Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Bird Story, To the Moon spiritual sequel

Repressed Homosexual
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-07-freebird-games-announces-to-the-moon-2

Update: To The Moon 2 is in fact not real but a new game called A Bird Story, developer Freebird Games has announced. It's due out mid-2013.

The game takes place in the To The Moon universe but a long time before the events of that first game.

Explained Freebird's Kan Gao: "A Bird Story is a simple, surreal short about a boy and a bird with a broken wing. Despite being story-based like most of my games, there are essentially no dialogues throughout.

"While Dr. Watts and Dr. Rosalene aren't in this game (chronologically, it takes place before their time), the boy in it eventually grows up to become their patient in 'episode 2' of the series."

Kan Gao shared artwork, a trailer, a screenshot and even a song from the soundtrack. All but the soundtrack are in this article.

He also shared his thoughts on people's expectations about the game that follows To The Moon.

"I know that for some who have played To the Moon, there might be certain expectations as to how the next game should be. And to be honest, I don't really know how it'll be in that regard - meeting certain quota or matching aspects of another game aren't really things that I want to make them around," Kan Gao wrote.

"However, what I can promise is that I'll always be making what truly means something to me - and hopefully, to you too. I hope everyone could take them as they come, and enjoy them for their own merits."

"Thanks for your kind support and spreading the word, folks; I wouldn't be able to do this without you all. I'm grateful for it."

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Wow, first these conartists made an 'adventure/rpg' without combat, and now they are making an adventure game without dialogue.

What will their next game be? An adventure game without graphics and only music? :troll:

Falksi

Arcane
Not really a game, but fuck me it really hit home with me. Just took me back to a much happier time, when innocence & wonder were plentiful.

Made me question a lot of things about my life now, and provided the perfect mirror to see what everyone often thinks matters doesn't.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Not really a game, but fuck me it really hit home with me. Just took me back to a much happier time, when innocence & wonder were plentiful.

Made me question a lot of things about my life now, and provided the perfect mirror to see what everyone often thinks matters doesn't.

I loved it too. But most of Codex likes to pretend they're hard boys and that feelings are for girls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom