Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

8/domg/ challenges Codexia

Grif

Learned
Hi guys! I come bearing word from /domg/'s very much less well known cousin, 8/domg/. We'd like to challenge y'all to a friendly match of Dominions, most likely a disciple match of 4v4. We'll be using a server of our own, so no PBEMs. While nothing is set in stone, we already have a mind to set the age to MA, no bans, and we'll just take turns choosing nations. Mods will be restricted to summod 0.77 and Worthy Heroes 5.6NN. No maps chosen yet, though likely either The Old Kingdom (127+25) or Plane of Rusty Nails (143+12).

Do let us know what you think.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I want to play but disciples are not too fun for me, I'd prefer just a nice FFA with you guys. I guess I could take part tho, if I'm not the team leader. I've never played a disciple game with just two teams, maybe I'd like that more.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'd like to avoid Summod 0.77, and with four ongoing games I can't bother to be a team leader. I like Disciple games, but Summod games are a huge no-no. I can agree if we test again Johannes ' mod, though, as it would help a fellow Codexer.

Malakal , are the guys legit? /domg/ I know, never heard of a Dominions Community back at 8chan.

Grif

Learned
I'd like to avoid Summod 0.77, and with four ongoing games I can't bother to be a team leader. I like Disciple games, but Summod games are a huge no-no. I can agree if we test again Johannes ' mod, though, as it would help a fellow Codexer.

Malakal , are the guys legit? /domg/ I know, never heard of a Dominions Community back at 8chan.

We're a pretty quiet bunch, but we used to have a regular dom4 thread on 8/v/. It fell off recently with most of us moving to Discord, but we're supposed to remake that soon™.

Though, any reason why summod is ruled out? Just curious mainly, not a dealbreaker for us, since we do play vanilla blitzes now and again.

I want to play but disciples are not too fun for me, I'd prefer just a nice FFA with you guys. I guess I could take part tho, if I'm not the team leader. I've never played a disciple game with just two teams, maybe I'd like that more.

FFA definitely would be on the cards if enough agree to it. But for now, let's stick with a friendly community vs community game.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Never liked balancing mods out of autism-like principle. If you prefer a rebalance mod, I can accept one for testing a fellow forum-dweller's work.

Plus Sum1won is an asshat, but that's just my personal opinion.

We're a pretty quiet bunch, but we used to have a regular dom4 thread on 8/v/. It fell off recently with most of us moving to Discord, but we're supposed to remake that soon™.

Got it. The main problem on the 'dex is finding team leaders, as you can see. Too much... work. And we're quite the relaxed kind of Dominions players.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The meta in those type of games is very different from the usual FFA type of game. /domg/ ran a series of two team games set in all ages so I more or less know whats good and whats not.

Grif

Learned
Never liked balancing mods out of autism-like principle. If you prefer a rebalance mod, I can accept one out of testing for a fellow forum-dweller.

Plus Sum1mod is an asshat, but that's just my personal opinion
Understood. We can take it off then. Not too attached to it. I'd prefer to just have Worthy Heroes, in this case, since we're not familiar with the mod you speak of. (Although if you could link us the mod, we can playtest it ourselves to see if its to our liking.)

Got it. The main problem on the 'dex is finding team leaders, as you can see. Too much... work. And we're quite the relaxed kind of Dominions players.
And no problem. Take your time. Dom4 is meant to be played at a sedate pace anyway. :D

When your team is assembled, just holler for me in the thread and we can get the ball rolling. I'll probably be the main point of contact since all the guys here likely would not have Codex accounts.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Malakal, take the lead! Or Johannes?

I definitely agree on summod - for me it's just that the dom4 is complex enough anyway that trying to learn new balancing for some games is too much work for a noob like me :)

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane

Johannes

Arcane
I can play probably, as long as the schedule's not too tight. What era?

The meta in those type of games is very different from the usual FFA type of game. /domg/ ran a series of two team games set in all ages so I more or less know whats good and whats not.
We did the one game here on Kodex as well. It got decided p. early though, but then that is normal in 2-team games.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm up for it! But if someone is very keen to play I am fine with giving up my spot for them.

Eadee

Scholar
If you really need another player (who barely knows what he's doing) to get this started, I'm in.

Grif

Learned
Let's do this, I can take the helm. So four people.

Dayyālu, sqeecoo, KoolNoodles, Malakal posted here, that'd make for more than team of 4 already. Who's in still? Eadee dead yet?
Excellent. Looks like we can get the game underway.

Now we just need to agree on the map and the age, and reconfirm the mods we're running and we should be good to start picking nations. For the record, we're looking to play in MA, and I'm currently leaning towards The Old Kingdom for this. Only mods we plan to run are Worthy Heroes 5.6NN.

Johannes

Arcane

Johannes

Arcane
Let's do this, I can take the helm. So four people.

So we need just one more. Preferably a slav to keep it non discriminatory.
you, me, sqeecoo , KoolNoodles
1, 2, 3, 4
How much more four do you want?
Oops, I totally missed KoolNoodles post. But then there's five actually, looking at it more carefully:
Eadee KoolNoodles Dayyālu sqeecoo and me.

Who opts out?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom