

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/us/curt-schilling-cancer/

Quite the harsh price to pay: make shitty game studio, get cancer. But ITZ shows no mercy to the corrupted few that take advantage of others for personal gain. Such is the way of the coming of the Second Video Game Crash. I have consulted the Spirit of the Bird and things will only get worse for Curt and others.

Are you listening Candy Crush devs/pubs? EA? Bobby? Gaider? Thaif creators?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's definitely not as open as one of the first two Gothics or... you're average MMO but it's fairly open compared to most other arpgs today. That said, 90% of the content is trash worse than your average MMO. I would recommned someone buying vanilla WoW at $5 during a sale and play that for a month versus Amalur.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As edgy as it sounds, I truly believe that's an example of poetic justice. What he did to his employees and the tax payers of Rhode Island was awful.

If anyone deserves cancer, it's the douches who bought the game.

/end of edge

Deleted member 7219

Have you played The Witcher? Because, if you have, and you call it a bunch of exterior hallways then you are a liar.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Have you played The Witcher? Because, if you have, and you call it a bunch of exterior hallways then you are a liar.
While I wouldn't call them hallways, they were hallway-like in construction when it came to impassable barriers because of memory issues. Bioware engine woes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
He's right... there are some interior hallways, too. Bottom line: you can't jump. They don't even have scripted areas like in Amalur. Witcher is about as 'open world' as Mass Effect.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/334241/Settlement_reached_in_38_Studios_lawsuit.php

Settlement reached in 38 Studios lawsuit

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Wells Fargo Securities said in a joint court filing yesterday that they have agreed to settle a lawsuit over 38 Studios.

The studio, known for developing Kingdoms of Amalur, was founded by former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling and shut down back in 2012 after running out of money, and has been the subject of a long-running legal battle with the state.

Final approval has been delayed due to the current government shutdown, but lawyers for both parties asked a federal judge to put the case on hold until after the shutdown is over “to give the SEC and its relevant divisions and offices time to consider and approve the settlement-in-principle."

As reported by the Boston Herald, details of the proposed settlement have not been disclosed.

Schilling moved the company from Massachusetts to Rhode Island in 2010 after the Rhode Island Commerce Corp. agreed to give the studio a $75 million loan guarantee.

The SEC said Wells Fargo and the Commerce Corp. allegedly failed to disclose that 38 Studios needed at least $75 million, but would receive only $50 million of proceeds from the bond offering, leaving a $25 million gap.

The complaint filed in 2012 claimed that many of the "defendants knew or should have known, but failed to inform the EDC Board, that 38 Studios was destined to fail according to 38 Studios' own financial projections."

38 Studios filed for bankruptcy less than two years after the move, prompting investigations and lawsuits into the company.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Used this opportunity to read up on what Curt Shilling is doing these days and he wants to run for president in 2024.

Huh.

He already failed the first step though. (Senate)

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Used this opportunity to read up on what Curt Shilling is doing these days and he wants to run for president in 2024.

Huh.

He already failed the first step though. (Senate)
One of those guys that legitimately thinks they have better name recognition and renown than Trump.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom