Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ A Call For Peace -- Zarniwoop doesn't really like this thread title

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The lack of moderation is what causes this place to have monocled discussion.

Nope, we have some monocled discussions despite the ungodly amount of shitposting, racial comments, memes, gifs and YouTube videos. If you cross-check the numbers of posts in retarded threads with cRPG related threads, you will see what topics are most popular for the typical codexer. It is not cRPGs by a long margin. The posters who are trying to frame this as a debate between critical posters and sellouts SJWs are either deluded or shitposters themselves. The actual debate is between the right to shitpost every single nonsense made on whim and the right to have cRPG discussions without this shitfest getting in the way.

Lots of moderation just causes places like neofag where any opinion against the status quo = banned.

Right, because every attempt of moderation is tyranny!!! Grow up, will you?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

The level of moderation you over sensitive types want approaches that level, but I have good news for you. There is a board already like that, it's called Neogaf.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
"Nope, we have some monocled discussions despite the ungodly amount of shitposting, racial comments, memes, gifs and YouTube videos."

_220139_harry_enfield_tory_boy_300.jpg

Boring cunt, you m8.

"monocle" discussion over shitty Obsidiplop and Pikey-Fargo games.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The lack of moderation is what causes this place to have monocled discussion.

Nope, we have some monocled discussions despite the ungodly amount of shitposting, racial comments, memes, gifs and YouTube videos. If you cross-check the numbers of posts in retarded threads with cRPG related threads, you will see what topics are most popular for the typical codexer. It is not cRPGs by a long margin. The posters who are trying to frame this as a debate between critical posters and sellouts SJWs are either deluded or shitposters themselves. The actual debate is between the right to shitpost every single nonsense made on whim and the right to have cRPG discussions without this shitfest getting in the way.

Lots of moderation just causes places like neofag where any opinion against the status quo = banned.

If you guys were to decide, everything "offensive" will be labeled off-topic & shitposting while you hide your SJW ass behind the "we are just promoting monocled and intelligent on-topic discussion about cRPGs" excuse. And when you are called out for it, it's just "slippery slope fallacy!!!1".

Funny how you act like certain posters are obvious and notorious shitposters and you want more moderation from the staff, when Codex has the ignore function that should be an easy way to get rid of the shitposters.

2015 newfags to the bone. Are you a bald, bearded guy with glasses who finds Codex' lack of moderation very problematic?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you guys were to decide, everything "offensive" will be labeled off-topic & shitposting while you hide your SJW ass behind the "we are just promoting monocled and intelligent on-topic discussion about cRPGs" excuse. And when you are called out for it, it's just "slippery slope fallacy!!!1".

Once again, ad hominem. Such argument, at least from me, was never stated. I am fine with shit posting in a thread. Hey, it what makes codex fumy. But if a thread about something suddenly devolves into pages of just name calling and/or shitposting or GG/SJW arguments? Time for moderators to do their job. I also don't give a fuck if you want to have fun by having a nazi thread in GD or something like that. In fact I don't even support the nazi thread nuking on GD because I think it was unnecessary. But talking about moderation in general, I think it is good to have moderators who do their job in keeping discussion on topic.

It is also funny how you label all people that is not shitposting extraordinaire or obvious GGs as SJW. So much for having an argument?

2015 newfags to the bone. Are you a bald, bearded guy with glasses who finds Codex' lack of moderation very problematic?

Actually... I look pretty much like my avatar. A bit fatter, yes, but not to the point of obese american eating doritos you might think I am. That, and I am not currently wearing a suit and bow tie.

Now are you findng that people want to have a tid bit more moderation to be very problematic?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Me: Shitlords shouldn’t be allowed to turn cRPG discussions in shitfest competitions.

Shitlord: shit! This meme will prove you are such a cunt! neofag!, cuckdex! fuck you! fuck you!

Me: I rest my case.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Me: Shitlords shouldn’t be allowed to turn cRPG in shitfest competitions.

Shitlord: shit! This meme will prove you are such a cunt! neofag!, cuckdex! fuck you! fuck you!

Maybe stop using the word "Shitlord" if you don't want to be compared to an SJW?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy

From the fact that everything can be offensive does not follow that every offense is justifiable. In fact, even if an offense is justifiable, it doesn’t follow that it must be brought to light in every opportunity. You are confusing freedom of speech with the right to be an asshole, and they are two very different things - here, read this paper to enlighten yourself a little bit. The fact that you are accusing me of being a SJW is ironic because some of my critical posts against SJWness of Obsidian devs were banned to retardoland. I think that some of you are trying so hard to defend your right to derail discussions about cRPGs with shitposting because you wrongly assumed that shitposting is the Codex’s essence, and that moderation will take it away. But the essence of the Codex are the autistic discussions of minutiae of cRPGs that you will not find on neogaf, RPGWatch or every other gaming site.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Me: Shitlords shouldn’t be allowed to turn cRPG in shitfest competitions.

Because we go through this every couple of years. Some stinking, shit smeared rapefugees from the rest of the Internet manage to wash upon these shores with all sorts of demands and ideas of how things "should" be.

How about you adhere to our culture and posting style? Newfaggot.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
What with all these newfag and card index corpse accounts raising the banner of censorship? Fuck off, no one here even knows who you are.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
What with all these newfag and card index corpse accounts raising the banner of censorship? Fuck off, no one here even knows who you are.

They probably got banned from INSERT FAVOURITE FORUM HERE, and want to turn the codex into what they lost.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Shitlords shouldn’t be allowed to turn cRPG discussions and discussions about moderation in shitfest competitions.

Some stinking, shit smeared rapefugees from the rest of the Internet manage to wash upon these short with all sorts of demands and ideas of how things "should" be.

fuck you faggot

You just proved my point.

Prime Junta

I don't know what the essence of the Codex is, but I do know one thing that keeps me coming back. It's a fascination for the many-faceted splendours of the human mind.

There are people here who can be gigantic retards in one thread, while being reasonable, intelligent, and thoughtful in another thread, with sometimes said threads even going on in parallel. I've genuinely enjoyed conversations I've had here with people whose politics I despise. Some of them I've even learned to like.

And no, I do not think this diversity would be inevitably lost by enforcing a stricter demarcation line between the seething cauldron of human waste that is GD and the gaming related areas. There is a place for everything. Perhaps the Codex does need a safe space for people who want to smear shit on the walls, but that doesn't mean it has to be allowed everywhere.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
From the fact that everything can be offensive does not follow that every offense is justifiable. In fact, even if an offense is justifiable, it doesn’t follow that it must be brought to light in every opportunity. You are confusing freedom of speech with the right to be an asshole, and they are two very different things - here, read this paper to enlighten yourself a little bit.

Did you just graduate from college or why do you insist on explaining such simple ideas in such tryhard 19-year-old-atheist-intellectual way?

Besides, nice strawman you got there. No one here is arguing that "offenses should be made at every possible opportunity", we are against increased moderation. Like Infinitron explained, staff already merges and retardoes threads and moves posts if they get really off-topic. We don't need increased moderation.

Also, are you against right to be an asshole on Codex?

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
And no, I do not think this diversity would be inevitably lost by enforcing a stricter demarcation line between the seething cauldron of human waste that is GD and the gaming related areas. There is a place for everything. Perhaps the Codex does need a safe space for people who want to smear shit on the walls, but that doesn't mean it has to be allowed everywhere.

The rest of your post was spot on, but this is where you are missing the point. There already is a strict demarcation line between the seething cauldron of human waste that is GD and the gaming related areas. The safe space for people who want to smear shit on the walls is both GD, or for worse offenders, prosperland. You are not allowed to shitpost anywhere, try doing it on RPG News or GRPG discussion and you'll have your shit retardoed, be tagged, prosperized, watchwizzed or banned fairly quickly.

You should read this thread for more eloquently put arguments: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...kes-aka-fretrider-should-not-be-banned.80768/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom