Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A conversation with a gaming journalist

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DarkSign said:
In law school they teach you to use a simple, yet elegant formula called IRAC: Issue, Rule, Analysis, Conclusion.
Hey, leave Iraq out of this.

Baphomet

Scholar
An open letter to gaming journalists

Hi. I'm some dude who buys your products. I like games, and after reading this thread I thought I'd write an open letter to you gaming journalists. I'd like to know which games are worth playing and which ones are not. Please base your coverage on this notion instead of whether you perceive a game company to be professional. I value professionalism in other services - healthcare, finances, legal representation. But games? Professionalism is arbitrary here. When it comes to games, I am not going to base my purchasing decision on whether the company's executives feature snazzy suits, articulate diction. I base my decision on the quality of the game. So please, write for your target audience. Thanks.

psycojester

Arbiter
I want my games made by a team of misanthropic basement dwelling rejects that work round the clock because they have no social lives or concept of personal hygiene and can create really interesting and unique game play scenarios because they live their lives vicariously through their characters.

If they can do that well i don't care if their hands are coated in a layer of cheezo dust and semen.

I want my games made by a combination of flamboyantly gay artists, white-supremacist programmers who include thousands of lines of comments in the source code about the eventual rise of the fourth reich, angsty black women doing all the writing, a kind hearted old Russian man with a razor sharp wit as the lead producer, and a young lead designer trying to get the supermodel babe of his dreams.

Because if I've learned anything from cookie cutter comedy movies, they will forget their differences, band together, and against all odds make the best game ever.

psycojester

Arbiter
If i was wearing a hat i'd doff it to you, that was brilliant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom