Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A lingering problem

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Wyrmlord, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Wyrmlord Self-Ejected Patron

Wyrmlord
    I remember that several weeks back, a really old thread was ressurected in General RPG Discussion. Somehow, it came to the topic of Nazism. At that point, a guy immediately comes up, and starts talking about "real facts behind Holocaust" and his views on race and other sociological matters. He starts posting dozens of quotes from academic texts. It was all thinly disguised hate speech, with a guy a trying to rationalize it with supposedly scientific evidence.

The guy didn't even have any earlier posts in this forum. And his first post was solely to talk about Nazism, in a RPG forum, in the General RPG Discussion area. As if he came here solely to promote his agenda.

The big problem was that people started debating with him. They actually gave the benefit of discourse to that man; they actually gave him an opportunity to say all the shit he wanted to say. Instead of stopping this as soon as it came up. All his rants, his holocaust denials were perpetuated for several pages, and everyday I saw that thread on the very top of the page.

And then, at the General Discussion area, I remember this one thread where people were saying, "If immigrants can't assimiliate to our country, they can get GTFO". Lovely, people preaching cultural intolerance, and talking about how they have the right to decide the cultural practices of other people in their country. And there was another thread where people start talking about how Africans are inferior beings because of their history, and then one guy talks about how the Western civilization is the height of intellectual achievement.

And most recently, a pedophile started defending the idea of intercourse with 14 year olds. He even tried to rationalize this sort of thinking, giving some arguments. Not to mention the fact that he even posted pictures of 14 year old girls, in some wierd attempt to prove whatever point he was making.

Why? Why is all this allowed to happen? Nazis? Xenophobes? Pedophiles? What is going on?
    ^ Top  
  2. Trash Simply fabulous

Trash
    Because we have a no ban policy here. It attracts crazies.

You want to debate this as well?
    ^ Top  
  3. Wyrmlord Self-Ejected Patron

Wyrmlord
    Do you mean to tell me this is not the first time this has come up? Well I am new here, so I wouldn't know.
    ^ Top  
  4. Ratty Scholar

Ratty
    Really? Where? Link please.
    ^ Top  
  5. Vaarna_Aarne Ask me about anime Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Ha! Busted! Your ass is grass when Chris Hansen shows up. :)

Anyway, I agree. We shouldn't even notice sick fucktards like that.
    ^ Top  
  6. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    They should just ban everyone who disagrees with me. That would solve this problem.
    ^ Top  
  7. Texas Red Whiner

Texas Red
    For the last time, get your terms straight. Pedophilia applies only to preteens, as in children, not adolescents. It is natural to want untested ass as proved historically where 13 year olds were given immediately for marriage because, get this, they were biologically ready.

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  8. Trash Simply fabulous

Trash
    But not this time.

Nah, I meant that this will most likely turn into one clusterfuck of a debate. It indeed has been debated, and these were never nice to see. For a serious answer though, read the subject of my last post. I do this a lot because hardly anyone ever reads the subject lines.
    ^ Top  
  9. Walkin' Dude Scholar

Walkin' Dude
    Damn. I am so glad your nick was changed.
    ^ Top  
  10. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
  11. Fez Erudite

Fez
    Isn't TWD 14 or something too though? If he's about that age it's not so creepy for him to say such things as it would be if turned out he was older.
    ^ Top  
  12. ViolentOpposition Liturgist

ViolentOpposition
    "If immigrants can't assimiliate to our country, they can get GTFO".

I agree!
    ^ Top  
  13. OccupatedVoid Arbiter

OccupatedVoid
    If you are 14-16, and you like girls of the same age you are a PEDOPHILE. Only on the RPG Codex, folks.
    ^ Top  
  14. ixg Arbiter

ixg
    twd is like 19 or something according to himself
    ^ Top  
  15. Gnidrologist Arcane

Gnidrologist
    You've really been out of loop, haven't you?
    THIS IS INTERNET!!!

[​IMG]
    ^ Top  
  16. spacemoose Erudite

spacemoose
    see wyrmlord, the things you listed are actually things I like about the codex, ie. we don't have a squad of monkeys to shout down every non pc opinion, as most other forums. so I have to give you the customary gtfo

you're not going to see politics on the front page anyhow, since gd is not tied to it anymore
    ^ Top  
  17. Truth Scholar

Truth
    What do their shirts say?
    ^ Top  
  18. spacemoose Erudite

spacemoose
    hmm photobucket hasn't been loading for me for the past few days
    ^ Top  
  19. Desmodus Rotundus Scholar

Desmodus Rotundus
    one says the best deskmate in the universe the other says I'm the coolest, probably, can't see the first letter
    ^ Top  
  20. Helton Arcane

Helton
    I told my doctor I had a 'going' problem. He told me I have a growing problem.
    ^ Top  
  21. spacemoose Erudite

spacemoose
    it'd be more fun if the doctor was a she
    ^ Top  
  22. spacemoose Erudite

spacemoose
    lipitor would make for a p. sweet name for a pet. a budgie or something. think about it: LIPITOR. lipitor will destroy you
    ^ Top  
  23. dagorkan Arbiter

dagorkan
    Thankfully I missed that particular thread but the pedophilia stuff needs to stop.
    ^ Top  
  24. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    Look into the Codex and the Codex looks into you
    Assimiliate to the Codex Hive Mind or GTFO.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)